NocturnalS1n

1.7.2.5 Tents and Vehicle Inventories not saving.

what confused him was that the post he quoted said: The more popular your server is, the faster you will experience this. Which obviously is incorrect, if the theory is correct.

i understand the theory, but i have my doubts about it.

the issues we experience here are consistent, if this was a numeric overflow issue i believe it would appear more random.

i have done a week of testing. tents always just save once, second time they send a blank call to the hive.

bikes always turn into motorcycles, ural always get turned into a buss. ATV's always survive 2 restarts, but disappear the third and so on.

if we had the numeric overflow issue you could maybe save your beans in a tent 2 times, then maybe fail the third but succeed again the forth time when the database numbers got curved.

• Like 1

i dont get why theres no official word on this :S

Money is in the bank. It is obvious all attention has turned to stand alone. They are crazy if they think we are going to wallow around waiting for that.

• Like 1

Exactly the same with our server, however, when saving certain vehicles, they turn into something else. For example, the Ural always turns into a bus, and the bicycle turns into a motorcycle. We have a Host Altitude server.

So it sounds to me like maybe it is related to the hosts, possibly. With regards to tents, we set up camp on 1.7.2.4 - everything we had in the tents during that patch is saved everyday. The same items reappear after server restart. However since we upgraded to 1.7.2.5, we cannot save any additional items placed in those tents.

I have a different server host but same problem with vehicles. They transform or go back to their spawn completely broken, however every tent I have placed "saves" what I put in it.

Fixing vehicles has become pointless lol. Unless of course you don't ever restart your server, but I wouldn't count on that working out long..

Edited by Kuramashi

for the last three days, every single attempt to make a camp with vehicles have failed for me. Every time a server goes down all vehicles are reset. This never happened before the god damn patch.

I have also tried rolling back and so on, still wont save neither tents or vehicles.

Some word from the Dev team about this would be nice....

Did you downgrade the hive files as well? Or just the dayz files?

I downgraded both the hive files and dayz files as they used to be on 1.7.2.4 and I have 0% problems of vehicles not getting saved etc.

What I don't understand though is why the number of 1.7.2.5 servers are increasing every day when the patch is such a fail. 1.7.2.4 should be the increasing one and 1.7.2.5 decreasing. Doesn't people notice all the new problems or what?

Edited by Kraegan

Did you downgrade the hive files as well? Or just the dayz files?

I downgraded both the hive files and dayz files as they used to be on 1.7.2.4 and I have 0% problems of vehicles not getting saved etc.

What I don't understand though is why the number of 1.7.2.5 servers are increasing every day when the patch is such a fail. 1.7.2.4 should be the increasing one and 1.7.2.5 decreasing. Doesn't people notice all the new problems or what?

What I don't understand is why servers roll back, when the whole point of this alpha stage is to give feebback, bug report and stress test patches/updates. How can they keep changes that work and fix problems that don't when people don't play the patch and assist in the development, instead of worrying about stupid tents

What I don't understand is why servers roll back, when the whole point of this alpha stage is to give feebback, bug report and stress test patches/updates. How can they keep changes that work and fix problems that don't when people don't play the patch and assist in the development, instead of worrying about stupid tents

Cause it's either rolling back, or playing with tents and vehicles (If you're lucky enough to have any on your server)? The only thing that really bugs me here is the lack of answer from any dayZ staff. This is a severe problem that affects many servers and drives people either away to take a break till it's fixed or not play anymore at all.

Cause here's the truth: Vehicles, camps are pretty much as "End game" as it gets right now and removing that pretty much rips the soul out of the game.

So what you wanna do? Keep using the broken patch for the sake of "Testing" or rollback and have your cars back? Cause there isn't anything to say that hasn't been said yet, it's a HIVE issue that apparently affects instances higher than a certain number.

As long there isn't a statement of some sort that the dev team is aware of the issue, I see no other way than to NOT use the patch.

• Like 2

We've given them feedback already and they know about the issues. But waiting for several weeks for a minor hotfix doesn't cut it. 1.7.2.5 is totally unplayable and 1.7.2.4 is working "okay". So why should we keep 1.7.2.5 and stop playing while waiting for the next patch when we can just rollback and keep having fun while waiting? Worrying about stupid tent? My group fully repaired a helicopter 4 times and several other vehicles as well. And every server restart they keeps going back to their spawning position in a broken state. We wasted too many hours fixing those vehicles and it's all for nothing. 1.7.2.5 is messed up. The tents resets them selves in 1.7.2.4 too. Annoying yes but not a big deal. Vehicles not saving their positions however is a BIG deal.

When we went back to 1.7.2.4 everything was perfectly fine regarding the vehicles. The graphics glitches are just as bad in .5 as in .4. The whole forum is already flooded with bug reports so you don't really make any sense. But if you want to keep playing on a buggy version then by all means do so. Even though it doesn't make any sense. <_<

Edited by Kraegan

I don't know about vehicles, but tents on the new patch are saving items just fine. I just tested it with a brand new tent.

