Zombie Gladiator

2 computers, 2 accounts, shares 1 character?

So I used steam to install this game. I had my account and was playing through DayZ. Then my friend noticed it and wanted to play so we logged on to my steam account on his computer, installed everything, and ran DayZ after logging in to his account. For some reason, it is using my character on his game though. How do I fix this, and if I hit respawn on his computer will it wipe it on my computer as well?

you installed dayz from YOUR account which has YOUR CD key. capiche?

The cause of your problem is caused by clashing IPs on your local area network. In order to fix this, you'll need to go to a different network (your friend's home network) and play at a mutually agreed time.

The Bandits has striked again.

"God damn Bandits, stole my M16"

"Umad bro?"

• Like 1

more info please, I'm having a similar problem,

• Like 1

okay so the comp you want your char on we will call that Comp 1

So for Comp 2 Run steam in admin mode and log in with the steam account you want the new char on.

This should fix it.

more info please, I'm having a similar problem,

You can have my beans just because your south aussie

You know, if you actually owned two copies of the game, then the two of you could play it properly. It's really basic math.

1 purchase = 1 copy of the game

2 purchases = 2 copies of the game

Your local school of pirating might have educated you that 1 purchase = N copies, but you know what... It really does not always work like that.

The cause of your problem is caused by clashing IPs on your local area network. In order to fix this, you'll need to go to a different network (your friend's home network) and play at a mutually agreed time.

Oh well... so we can't play together... The weird thing is, we're on a different network than my computer...

I fixed mine, you may want to get your mate to buy his own copy, unistall your one off HIS PC and install his copy , when you run arma 2 and AO, as do when you go to install Dayz that should put the new cd key in the registery. we owned two coppies of Arma 2 and AO and it was our cd keys That got messed up, I got told to log in to my steam account on my pc and then run Arma 2 and AO to the main menu, then go to the other pc log in to steam on the other account and run Arma 2 and Ao and this reset the cd keys and we now have seperate characters