Sign in to follow this  
motocross

Killing other players

Ok, so recently I watched the Sidestrafe interview with rocket. They were talking about how people just kill everyone and there is no reason for them not to. The fact that there is only benefits from killing - bar attracting zombies. Now. I am thinking, some people feel guilt in dayz when killing.. some don't.... (Assholes :D) What if we use that but extend it further. My suggestion being during fighting all will be normal, but after somone has died maybe a sad tune could play, to make you think.. to really make you stop and think about what you have just done. But think about it, not a loud massive orchestra, but you just shot someone dead in cold blood, either up close or sniped him from ages away, and then you sit there listening to the rustling in the trees.. and then... a soft saddening string song.. mabeya piano or somthing, plays through as you sit there looking at what you did.

As I said, there are always going to be people who just kill because they're a prick. But then there are the soft hearted, who only kill when they are scared or are protecting somthing close to them (friends)

Not really a giant necessary, more a standalone addon, but still. I think it is a good idea.

Suggestions and reflection please.

Motocross.

Edited for better description.

Edited by MOTOCROSS

That would just feed them, make them want more blood. They should just post a giant picture that almost stretches arcross teh screen and have it be of a kitten. This for example.

http://1.bp.blogspot.../gun_kitten.jpg

It would stay like this for 5 minutes after a kill, even if you abort and switch servers.

Edited by Ghost778

Meh, that won't do anything at all. It'd be funny though. :lol:

Well personally, when I play games such as grand theft auto (I know they don't even compare to this) but when you kill someone in a story line and then it plays the music, I just sit there all alone with nothing but my gun, thinking... why? What good did it bring..

Haha it wouldn't be very effective but it might be the first step

Anything that helps right?

I must be some sort of asshole, but that wouldn't make me care at all. Maybe if i had a real reason not to go and kill somebody.

If/when the dupong of items is removed and players have to once again move into the dangerous zones to seek out even the most basic of supplies we're going to see an increase in the conflict.

Players will once again be fighting over the bare essentials and vying for control of the good loot spawn locations.

I really just don't see any reason how you can stop people simply killing one another even as it stands currently. Some people just want more kills, others just don't want to take the chance of getting tricked and shot in the back (or worse a hatchet!) and kill anyone they don't know.

It's a pretty realistic representation of how the apocalypse will look like and I love it.

So if DayZ becomes a reality, stay the hell out of my barn!

Edited by grylsyjaeger

the only deterant to player killing that i can think of will also be an incentive for some people. and has already been implemented and taken away. the bandit skin. now when ur in game and u see someone running around with an M-4 or AK or something of that fully automatic nature, you have to think. did they get that from a deer stand, helo crash etc.? or did they shoot someone in the back for it? yes it adds to the game of not knowing who you can and cant trust. but lets think about this for a second. if you are a post apocolyptic bandit, and you kill to scavange/survive/ for pleasure. arent you going to look a little different than the "normal" people? they psychological effect would be greater for bandits as well. lets say u happen to come across a bandit that doesnt shoot, he just robs you at gunpoint and leaves you stranded with nothing. ( rare i know, but thats how i operate) wouldnt you be much more likely to comply if the player were dressed in something to represent his/her in game status? of course those with something significant to loose would definatly try for the kill. but their heart would be racing garenteed. i dunno i just like the bandit skins. was it just me?

No music please. I believe in the humanity system. It will be great when it returns i think.

2 questions: Are we allowed to:

Enter teamspeakservers and team up with players to kill them from behind ?

And to say friendly to take that guy down with my hatchet from behind?