1. Pitch tent.

2. Place item(s) in tent.

3. Save tent one time.

4. Don't take or add item(s) until after server reboot. (In fact leave the tent alone until after step 5.)

5. Scheduled server reboot.

6. Check tent ... voila, items saved.

And remember, tents are not only tied to the main hive and the server they're pitched on, but to the particular body that set up the tent. Only that person can save and/or remove the tent. Once that body dies and you've respawned you've lost all control over that tent. The tent (and all gear inside) continually respawn after every reboot. The only way for a tent to disappear is if no one adds or removes an item for a full week.

I'm running the most updated versions, both server and client, with zero tent saving issues. I'll try it on vehicles tonight and see what happens, but after everything I've read about vehicle glitches I don't have a clue how that will work out.

I don't know about vehicles, but tents on the new patch are saving items just fine. I just tested it with a brand new tent.

1. Pitch tent.

3. Save tent one time.

4. Don't take or add item(s) until after server reboot. (In fact leave the tent alone until after step 5.)

And remember, tents are not only tied to the main hive and the server they're pitched on, but to the particular body that set up the tent. Only that person can save and/or remove the tent. Once that body dies and you've respawned you've lost all control over that tent. The tent (and all gear inside) continually respawn after every reboot. The only way for a tent to disappear is if no one adds or removes an item for a full week.

I'm running the most updated versions, both server and client, with zero tent saving issues. I'll try it on vehicles tonight and see what happens, but after everything I've read about vehicle glitches I don't have a clue how that will work out.

1. Pitch tent.

3. Save tent one time.

can you save multiple times in the same tent?, can you pitch down a tent and place it elsewhere whit out it reappearing on the old spot after restart?

if not then your tents are broken. we have already verified that tents can save, but they do it only once.

also have you actually waited a week after dying to see if your tents vanished? i did and my tents did not.

Edited by kaindebuddy

Tents only save their contents from the first Hive write.

The current Hive is borked. They are moving it from Host Attitude to Vilayer someday soon and fixing the issues with it. (This was announced by Vilayer, dunno if it's a PR thing or if it's actually true).

Anyway, if you setup a tent, pack it with gear then save it all within a couple of minutes (hopefully before a hive write) the contents will save fine.

Is it possible to play on 1.7.2.4 servers without downgrade game version?

Edited by 6am6p

nope, but with using dayzcommander it's very easy, it has an inbuild switch option. it just downloads the patches as .rar files and places them in the game directory, so there ready to be unpacked by the next time you switch from one version to another. it works fine, one of our server's also 1724, so I ve used it more than once now.. :)

Edited by aenima
  • Like 2

I can confirm. Me and a friend was playing on LU167. Gathered a lot of stuff in a vehicle and when the server restarted, all reverted back to default loot.. 2d time this happens.

I can't believe no one has even remotely addressed this issue. After hours of work, tents, atv's, a truck, it is not there when we go back, seriously? I know, I know, I've read all the posts but that is a MAJOR issue and it is NOT new, it is ongoing so you must ask, WTF?

• Like 1

I only have this issue on 1.7.2.5 servers, Still getting teleported back to the beach on these servers as well..

Only fix at the moment is to play on 1.7.2.4 servers.

• Like 1

We've just got our server straight onto 1.7.2.5 and having the same issue of all tents we put up dont hold items past server restart, plus any vehicles we repair and move return to the pre repaired state and position at restart...we've now repaired the V3S three times and lost it.

Is there any way to roll our server back to 1.7.2.4 given the files we have were new with 1.7.2.5? I can see in the server admin panel (we're a managed server) the 1.7.2.4 patch files but I'm not sure it will connect to the hive properly since our files were post the update? Anyone know if this is going to break the server or not?

Vehicles are hit and miss from what I've seen. Note, these are from my experiences, so you may see different results.

Here's what I do with them:

Have one person repair a vehicle, load all gear in it, and then save it once. If I do that, I can usually keep a vehicle about 50% of the time after a server restart.

However, I've done the above (for example with a V3S last night), and then today after a restart it magically turned into a bike instead. We've had buses turn into bikes as well after a restart.

Honestly though, for now if you try and repair a vehicle there's a decent chance all of your work will be for naught and the vehicle will just get reset, so be prepared for a lot of wasted time.

If you steal a vehicle from someone, move it to the location and DON'T save it - if you do it seems to get reset on the next server restart. That means you can't modify items in it. Again, ymmw.

Eesh, what a disgrace that this wasn't fixed.

• Like 1

Its been 2 weeks with no saving correctly. It worked correctly before. If it isnt soon. Im dropping paying for my server And I suggest you guys do the same Dont reward these guys with your money if they cant do the simplest thing.

• Like 2