Oddball_E8

Did i just have a heartattack? (died for no apparant reason)

The other day I was solo looting the NW airfield when I hear movement outside the barracks I was currently occupying. I proned in the hallway (under the windows and out of sight) waiting for him to open the door so I could turn him into swiss cheese.

After a few moments of hearing him run around outside, I keel over dead with -40k blood.

No gunshot, no explosion...

I have a feeling a hacker used /slay on me :S

Same thing for me, i was in the middle of nowhere (far in the north). Do a little Atl+ Tab to see my position, come back annnnnnnd YOU ARE DEAD. Lost my wonderful .45 with 8 mag ;-;

I was in one of the Atlanta servers... can't recall which one, and every player died there as well. All at once, everyone dropped dead.

I was on day 4, pretty pissed about that :(.

Happend to me too, thought it was lag though (i mean, someone shooting me while server was desync and i didnt see them near me yet...).

Dunno. Funny thing is i didnt lose any blood lol

I'm to the point of not wanting to play until this is fixed... what's the point of trying your best to survive from all the many dangers in DayZ if the game itself will kill you for no reason.

I'm on day 10 and 20 respectively for my two characters. The things I've seen and done. The near death experiences that made it all worth while...

Its possible somebody spawned next to you.

T'other day i spawned next to somebody in a shop (In polana as it happens) and immediately took a shot at them. They just dropped and started asking what happened. I kept quiet as i took their Czech pack and gear.

OP: Checking the date it could even have been you. Guy i shot left a flare in the shop, which is what alerted me. When i saw the player crouched and looking roughly in my direction i fired in a panic.

happened to me 3 times yesterday. i just dropped dead. not bleeding, not sick, 12000 blood. everything in perfect order.

but i believe it may have to do with the lag on the server. when u try to pick something up from the ground, it would take 15 seconds before if actually went in ur inventory. so maybe someone shot me and killed me, then i ran around because of lag on my screen. when the lag corrected itself, i just dropped dead.

Happened to two of us whilst walking through Cherno in the middle of the night at the same time. We were maybe 2m apart and both just dropped dead with first broken bones and then insta-loss of blood at exact same time. No shots or explosions or anything. Just a random bug I think.

My whole server was dying in sync last night. Must be a hack of some kind

No, this is most certainly an issue with the server or hackers. I guess I'm incredibly unlucky because of the 6 characters I have had, they have been insta killed 3 times.

Two of those times has been a mass heart attack where the entire server dies for apparently no reason.

One time I just dropped to -14k blood while prone next to a fence. I know it wasn't a player because I had useful equipment which I luckily spawned near and recovered on my 6th and current character.

I also have decided not to play until 1.7.1 comes out, maybe that will fix some of these issues. The server that keeps track of character deaths should easily be able to tell when an entire serve is wiped and reverse the deaths. I can understand that bugs happen and single players die, but when someone is able to script an entire server to wipe all players I am amazed that there is no protections in place.

Its possible somebody spawned next to you.

T'other day i spawned next to somebody in a shop (In polana as it happens) and immediately took a shot at them. They just dropped and started asking what happened. I kept quiet as i took their Czech pack and gear.

OP: Checking the date it could even have been you. Guy i shot left a flare in the shop' date=' which is what alerted me. When i saw the player crouched and looking roughly in my direction i fired in a panic.

[/quote']

No thats not it... when i died i slumped over and the camera looked in the only direction anyone could have shot me from without me seeing them first and there was nothing there.

Also, no sound, no damage flash, no nothing... just "hourglass", slump over, you are dead...

I instantly died while standing next to a tree with my friend no less than 15 feet away looking at me. We thought it was just a silenced weapon and it wasn't. I just keeled over and that was that. No warning, no nothing. I think it's a terrain bug, where your body clips into something and it's like you're moving really fast into the item and thus you die instantly.

I had the same last night at the North-Western airport.

Me and my buddy went to the southern hangars, there was a wired fence at the front gate as soon i touched the gate i died, without blood a shot or any other sound, my buddy was able to retrieve all my equipment for me though

I just had it happen to me twice.

The first time, I saw a guy spawn in front of me. I killed him, ran into the store next to me and sat by the doorway killing zombies as they came in. Suddenly, I dropped dead. No shots fired, not even moving, just dead.

The second time was shortly after that, running through the airfield in Balota. I walked over a door, got knocked unconscious and just died.

Has anyone else spontaneously died while not moving? The second one, i can understand, due to terrain issues. The first one, however, made absolutely no sense. I didn't even get an hourglass. I just fell over and got the You Are Dead screen.

I believe if you have been shot in the head you won't hear the shot. You guys also need to remember that silenced weapons exist. I'm sure the players I've dropped with my bison didn't hear a thing :)

In fire station in cherno, suddenly drop dead... -23,000 blood and THEN little yellow desync thing appears when I'm dead. I was walking to stairs when I keep over dead, in shock and broken bones. WTF? There was no sound of gun fire! I have always been sniped etc and heard the noise, is it possible that someone stuck up on me and shot me point blank so I didn't have time to hear the sound?:@

I believe if you have been shot in the head you won't hear the shot. You guys also need to remember that silenced weapons exist. I'm sure the players I've dropped with my bison didn't hear a thing :)

I would normally consider this, but I stood near my buddy's corpse for a few minutes and didn't encounter anybody or get shot at.

If you go to 16:40 on this video http://www.twitch.tv/mindwarp/b/323263701 you can hear him saying he died then see me wander around his corpse and loot it for a few minutes.

Had somebody killed him, wouldn't they have come for his corpse and/or killed me as well?

just happed to my friend, died in a barracks with the sound of 1000 cracking bones when he collided with me.

same for a friend in polana,

we were looting the supermarket together then he suddenly insta died, there was no noise nor anything to see on how he died, i checked just everything to be sure there aint another player...

Well I died without any sound inside a building where noone could have seen me to.

Date/Time: ~22:45 (UTC+2)

What happened: Me + 5 friends searchin the Airfield for loot, crawling in a line to the upper high value military building, when all of a sudden ALL of us (6 players) crushed their bones. Two were instantly dead, the rest was shocked + broken legs + bleeding, dying ~15 seconds after.

The crushing bones took place at the exactly the same time for all of us.

Where you were: Upper left Airfield, Coordinates: (46,48)

What you were doing: crawling

*Current installed version: 1.7.2.3

*Server(s) you were on: US 449

I just died in a similar way, was running across the airstrip and just fell over dead. no gun shots, no rocks/fences/doors anywhere near me. still had 12k blood after death, no broken bones/concussion.