Tyler_Sharp

Is it luck? or is it not that common?

I have seen lots of rants about hackers saying it happens all the timebut i have never seen a hack or been hacked on a server. Also, i hear people saying they get killed alot but the only person i ever saw was on the NW airstrip and i just watched him even thought i had my AS50 zeroed and aimed (just incase). Im not new and i have player for a long time. Am i lucky or is it not that common and it just seems like its alot?

lol you should consider your self very lucky then. 96% of the people who play dayz are hackers or have been hacked.

Depends, it happens a lot more on high population servers than on medium or low pop servers.

Sure though, if you don't see script addicts making you their plaything consider yourself lucky.

I've only seen one hacker fly overhead in a jet in 200 hours of play (since start of june), and that was about a week after I started. Guess we're just lucky.

It depends on your "play style".

It took me a month to see a hacker, but I'm pretty sure I saw one now.

If you want to have more PvP, camp certain high traffic areas. Cherno, Electro, Balota Airfield, NW Airield, etc.

I personally spend as little time as possible in those areas to avoid all the player killing.

Currently Day 7.....

Today after 13 days of survive, 748 zombies, 270 headshots, 14 kills.. i was killed in a really hidden area of the map, really low traffic/none... when i was going with my bike to take a gas can for my ATV, there was like 12 ppl on the server.... and the guys who killed me had a quad, 1 guy with ghilie and 2 without camo, five minutes later i was at cherno and them too when i was killed at 5/6 kms far away.... so or admin or hackers.... it sux.

I've been thunderdomed once, other than that, haven't had anything hack related happen to me. I guess I've been lucky too.

I tend to stick to low pop servers, but even I've seen a server wipe (all 6 of us).

Only once for sure here (and maybe a second time im not sure of). The obvious one was just teleporting everyone to a castle and shooting us from ambush.

The one I'm not sure about was in the middle of the night, in pouring rain. I was in a bush between two trees and looking at my map when i heard a vehicle. I closed my map and saw the guy 700+m away in a UAZ moving to my left, he then stopped and made a beeline right to me. Luckily i didnt have much on me either time.