john_blund

Your opinions on forced server rules (3DP, Crosshair etc )

I can't stand any rules that in my opinion work agains't dayz atmosphere, such as; Your position on the map and hand scan. The third persion view I really dont mind, I like looking at my character and travelling is less annoying in third person.

Imo; hand scan should be disabled by default on all dayz server and you shouldn't be able to see yourself or anyone else on the map also by default. Third person can stay but I wouldn't cry if it got disabled for obvious reasons.

Personally I think that sub-Veteran difficulties are not only not fitting to the atmosphere of DayZ, but make gameplay worse.

Clever players can use 3rd person to look over cover and look around corners - basically, see people while remaining unseen. This is unrealistic and makes combat dumb.

Also, ArmA 2's implementation of crosshairs is extremely unrealistic. In servers with crosshairs enabled, there is basically no reason to use your sights - crosshairs are effective out to extremely long ranges.

Finally, the nametags remove a lot of stealth from the game, and introduce dumb luck - often you'll happen to scan over the horizon and see a name pop up. It makes cover far less important. I wish you could identify players who are very close to you, though.

I don't think that forced rulesets are really necessary, though. People should be free to play the way they want to play, unless their doing so differs with the dev team's vision of the mod. Most servers already seem to be changing over to Veteran/Expert, eventually I think that Regular servers will be far in the minority.

No name tags, no crosshair, no 3rd person and no death messages.

Let's play this real. Put all server on Expert.

I think its all going wrong direction you get more and more locked servers different TYPE versions and lesser and lesser able to join.

I prolly have waited and try 4 hours out of 8 hours to play on server specially europeans SERVERS are worse.

Beginning when i started with DAYZ you could enter all servers np now maybe 50-60% and with already long waits to enter is a crime to find and to get into server.

Should be open to all no every damn server soon for there own private clubs BAH:(

Then there is this stupid daytime converted to night time so all the whiners can play day time its realy sad:(

No name tags' date=' no crosshair, no 3rd person and no death messages.

Let's play this real. Put all server on Expert.

[/quote']

agreed!

Let's make this game a real simulator!

3rd person - yes, its not game breaking and the game just feels a bit better for me.

crosshair - fuck no! thats god damn cheating. might as well put markers on the map.

i once was found by a group of players and was really scared, are they so good? did they find a rangefinder? how dd they see me in all the trees? and then they tell me they just used the mouse wheel scroll menu randomly and found me...

3rd Person - Yes.

Maybe I would use 1st Person if Arma's 1st person didn't bother the absolute f*** out of me. I've never played an FPS with such a weird feeling first person.

Crosshair - No

Nametags - Never!

3rd Person - Yes.

Maybe I would use 1st Person if Arma's 1st person didn't bother the absolute f*** out of me. I've never played an FPS with such a weird feeling first person.

Crosshair - No

Nametags - Never!

Head-bob - 0%

Deadzone - 0%

If 3rd person is allowed then ESPs and wallhacks should be allowed too. Why would gamebreaking cheats be allowed on a server? This is supposed to be a simulator. What does it simulate when you put your nose against a wall and look around the corner magically?

Personally I find movement to be much more smooth with third person and I use it while moving around, not necessarily to ... "cheat". As I said it's just much "smoother" even if I turn head bobbing off. I still use iron sights in any combat situations though.

As for the name scan thing I don't like it either, even if I am getting the advantage.

So for all you 3rd person advocates.

Do you use 1st or 3rd person when you have the shakes (of course when having no painkillers on hand)? And don't tell me there's never a time you don't have painkillers. If there hasn't been a time. You must be some kind of ninja or hermit in the woods. Without ever having to use painkillers or stocking up on them so much to not be able to carry anything else. I'm guessing your going to say 3rd person. Cause if you can't handle head bob you sure as hell wouldn't/couldn't deal with that. So that right there is game breaking. Please don't say your aim is messed up when you have the shakes even in 3rd person 'cause that's easily compensated for.

If 3rd person is allowed then ESPs and wallhacks should be allowed too. Why would gamebreaking cheats be allowed on a server? This is supposed to be a simulator. What does it simulate when you put your nose against a wall and look around the corner magically?

And this coming from a bandit. This is called pro banditry my friends. You can kill me anytime with any loot and i wont be mad. :D

I think there is significant agreement that nametags are complete bullshit (except possibly within 1-5 meters to simulate "recognition"), I hope rocket can do something about this. I can't stand joining a server only to notice nametags are on, I don't know why people are even on these servers (duping me into thinking it's a good server b/c it's full, the bastards).

This makes about as much sense as your so called "pro gaming" experience.

I agree completely it's not realistic' date=' I'm not saying it should be in the game, but comparing it to ESP/wallhack, is taking it too far.

This game is way too immersive and it's still hard as balls to spot anyone around walls if you have your nose against a wall, as you put it.

Perhaps start thinking about the general public, and not only you fucking twats who sit in Elektro/Cherno all day, the 3rd person cam isn't that gamebreaking. I honestly can't recall any situations I've spotted someone purely on the third person cam, however the nametags and handscan shit, I can count on both hands and my toes!

