burritoman259

Day z standalone speculation

OK so most of us by now have heard the game is going to become its own standalone game by now so just in the way of speculation what do you think or want them to add in so here is just a few ideas

1, a new inventory ( i know it wasn't rockets fault for this but it is part of the arma 2 engine)

2, attachments to weapon's i,e find a laser pointer somewhere and being able to attach it to a crossbow or a sniper, possibly being able to take them off other weapons, the l58a2 scope,

3, more hand to hand combat, once again i do know this wasn't rockets fault arma 2 engine

4, more trap's say setting up ied's they were in arma so why not dayz, or possibly a tripwire connected a bundle of grenades,

5, make the zombies slightly more powerful it's just pvp without them doing anything to affect the players

6, a crafting menu not just convert ammo, but why not soup! or a crossbow bolt that has a flare attached to it,

7, try to implement a new medical system so that eating a shit ton of beef cant heal yourself, fully this would add the idea of needing to team up,

this is just my opinion on what they should add in but add your own ideas to the pile who know's maybe they might add a few!

All of these questions or suggestions have already been answered by Rocket himself in various Q & A sessions and the many interviews he has taken part in.

All of these questions or suggestions have already been answered by Rocket himself in various Q & A sessions and the many interviews he has taken part in.

If you happen to have links to any of theses interviews, I'd be grateful :)

all great ideas, but dont forget about the base building mechanic and the inevitable dogs!

If you happen to have links to any of theses interviews, I'd be grateful :)

I don't have them to hand. There's a half hour Q&A session video with Rocket at Rezzed somewhere on Eurogamer. Just Google it. It's a month or so old now and thing are moving quickly. I'm sure they'll be some new stuff to keep an eye out for now that the standalone has been officially announced.