Sign in to follow this  
omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Play what you paid for

PvE is of no challenge or reward.

Hello there

Sorry to bring up this old post, but it's wrong, so wrong.

You may not like PvE, that doesn't mean other people don't enjoy it.

I often mess around in DAYZ SP, with my favourite mods for a fun SP experience.

What motivates you may not motivate others. (and vice versa).

rgds

LoK

Hello there

Sorry to bring up this old post, but it's wrong, so wrong.

You may not like PvE, that doesn't mean other people don't enjoy it.

I often mess around in DAYZ SP, with my favourite mods for a fun SP experience.

What motivates you may not motivate others. (and vice versa).

Exactly the same thing could be said about masturbating with a tazer. Yeah you might like it, doesn't mean there are many others like you.

How are the zombies challenging, or fun to kill? The challenge they are comes from how glitched are. And what reward do you get? Empty tin cans? I'm sorry but you must be pretty new if the zombies are still a challenge to you.

Edited by SillySil

Exactly the same thing could be said about masturbating with a tazer. Yeah you might like it, doesn't mean there are many others like you.

How are the zombies challenging, or fun to kill? The challenge they are comes from how glitched are. And what reward do you get? Empty tin cans? I'm sorry but you must be pretty new if the zombies are still a challenge to you.

Firstly, no.

Secondly, there were many like me until the mechanics altered and turned the game into a PvP fest.

They are fun to kill due to the numbers and the scarcity of ammo.

Thirdly, why must I be new? And even if I was, why on earth would that matter?

If one wants pure PvP with permadeath, Play on Toxic's Wasteland servers. It's essentially DAYZ without zeds.

Just because you think a certain way that doesn't make others opinions invalid.

rgds

LoK

Firstly, no.

Secondly, there were many like me until the mechanics altered and turned the game into a PvP fest.

They are fun to kill due to the numbers and the scarcity of ammo.

Thirdly, why must I be new? And even if I was, why on earth would that matter?

If one wants pure PvP with permadeath, Play on Toxic's Wasteland servers. It's essentially DAYZ without zeds.

Just because you think a certain way that doesn't make others opinions invalid.

Killing zombies is less playable than space invader and it's not an opinion. However it might be fun to you. Everyone has their thing. But again just like having fun time with the tazer you're an exception.

And why you must be new? Well when I started playing dayz zeds were a challenge to me. Then I got experienced and they don't matter to me anymore. I treat them as flies. The only feature they are for me is forcing me to relocate after each shot while in a city and showing me if there are people in a town I'm approaching. And why does it matter? Cause when you get a hold of how they work they will stop being a challenge to you.

And it's not that I want FFA DM. This is what DayZ supports in current state. DayZ's objective is not to die. Well, sorry but shooting everyone except those I know is the best way of doing that. Blame the game for FFA DM not the people following the mechanics. Don't want FFA DM? Don't play DayZ or ask devs to change the mechanics.

Killing zombies is less playable than space invader and it's not an opinion. However it might be fun to you. Everyone has their thing. But again just like having fun time with the tazer you're an exception.

And why you must be new? Well when I started playing dayz zeds were a challenge to me. Then I got experienced and they don't matter to me anymore. I treat them as flies. The only feature they are for me is forcing me to relocate after each shot while in a city and showing me if there are people in a town I'm approaching. And why does it matter? Cause when you get a hold of how they work they will stop being a challenge to you.

And it's not that I want FFA DM. This is what DayZ supports in current state. DayZ's objective is not to die. Well, sorry but shooting everyone except those I know is the best way of doing that. Blame the game for FFA DM not the people following the mechanics. Don't want FFA DM? Don't play DayZ or ask devs to change the mechanics.

Can you just leave this thread and not return? You're doing nothing but argue with people. You aren't advancing the thread subject, just causing problems. Please leave.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

All these post TL;DR

In my opinion there is no point in PVE at the moment. Anything you obtain or set up will just get hacked. Period. There is no counter argument to this, it's just the state of the mod as of now. Now we just have to DM it out in Cherno and Elektro until the stand alone. :)

After seeing http://dayzmod.com/f...bat-preference/, and seeing how many people are choosing the "I shoot whatever's on the end of my scope" option, here's another thing I don't understand about this community:

If you want to kill people in intense firefights, why not just play ArmA II? You already bought it. Just filter what server mission you want. ArmA II has intense firefights, and everbody will give you resistance; which I guess is more interesting than shooting someone who does nothing but look at you because they don't have a weapon.

(No, I wasn't killed by anything. But I am constantly reading the forums and sometimes throw in my 2¢ about the things people do. Why so many topics about it? What else is there to talk about? Complain about hackers? Complain about glitches? Talk about pwning n00bs in Cherno? I'd rather talk about something that ISN'T fixable in an update. More interesting.)

