Noise (DayZ)

Undocumented features for the lulz- What are they?

Apparently Rocket added a few in, however, I may have missed a post somewhere if someone found some so I'll ask now. Has anybody learned/discovered any of these undocumented features (for the lulz)?

Wanted these bugs fixed by the weekend.

There is some undocumented changes also for the lulz

Anything about unreleased information is taken from Reddit/other sources.

--Learned so far.

>Hero skin. http://i.imgur.com/amQpd.jpg

>Bandit skin. http://i.imgur.com/WKixH.jpg

>Humanity.

>Cow audio.

>Tent/vehicle wipe?

>Slower zombies. 'smoother' animations.

>Cosmetic axe enhancement.

--Next patch (?)

>Female bandit skin (1.7.3) http://i.imgur.com/xAvdf.jpg

>Dogs (1.7.3) http://i.imgur.com/bLN7z.jpg

Edited by Noise
  • Like 2

my friend died and spawned back in with a head band on, which didnt show his backpack.... new bandit skin?

he had a ghillie before.

It's the phrase, "rocket wuz here" tatoo'd on all female's lower back.

But seriously, I want to know as well.

Bandit Skins are back, the most I've seen so far.

So there are multiple bandit skins now? I've seen a turban over the normal survival clothing (looks like shit) and apparently there's a headband one as said earlier.

Perhaps it's just random appearance type stuff, not actually "bandit skins".

That could be cool because you could identify a person roughly by the way they look, say for instance if one of your group is moving around the same area as you and you come across each other unexpectedly it could save "accidents" :)

And make things a little more realistic in the process as it makes sense that not everyone look exactly the same.

So there are multiple bandit skins now? I've seen a turban over the normal survival clothing (looks like shit) and apparently there's a headband one as said earlier.

That's the only 'Bandit' skin. Apparently there's a 'Hero' skin too, but that's unconfirmed. (As far as I'm aware.)

the fact that graphic glitching is not fixed for most people? - lulz.

• Like 1

So are dogs actually in? Is this confirmed anywhere? I got the "woof woof" joke Rocket made, but I figured that only applied to the full release of 1.7.3. Does anyone know if the dogs are friendly/companion-npc dogs? Or feral/zombie dogs that make life worse? Or both?

So are dogs actually in? Is this confirmed anywhere? I got the "woof woof" joke Rocket made, but I figured that only applied to the full release of 1.7.3. Does anyone know if the dogs are friendly/companion-npc dogs? Or feral/zombie dogs that make life worse? Or both?

No, they're not in it.

I think its a sound change as there is a sound file in the download but no mention of any sound changes.

They added scarfs(Bandit,hero) and humanity.

How exactly do you get the 'hero' skin?

The cows say "mooooo" scared the living shit out of me, one dead hostile cow!

Also. tents and vehicles seems to have been wiped, atleast so on the two servers i frequent most. (not back after restarts either.)

The code for the dogs is in this patch, but it won't go live until 1.7.3. Someone on redditt has a full breakdown on how dogs will work. very cool stuff. Also bandit skin if humanity lower than 2000 and hero skin if humanity above 5000. Also not.confirmed but server hoppers will spawn back at beach.

So, will I have this 'hero' skin over my Ghillie?

I haven't downloaded the patch yet but I've seen a few other people saying that females got new skins too. It could just be the bandit/hero scarfs though.

So, will I have this 'hero' skin over my Ghillie?

I haven't downloaded the patch yet but I've seen a few other people saying that females got new skins too. It could just be the bandit/hero scarfs though.

I think the female skins will come with the next patch, which shouldn't take long. Ghillies would probably go over the hero skin.