beel

Can't connect to servers after stepping inside a graphics glitch.

http://cloud-2.steam...9E575CF57B0C17/

I stepped into one of those graphics glitch towers in that screenshot, and I fell through the ground or something. My screen went white except for my GUI, my GPS said I was at 000 000, and my waypoint marker said I was -1 meters from my mark.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting, tried different servers, but I always get stuck on "loading." I even tried leaving it alone for 15-20 minutes, but nothing happens, and I have to alt-tab/force quit Arma.

I don't care if I have to start my character over, I just want to be able to get back into the game.

This issue happened in 1.7.2.4 / Update 1.62 (I don't know the beta number, I was just told it was a "1.62 update") but now I'm on 1.7.2.5/Beta 95883, and still can't connect.

DayZ Server Maintenance

Hey folks!

The DayZ server is currently having issues and you may have trouble playing the game or viewing the website, we are working hard to fix this and return service back to normal.

Follow @dayzdevteam on Twitter to keep up to date!

We are very sorry and thank you.

http://dayzmod.com/

Update! (7 hours later)

I can connect to non-hive servers (DayZ Sanctuary) just fine, but hive servers still get stuck for me. Now, however. they get stuck on "setup completed, please wait"

I was able to hit respawn from that screen, though, so that old character is dead, but I still can't get in. Haven't even seen a gender selection screen.

If you resolve this please let me know how, I'll do the same for you.

Update! I was able to connect to a server (US 366 Chicago), and I had all my loot, but I was in debug plains, and my screen kept flashing black saying I had the wrong DayZ version. I have 1.7.2.5, the server said 1.7.2.5, but is apparently actually running 1.7.2.4. Attempting to connect to a different server still gets me stuck on "Setup completed, please wait."

That's all I have for now... I will post again if I ever come across a solution, Nibl.

• Like 1

I find that if I wait long enough on the "Setup completed, please wait.", I also spawn into the debug plains. My character also refuses to save and I have the loot I did before I started getting the error.

I'm still constantly looking for a fix, although I feel like it might be up to the developers.

Hang in there man, it's worth it.

-Nibl

Edited by Nibl
  • Like 1

I might just go back to playing non-hive servers, because this is getting ridiculous. I'd feel a lot better if a developer or someone knowledgeable posted in here saying they were at least looking into it, and actually looking into my individual case instead of that canned response saying they were "looking into it."

If a developer or whoever ever shows up in this thread, here's all the extra info I've managed to gather.

I get stuck on "Setup Completed, please wait," but if I wait long enough (15-20 minutes), I can get in. I can't hear any sound. No footsteps, heavy breathing, eating/drinking, not gunshots. My visibility and audibility meters are always at 0, no matter what I do.

My debug monitor doesn't show up, and my hunger/thirst meters never drop. I was ~20km NW of 000 000 on the GPS, and I ran about 15 km before I got bored, and my food/thirst meters stayed vibrant green the whole time.

My respawn button was active, even though I didn't have a broken leg or anything. Hitting respawn kills me. It says, "Bill has died," my body falls, but I don't see the "You have died" screen. I just get teleported back about 20 km NW of 000 000. Out in debug plains. All my loot is gone, but I'm still wearing a ghillie suit.

If I log out and back in, the whole process repeats.

I would gladly die and lose all my gear if I could just PLAY THE MOD LIKE NORMAL AGAIN.

I know it's just a mod, I know it's in alpha, but this is what it's all about. I found a bug/issue and someone is supposed to be looking into it and fixing it.

I know I'm starting to sound angry and impatient, but it's been more than 3 days and I haven't heard a word except from Nibl.

Hey buddy. I promised I'd post if I found something and here I am. This guy found a way to 'reset' a character. Basically, before a certain patch ghillie suits 'reset' your character. He fixed his problem using this, however, this technique requires 1.7.2.4, and as far as I know, we were unable to load into any game to perform this pre 1.7.2.5. Regardless, here it is, now I have to find my way past the final loading screen and find someone sweet enough to deliver me a ghillie so I can try this out. Will report back later.

I found a fix, after a lot of googling and patient friends helped me out. The fix requires the following

1 - Downgrade to Arma 2 Version 95417

2 - Downgrade to DayZ Version 1.7.2.4

3 - Load into a game - I fixed my issue on US 1049

4 - Wait a long time to spawn into debug land

5 - Run east until you're in Chernarus

6 - Meet up with a friend that has a spare Ghillie Suit

7 - Put on the Ghillie Suit - a quick "Setup Completed" message will appear on your screen and you will also now have sound

8 - Run around for at least 5 minutes and have your friend or zombies kill you

9 - Reconnect to the same server, you should now be able to spawn a new character

10 - If your issue wasn't resolved, try again

Note: When meeting up with your friend, you will be invisible.

his name is Nand and he posted this here: http://dayzmod.com/f...ed-please-wait/

Edited by Nibl
  • Like 1

That all sounds like it's going to work, but you might be right, I may be unable to connect to 1.7.2.4...

I've been stuck on that last loading screen for a while now. It was somewhat reassuring, though, because I saw lots of those other loading screens. Loading, receiving, something about character data... and then that last screen that just says "loading" and doesn't have a bar... It's been on there for about 20 minutes now, and I'm anxious to see if you ever made it past that loading screen. I just alt-tabbed out to do stuff while it loads, it's mind-numbingly boring to watch that screen.

It is going to be fun trying to get one of my friends to downgrade, find civvy clothes AND a ghillie suit and bring it to me.

Edit: I opened my task manager, and it's a bit disconcerting to see my network monitor is showing very, very minimal activity... less than 0.5% network activity, and I'm betting that's just from being on this page...

Edit 2: Tried letting it load for an hour... Gonna restart my computer, verify integrity of game cache, double check all mods/versions are right, and try again...

Edited by beel

I was also unable to get past loading to attempt this.

I'm going to submit a support ticket and see where that gets me. I'll let you know what happens.

You won't get a response that is of any use, I never even got a response. I sent mine 14/08/2012 20:31

Edited by Nibl

Did you check your spam filter? All my emails from this site were caught by my spam filter. No responses from a dev or anything, but the automated messages were in there, at least.

Did you check your spam filter? All my emails from this site were caught by my spam filter. No responses from a dev or anything, but the automated messages were in there, at least.

Yep completely ignored

Beel get ahold of "stoney300" on Skype, he's a friendly scripter who can help you out, he fixed my game.