dacaveboy@hotmail.com

Warden/peace keeper/ Militia idea

Raven your in luck! My group has been particularly Active on the ANZ servers. All kiwis and Aussies here.

After gauging the about of interest Ive decided that we will form our own group that will cooperate with other similar groups like overwatch. So far most of our members are from Aus and NZ so will operate primarily on the ANZ servers. I will figure out a name and post a separate recruitment thread for the particular group soon.

But this thread shall live on! I want all people already in such groups or looking for such groups to use this thread as a hub to link up across all servers, so we may better combat the bandit threat. See you in the field.

I too am interested in becoming a bandit hunter and peace keeper

About me:

-Located in the US

I have played nearly a hundred hours so far and I have become very experienced in that time. I have driven cars, flown helicopters and navigated ships. I have used many of the late game weapons and items and I have visited every village on the map. I have accomplished these things by grouping up with several parties however I believe my expertise would be best suited to ridding Chernarus of low life bandit scum.

I do not play on one particular server but that can change. If any peace keeper clans are interested in being efficient, organized, and effective. And like what I have to offer. Please let me know.

I too am interested in becoming a bandit hunter and peace keeper

About me:

-Located in the US

I have played nearly a hundred hours so far and I have become very experienced in that time. I have driven cars' date=' flown helicopters and navigated ships. I have used many of the late game weapons and items and I have visited every village on the map. I have accomplished these things by grouping up with several parties however I believe my expertise would be best suited to ridding Chernarus of low life bandit scum.

I do not play on one particular server but that can change. If any peace keeper clans are interested in being efficient, organized, and effective. And like what I have to offer. Please let me know.

[/quote']

Hey Toran Silver,

The description of the clan you want to be in matches ours and we're interested in players like you. We're also US based and have a Teamspeak. If you or anyone else is interested, add me (same name) on steam.

SMGH

yeah man' date=' do it. Have Spoken to Someonemustgethurt, and his team are on the money. Will be working closely with them for sure.

[/quote']

Most definitely, as of now, Overwatch is patrolling certain US servers while Boganova's is overseeing operations in the Australia/New Zealand/Pacific range. If you wish to join either of us, feel free to add us on steam by our names.

SMGH

Hey SomeoneMustGetHurt, I added you on steam. I'm milanored804 on steam but go by EzE in Dayz. Hopefully we get to team up soon

Overwatch also has a few EU players like myself which can always patrol on EU/FR/DE servers

Hey SomeoneMustGetHurt' date=' I added you on steam. I'm milanored804 on steam but go by EzE in Dayz. Hopefully we get to team up soon

[/quote']

@ EzE,

Sorry, for some reason, I didn't receive a friend request. Also tried searching you up, but nothing showed.

@ DeadAimHeadshot

Given that you're located in eastern USA, you'll probably want to join Overwatch (US based). Boganova's group is based in New Zealand/Australia and could take in west coast Americans but east coast players would probably lag more with 150+ ping.

SMGH

Yes, OVW is a great group to play with. Only joined them today but we already killed 5 bandits with our small group that we have, and got a good amount of supplies and weaponary. If more join we could potentially Start getting vehicles/helicopters and run rescue missions for survivors in need of help and hunt down bandits.

I would be happy to join you guys in Overgrowth SomeoneMustGetHurt. Been playign the game for a few days, but really want friends to play with! Much more enjoyable.

Steam ID: Mathias Söffker! Will send you an Friend request

The North Chernarus Militia -NCM- has been formed. We will be operating on Oceania servers and cooperating closely with other Anti Bandit clans and groups.

If you are interested in joining add me on steam and refer to our recruitment post at this link http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1860

If you are the head of a like minded group in day z please add me on steam and communicate with me. We can share resources to have a greater impact on the game as a whole.

I am having a Forum server set up very soon. Am open to the idea of setting up sub forums for other similar minded clans. I will be hosting Blacklists and Whitelists of players etc.

Lets pool resources and make this happen!

To all the people who are interested in joining Overwatch, I am a representative of the group. As of now, you can also add me on steam too (name in steam is the same on here). SomeoneMustGetHurt is currently extremely busy this week, and cannot handle all the requests he is getting. If you are not getting a response from SMGH, try contacting me, as am less busy than him this week and will try my best to reply to any requests/questions in his stead. Make sure to join the steam group too.

Today... I had the unfortunate responsibility in engaging a survivor who fatally wounded and killed on of my community mates. The man, just ran up to the guy who looked like a bandit, and popped him in the head repeatedly. There was no warning and no reasoning with him... the odd thing is that he ignored all of us survivors to do this deed... in front of us...

We had no choice... we didn't want our guy to die...

Then later I had seen the worst happen; two people proning through a field avoiding zombies, on a survivor the other a a bandit. Then CRACK CRACK CRACK just a ton of vigilante fire aimed right at the bandit killing him nearly immediately. The gun fire eventually went at the survivor as well when he returned fire to avenge what looked to be his friend... though he got away... his time with that friend was rudely interrupted.

