You must be very, very new here.

and your point? answer his friggin question. this is a forum for a reason. i hate the internet...

and your point? answer his friggin question. this is a forum for a reason. i hate the internet...

um why didn't you just answer the question?

If killing bandits raises humanity, what happens to all the bandits who have no issue with shooting other bandits? Will the be stuck in some sort of karmatic grey-zone?

If killing bandits raises humanity, what happens to all the bandits who have no issue with shooting other bandits? Will the be stuck in some sort of karmatic grey-zone?

They get stuck in an endless vacuum with no gravitational pull. Kill bandit will negate their killing a survivor. Maybe it will make then start hunting each other more than just killing noobs on the coast but I doubt it. Douchebags will be douchebags.

I will be the hero Electro deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

Edited by Feint

I also have this skin, or at least I did the multiple times I logged in last night. I just thought it was another survivor skin and I kept getting the same one, until one of my patients told me it was the hero skin. My humanity always starts at 0 whenever I log in though, and seems to go up by 150 at a time simply for existing. Then I go to a different server and it's back to 0, but I still have the same skin. This persisted when the game told me I died upon logging in somewhere (for no apparent reason, I left myself at full blood and not in danger), and I then spawned on the coast with no items (not even a flashlight or a bandage) but I did still have my Alice pack. Still had the skin, I'll check in a little bit to see if I still do as I haven't been online yet today.

Edit: Oh and I have zero bandit kills and zero murders.

Edited by tamshan

Humanity lasts across deaths, so if you're a medic chances are you have actual hero status. Looks like the game recognizes that you have high humanity but the debug monitor is screwing up.

So if a couple bandits pair up and spam bloodpack each other i imagine that will raise their humanity.

Every skin change (camo, ghillie, hero, bandit) leads to a debug display wipe afaik(though it keeps tracking, as you can see on the scoreboard). I was at 4860 humanity, when I first logged in with 1.7.2.5 and the next blood transfusion got me to 5110. The graphics reloaded, the debug was wiped and the skin was changed.

If you can't tell from the pics, it's the scarf around the neck in the same greenish hue as the cap, fingerless gloves and a more casual looking vest and checkered shirt combo (varying long and short sleeves on different logins).

So if a couple bandits pair up and spam bloodpack each other i imagine that will raise their humanity.

Blood bags give you 150 humanity. Bandages give you 20 humanity. Murders give you between 2500 and 6000 negative humanity. You have to get back to 2000 humanity to get your survivor skin back. Every 10 minutes you recharge 150 humanity back up to 2500.

The obvious flaw in the bandits' plan is obviously obvious. Every time they kill someone they'll have to wait 2 and a half hours to recover from the humanity loss...minimum. Or find 28 blood packs to use between them. In other words, they'll spend all of their time scavenging for healing items just so they don't look like bandits. And even if they get rid of the bandit skin, it'll take one murder to drop back down to bandit skin again.

I heard tell of a mask on the closed testing servers.

Friend of mine sent me this image when he got it. Image

They're bugged as fuck though and need to be hotfixed.

Deleted my ghillie suit and dropped my humanity to -140,000.

I had no murders or bandit kills, but now because of this shit I'm suddenly a beacon for everyone to shoot in the face and feel 'justified' or good about killing. I've had to kill 4 people so far on sight because of it. No hope of ever receiving a Hero skin.

They're bugged as fuck though and need to be hotfixed.

Deleted my ghillie suit and dropped my humanity to -140,000.

I had no murders or bandit kills, but now because of this shit I'm suddenly a beacon for everyone to shoot in the face and feel 'justified' or good about killing. I've had to kill 4 people so far on sight because of it. No hope of ever receiving a Hero skin.

You had no murders before the patch, when a general "kill on sight" rule applied to 90% of the players. Right. And, now, all of a sudden, the bandit skin forced you to kill 4 other people.

Are you kidding me? ;)

I mean, no doubt, the humantiy seems to be buggy at best right now, but I totally fail to believe your story, my friend.

Never had killed anyone before, and now you are forced to .... :rolleyes:

/Edit: Just had a look at your profile:

I don't know why a forum moderator would ban me 3 times, but apparently they like doing that. I especially don't know why they would ban me for posting screenshots of me having fun, Rocket has even personally said that you'll never be banned for using hacked weapons.

You have an interesting mindset, my young friend. :D

Edited by VFR