So for all you 3rd person advocates.

Do you use 1st or 3rd person when you have the shakes (of course when having no painkillers on hand)? And don't tell me there's never a time you don't have painkillers. If there hasn't been a time. You must be some kind of ninja or hermit in the woods. Without ever having to use painkillers or stocking up on them so much to not be able to carry anything else. I'm guessing your going to say 3rd person. Cause if you can't handle head bob you sure as hell wouldn't/couldn't deal with that. So that right there is game breaking. Please don't say your aim is messed up when you have the shakes even in 3rd person 'cause that's easily compensated for.

First of all, I can't speak for everyone, but at least for me I see no change with or without 3rd person camera when having the shakes.

The servers that I play on have nametags+crosshairs disabled, so you still have to ironsight to shoot ( which I do even if the crosshair IS enabled ).

The only difference I can see is that we don't get to see the -constant- shaking of the hands, when we're running/not shooting.

The great thing about the BI platform is that you can customize the difficulty in every little detain to your liking, you can even create addons and mods! I think we should celebrate the versatility of the real virtuality engine, rather than trying to limit it.

If you don't like a server's difficulty settings, you should find another that you like instead.

The great thing about the BI platform is that you can customize the difficulty in every little detain to your liking' date=' you can even create addons and mods! I think we should celebrate the versatility of the real virtuality engine, rather than trying to limit it.

If you don't like a server's difficulty settings, you should find another that you like instead.

[/quote']

Makes sense I guess, but I was thinking more in "balancing" the mod ( damnit, I did it again ) in terms of making it more immersive for the players.

It will get your heart pumping more if you have zero indication that someone is sneaking up on you, or is watching you from a distance, right now a lot of players are just having the handscan open while they run, scanning the treelines, and they usually get hits with it.

But then again, this is purely my point of view, I am in no way saying this is how it should be, merely a suggestion.

Ive only been playing the series since the ofp 2002 resistance but I would have to say

disable everything

no 3rd

no crosshair

no shift click map

no tags

no peripheral hints

But I can understand all the younger players wanting it to look like a cartoon

so they feel at home.

O before ya say it yes I do only play on servers where there is no 3rd, no cross, no tags and no shift click -- (its hard to find a server with no peripheral hints but I did find one or two).

First of all' date=' I can't speak for everyone, but at least for me I see no change with or without 3rd person camera when having the shakes.

The servers that I play on have nametags+crosshairs disabled, so you still have to ironsight to shoot ( which I do even if the crosshair IS enabled ).

The only difference I can see is that we don't get to see the -constant- shaking of the hands, when we're running/not shooting.

[/quote']

I guess I need a video every time I try and explain something?

It's not like I haven't tried this myself and I'm just trying to be difficult. I have in fact avoided the shakes using 3rd person. Saying there's no change is you either being completely blind or you don't actually know what I'm talking about.

And no you don't NEED to use your iron-sights without cross-hairs. I'll let you figure out how to on your own.

First of all' date=' I can't speak for everyone, but at least for me I see no change with or without 3rd person camera when having the shakes.

[/quote']

I guess I need a video every time I try and explain something?

It's not like I haven't tried this myself and I'm just trying to be difficult. I have in fact avoided the shakes using 3rd person. Saying there's no change is you either being completely blind or you don't actually know what I'm talking about.

And no you don't NEED to use your iron-sights without cross-hairs. I'll let you figure out how to on your own.

First of all, I did never intend to come off as a douchebag or being ignorant, I'm actually interested in your opinion(s).

Not actually trying to make this more difficult but I have no idea what your idea of "the shakes" is then, I assumed it was the hand-shaking when you take a lot of damage.

I always use the iron sights when I fire, except perhaps really clutch situations.

First of all' date=' I did never intend to come off as a douchebag or being ignorant, I'm actually interested in your opinion(s).

Not actually trying to make this more difficult but I have no idea what your idea of "the shakes" is then, I assumed it was the hand-shaking when you take a lot of damage.

I always use the iron sights when I fire, except perhaps really clutch situations.

[/quote']

I think it's when you say: 'First of all' that gets on my nerves. Sorry. I don't want to be douche here either or make it more difficult. I tried to get some decent captures of certain other things and can't get it working atm to post you a vid. Fraps could do it and be easier on me, but I just can't stand trial software. So I'm trying out Taksi an open source capture prog. I haven't slept much so I'm not about to troubleshoot atm either, hehe.

edit: wrong scenario...When you get a chance or happen to get hit by a Z it should trigger this effect. The camera will shake uncontrollably side to side, up down and all that. You can't remove the shake unless you either take painkillers or go 3rd person. The hands thing I don't know what your talking about. I never really paid attention to that little detail. I don't want it to sound like I'm trying to push a certain play style on you or anyone else. I just think that DayZ is better played in first person and everyone should experience it in that way. But I guess that in itself is pushing it on you. Meh.