If you want to exact justice and preserve the goodness of people in the cities... I only ask that you guys take every situation separately. I hate PKers with a passion, and I sympathize with your goals... especially with people like 'The Killing Joke' around (complete control freaks)... just I don't want to have to kill a vigilante that thinks he's doing well when he's engaging my pal who is actually a very nice guy... most of the time.

Overwatch has been an amazing group so far, things are about to get alot more organized as well. You can also add me on steam Oreonipples and I will do my best to help get people setup to join.

Seemed appropriate. I've discussed such sheriff-type groups with my fellow players, but I fear what could happen if such a group became too large. Practically, there's enough servers that I think everyone can play the game the way they'd like, but on principle who are you to tell the rest of us how we should behave? I like the anarchistic nature of the game world and your law and order, while interesting and perhaps even something I'd like to be a part of, makes me want to rebel if only for rebellion's sake. Like Ytman's post above, who decides what's savage and what's salvation? Do you folks have any rules of engagement? Follow the Geneva Convention? Or are you just a growing group of zealots high on rhetoric?

Anyway, I was thinking that it would be nice to have a group with a stockpile of weapons and supplies (my friends and I haven't made it that far yet), and patrols operating out of a base could leave with enough space in their packs to carry dead men's gear until they returned. There's a hell of an incentive to both participate and hold to the groups rules. We'll save your shit for you!

@theboneranger As of now, the watchmen are in good remote locations and have not been found by bandits yet. Most bandits don't usually go randomly to remote locations to find players. We plan to have overlapping lines of sight in certain places when we have enough manpower. @your point about what right we have to be policing others: We respect your interest in anarchy, and you can rebel if you would like. But if we see someone firing upon another or at us, we will fire back, just because we still have a thing called humanity. We aim to help others, due to the huge menace of bandits in the game, and our overall goal is just to survive. The bandit may say the same thing, but you can perfectly survive without killing others for their gear (not mentioning the bandits who just kill for fun). And yes, we do have rules of engagement which usually is: Fire upon those who may be a threat to us. I know you have been killed by bandits too, and that feeling is exactly why we hunt bandits. Usually unnecessary firefights can just be avoided with a simple "I am friendly". We have actually met many friendly bandits who have just made their presence known in the town we were looting. We didn't fire upon them and they did the same for us. Your stockpile idea is something we are working on too, except bases are near impossible at the moment due to the amount of servers, and the fact that it is extremely hard to lock down a "base" area unless you have 20 people on at the same time every second of the day.

@ytman We never fire upon someone unless we ask first, and we usually ask for a while. Unless one is not smart enough to realize where he is or that someone is referring to him/her, we will not fire. A lot of the time, if you say your friendly and somehow prove this, we will likely not fire upon you, even if your a bandit. This group is for survival and helping survivors, and we do not go out of our way to kill bandits, but only kill bandits that may be an immediate threat to us (Which they usually are). We all sympathize with your ideas though, as this mod is the epitome of an extremely hostile environment. It is never fun to see a friend die. A lot of the deaths in this game are due to a lack of communication IMO. Heck, if you guys join us, we will protect each other.

Hello theboneranger, Overwatch clan leader here.

I see your point, but that leads to another thing: who gives bandits the right to do what they do? Imagine, if there are bandits, there must be something on the opposite side of the spectrum to bring balance. Furthermore, there is no law we are trying to force on any server, we just trying to give a reasonable measure of safety to those who need it. Most importantly, however, we provide a stable, trustworthy group for those who want to join us. :)

I found that most bandits are not inherently evil... they are just afraid and full of resentfulness after being backstabbed and killed by "friendlies" time and time again. Too often now I've seen first hand someone giving up on trusting strangers and turn towards banditry. We, the Overwatch, and similar clans aim to provide an alternative to becoming bandits before it's too late. We even converted a couple former bandits to our cause and now they are survivor skinned with 2000+ humanity.

Like Pro_Nub said above, we do indeed have fire discipline. No one fires until the person is confirmed as a dangerous entity or does not respond to our block of warning text. We, of course, are not perfect and sometimes (very rarely, if at all so far) may kill an innocent, though I have not had any confirmed reports of this thus far besides from people who were killed by survivors claiming they are part of OVW.

We do have a "base" or a place we are generally concentrated in and conduct patrols from that area. I cannot reveal the area though due to the bandit activity on these forums ;)

If anyone wishes to join Overwatch, message me (same name), Professional_Nub or Oreo (above) and we'll direct you through the entry process. I may be a bit busy this week though so it's best you contact the others, though if you can't add them, I'l be available.

Always,

SMGH

Glad to see others out there with some Humanity! If I ever notice any of your names in server I'll be sure to help if I can :)