Sign in to follow this  
TheDesigner

It's not the game, it's you.

I've seen an overwhelming amount of threads about hacking, being killed by bandits, PvP free servers, punishing PvP, and a lot of really ridiculous things. So, in this thread, I will give my two cents for each thing, telling you why you should stop whining, blow your nose, and get on with the game.

HACKING

First off, these are not hackers. If you use CheatEngine, you are not a hacker. If you buy a program with pre-made scripts, you are not a hacker. You people don't understand that you are letting a bunch of socially awkward people get to you. If you get killed by a hacker, treat it the same as getting killed by a bug. Just pretend that Script Kiddy who just teleported you into a field and mowed you down was a vicious door, out to eat your legs. Don't let them get to you, it's what they thrive on. I see atleast +50 new threads a day about hacking. It's being dealt with. Don't think that the DayZ dev team is just sitting around playing duck-duck-goose. If there was an easy fix, I'm certain they would of done it. I know losing all your hard earned gear is really annoying, especially to these Scripters, but you were going to die sometime, it is inevitable.

KILLED BY BANDITS

What really russles my jimmies is when I see someone say, "Oh, I got killed by some bandits, I was friendly, but now I'm joining the Bandits". This is the biggest bullshit I've ever seen. Recently, I lost NVGs, GPS, RF'ers, M4 CCO SD, and all my gear to some guy that I had just helped kill zombies with. You know what I did? Went right back to finding friendly people. I ended up with a group of 4, in Cherno, killing zombies. It's not impossible, you just can't quit.

People keep saying this game is a giant Deathmatch and that it's changed. This couldn't be more wrong. The game hasn't changed, you have. Everyone's mentality is "Oh, he's just going to shoot me when I go to him, I should just kill him now". Change your mentality when playing, it does wonders. You can't go around with that mentality, ofcourse you won't find any friendlies. Not everyone is out to kill you, stop being paranoid schizophrenics and try to talk to people sometime. Double-tapping alt lowers your weapon, while leaving you vulnerable, it gives some comfort to the guy you are approaching. Change your mentality.

NO PVP

Now this is partly paired with the above issue, people hate bandits and just want to kill zombies. One thing you have to think of is how boring the game would get after you got everything. You've got a vehicle, you've got all the good gear....now what? Kill towns of zombies for now apparent reason? While that might, for some odd reason, sound fun to some people, that is a waste in HIVE space. I can't believe I should even have to address that.

PUNISHING PVP

I've seen a lot of suggestions about making bandits have some kind of disadvantage, which is pretty stupid. I even think the new head rag on the bandits in 1.7.2.5 is rediculous. Unless you have an overwhelming amount of murders (+6 or so) you shouldn't really be considered a bandit. What is happening is you are taking away that extra adrenaline rush when approaching someone, you don't know if they are friendly or not. Now with this, you see someone and you automatically know wether or not they are a bandit. The people who do have the head rags are now forced into being a bandit, wether they want to or not. I have yet to see how this works, since its only be live for a couple of hours, but I don't think it will do anything but make PvP'ing worse.

RIDICULOUS THINGS: DESIGNER'S LIST

1) Friendly towns/safe havens: No place is safe in DayZ, that's a major part of the game.

2) No-PvP servers: I've already talked about this, completely ridiculous.

3) Remove sniper rifles: No, just no. If you are tired of getting sniped in Cherno, stop going to Cherno.

4) Remove NVGs/Thermal scopes: Complete and utter bullshit, makes night more dangerous and scary.

5) I could go on all day, but I'll end it here.

I thought this post out and yes, I put some though and time into. I know it might recieve some negative views, but I could care less. This is here to show that DayZ is a good mod, especially for being in Alpha.

Summary - Stop whining, it's not the game, it's you.

Edited by TheDesigner
  • Like 10

Truth, ty for pointing that out for someone who may not have seen the light on this yet...well said sir.

:beans: BeanzBeansBeanz :beans: Well theres two positive replies for you to start off with.

:beans:

I have plenty of other things to talk about, but I left them out to keep this thread at a medium size.

Well, your only wrong about the part of "hackers being dealt with"

Because, thats to assume BE is working...and you see the problem? Yeah. Rests good though.

OP has grate points!

I approve of his logical stylings.

*I know it is great. Relax.

If the hackers spawn you somewhere out of map.

Easy fix. Just DC quickly and you will get spawned on the coast with your gear.

If in the map, just DC and you have to run back. Big deal!

Everything else is self explanatory and shouldn't even be addressed.

LoL @ safe zones.

I'll just sit outside and make your game experience really fun, when you can't even leave bartertown.

GL with that!

Stop shitting on BE it's not really fair. ArmA 2 didn't need a good anti-cheat program, since not too many people played it. With this big influx of players and BE pretty weak anti-cheat program, of course scripters are going to go wild with scripts. Give them time, I'm sure they'll pick up.