NocturnalS1n

1.7.2.5 Tents and Vehicle Inventories not saving.

Hi ShadowDuke,

I'm admin on NL13 and NL20 and i tested your new scipt, here's the results:

- Tents do not save after restart server

- Newly added tents do not save after restart server

- [FIXED] Vehicle inventory now being saved

- Vehicle replairment is not being saved

I'm hopeing you can solve the issues. Much appriciated!

Hmm, for me and my folks its working :|

Im programming private dayz servers and we fixed that with these changes. If you are interested in my work you can pm me.

When you rolled back, did it erase what was already in the tents/vehicles at 1.7.2.5? I would consider doing this until the next patch is released, but I don't want to wipe everyone's stuff...

I rolled back my server from 1.7.2.5 to 1.7.2.4 and it did save my tents fine. Vehicles no, but vehicles weren't saving anyways. The vehicles respawned at their designated spawn locations and have saved correctly ever since. I recommend that everyone just dump 1.7.2.5 for now as I don't see too many devs on the forum lately as they are at Gamescon and I'm sure a lot more attention is being put towards the standalone.

Edited by erocker

Has this been addressed by the devs yet? I know they are busy with Gamescon but wasn't sure if anything had been said about this.

Confirmed on DE1608. Although i can only confirm it for the tents as vehicles dont spawn at all on our 6 days old server. >:(

wait till around day number 8 :) greetings from DE 1619

we also have issues with saving of inventory and sometimes vehicle positions (1.7.2.5/95885)..

Edited by aenima

This is perhaps the worst bug I have encountered in this mod yet. Makes the game unplayable as all progress reverts back to the previous version. Why haven't the Devs commented on this? Or have they?

Downgraded to 1.7.2.4 / 95883 again, but the tents and vehicles still doesn't save. :(

Any suggestions?

Downgraded to 1.7.2.4 / 95883 again, but the tents and vehicles still doesn't save. :(

Any suggestions?

I spoke with Dwarden on IRC. He told me my problem probably is that my itemnumbers have too many digits. I asked him if it could be fixed and he told me to go to ANDER to let him take a look at it. Ander didn't responded to my PM.

whats about the changed dayz_server.pbo of 1.7.2.5 which is reported hereand the ready compiled pbo from here?

1) is that legal to use in terms of do not lose the hive access?

2) has someone already tried this successfully?

It is really painful with this saving and repair issues.

UPDATE: it does not work, the problem is probably also in the hiveext.dll

Edited by byteslam

I can confirm this also. Our server has been doing that as well as respawing tents that have been packed up and moved.

HFB Host

US 1428 The Survivalist

Beta 95948

On our server we have this weird bug when restart happens certain vehicles turn into other vehicles. For instance last night the Bus after restart turned into bike. This morning the Helicopter spawned. So some guys fix it up and at the normal scheduled restart the helicopter turned into a Red Tractor.

This is a newer server and I see there is a thread about vehicles not saving which I posted in there also because we have that problem too. This seems to be certain vehicles if fixed will just respawn into something else.

Anyone else experienced this?

I made a thread about it but I wanted to see if anyone in here experienced this along with vehicles not saving.

I rollback to 1.7.2.4 (95883) and tents/vehicles are saving correctly now (FR78 at Vilayer).

I have rolled back my server to 1.7.2.4 however I am still having the problems with dissapearing items in tents and vehicles resetting. Would not having the latest beta patch for Arma2 have anything to do with this (currently at 95215)?

Edit - Just more info: After updating to 1.7.2.5, everytime our server restarted everything would reset to as it was before the update, all vehicles would respawn and items in tents appear as they were pre patch. I then rolled back the server to 1.7.2.4 and it seemed to save again, once. Now we seem to have a different save that is reverted to everytime the server restarts (Different vehicle locations and tent items to what we had before the first update to 1.7.2.5).

I have also seen the bug on my server where random busses appear in the place of other vehicles.

This bug is hugely frustrating and game breaking as no-one can save anything on the server and is causing a lot of people to stop playing.

Does anyone know how to successfully revert my server to 1.7.2.4?

Edited by stickowe

Are there any servers 1.7.2.5 that are confirmed to actually be saving properly? I really don't understand how this bug hasn't at least been acknowledged. I'm not expecting quick fixes or anything, just address the issue.

Are there any servers 1.7.2.5 that are confirmed to actually be saving properly? I really don't understand how this bug hasn't at least been acknowledged. I'm not expecting quick fixes or anything, just address the issue.

Well I don't think so since it's code based problem and as you can see on comments at https://dev-heaven.net/issues/41502 that people trying to use modified server -file can't get it working :/

When I look console of my server when saving stuff it usually gives error "Error in expression yaddaydayda...."

From what I understand it has something to do with the server instance id being in the 8xxx range. I could be wrong, but speaking with some people I believe this is the case as its not happening on all servers

Well I don't think so since it's code based problem and as you can see on comments at https://dev-heaven.net/issues/41502 that people trying to use modified server -file can't get it working :/

When I look console of my server when saving stuff it usually gives error "Error in expression yaddaydayda...."

That modified *.pbo is for private hives, it has dependencies on other custom files. Rollback to 1.7.2.4 for working tents or just wait until the fix comes folks.

Edited by (OCN)Vortech

I am not a server owner, but back in 1.7.2.4 this happened to us on DE 376.

Each time the server restarted, all inventories of vehicles and tents were emptied.

From what I understand it has something to do with the server instance id being in the 8xxx range. I could be wrong, but speaking with some people I believe this is the case as its not happening on all servers

server instance Id is the 4 digit number on the mission.pbo? Mine starts with 47**

We just rolled back to 1.7.2.4/95417 and now everything saves fine again

Confirm that we've got similar reports on our servers as well.

Yup, same problem on our server. Getting pretty frustrating, we've repaired the helicopter now 5 times after restarting. We have to wait multiple days between restarts now to prepare to re-gather all the parts. Can't even stock up on heli parts because the tents won't save them. Anyone find a fix for this yet or is it hive related?

Solution: Rollback to 1.7.2.4. Problem solved.

1.7.2.5 doesn't introduce anything new, it doesn't fix anything at all. So I don't even get why people would want to use it. Just rollback and it's fine again.

Edited by Kraegan