So there you have it. All I'm saying is if you want to kill people, play vanilla ArmA II.

Back on topic.....

Agree %100. A few of the guys I play DayZ with actually tried ArmaII, and they really liked it. If you are into CoD and high pace games it's not going to be your cup of tea. But typically the older generation will appreciate Arma for what it is, a great military simulation unlike anything else on the PC.

I think i killed one guy and I have been killed two, maybe three times by other players. The first time I was a newbie and tried to be friendly to one guy and he killed me. The second time I was walking down a road and out of nowhere two guys bumrush me Im outnumbered so I get killed. Thats my story

OP is absolutely right. There is so much more in ArmA II than DayZ. When I read someone say "I boght this just for DayZ and now i quit and never play it again" I could run a wall will my nuts first.

FUNFACT: I've played vanilla ArmA II for about two years and encountered 2 hackers. The first one was about one year ago the second one was a week ago on a public Domination Server. So people if you whine about hackers, don't trash the whole game, play it vanilla as there are almost 90% less hackers there.

Didn't know that.

I played public all the time until I finally found a clan two months ago.

I think there are a few more hackers now since DayZ made ArmA more "public", but its still nothing compared to how many hackers/scripters you find on DayZ servers.

Can you just leave this thread and not return? You're doing nothing but argue with people. You aren't advancing the thread subject, just causing problems. Please leave.

Wow really? First you create a topic to tell people what to do and then when someone proves your points wrong by showing you how it really is you tell them to leave? You're horrible. Not only you think you can order people around but you also put fingers in your ears and go "lalala" when people tell you that you're wrong.

You want me to leave? Stop being wrong, I won't have a reason to argue with you then.

Edited by SillySil

That is exactly the attitude I hate. Yes, the game has perma-death. But is it really? I mean, people use tents as a respawn crutch anyway; not like you lose anything. Besides, you can just run back to your body and get what you lost. Point being, there isn't really a perma-death, so therefore, you are getting false amusement off of it. Please leave to another game.

I feel sorry for people that use tents as a respawn crutch, takes the fun out of the game and then they complain that there isn't anything left to do. I only ever try get back to my body if I was killed by someone server hopping to get behind me or a hacker.

You seem to think that FFA DM is not the gamemode of dayz in the current state.

Sorry to dissapoint but like I said in the other thread. PvE is of no challenge or reward. And killing people is the best way of gearing up which is one of the main things you have to do in this game. Also the best way of avoiding getting shot.

That's a contradiction. If PvE is easy, why would killing others be the best way to gear up? That makes no sense mate.

PvE easy = go kill people for gear? Think twice about it and how that sounds.

Killing people for gear is a completely mute point. It is faster and easier to loot it yourself, by a long shot. Or simply stock up on food and drinks to go looking for tents. PvP has no point what so ever, unless you somehow manage to catch a ghillie sniper with everything on him and you just have an Enfield and some basic gear. But the chances of that are remote. It's more likely he finds you and you die.

That's a contradiction. If PvE is easy, why would killing others be the best way to gear up? That makes no sense mate.

PvE easy = go kill people for gear? Think twice about it and how that sounds.

You misunderstand. PvE is of no challenge = PvE is no fun. One more reason to PvP since it's the only challenge this game brings after you get the gear. Then there is killing people for gear.

Killing people for gear is a completely mute point. It is faster and easier to loot it yourself, by a long shot.

Bullshit. It's easier and faster for me to go to stary or loot deerstands than to kill someone who came to electro/cherno with full gear? No, it's not. He has everything, food, medical supplies, weapon, good backpack. How on earth picking all that up at once is slower than going to stary/deerstands/NWA? By a long shot... lol give me a break.

PvP has no point what so ever, unless you somehow manage to catch a ghillie sniper with everything on him and you just have an Enfield and some basic gear. But the chances of that are remote. It's more likely he finds you and you die.

Well then you're bad at the game. I have killed snipers on electro hill with a frigging axe. I have killed fully geared people using enfield/doublebarrel/AKM and within 30 minutes after spawning I was fully equipped. No need to go to a shop, a hospital, deerstands/NWA/stary anymore. Same goes for killing people up north. If you're low on food/meds/ammo, and you kill someone, you don't need to go to hotspot and risk getting shot anymore. And you are going to tell me that killing people for loot is a mute point?

And, there is one more advantage of shooting on sight. They can't kill you once they're dead.

Killing unarmed or friendly players is easier, and some people get enjoyment from others peoples misery.

Edited by Fosty99