dkeedy

Die a zombie, become a zombie, for 1 more death.

I think that it would be cool if you were able to be killed as a player (if it were death by zombies, or if you were diseased) and you were to resurrect (upon choice) as a zombie. You then would have a chance to kill players, being that you would be super fast, and possess slightly higher damage coeffecients than zombies.

• So lets say a zombie inflicts 500 blood dmg per hit: A player zombie should then inflict 1000 blood dmg per hit, and should be able to run just as quickly as the other zombies.
  • I also think that it would be fair if the player zombie had the same effective health pool as other zombies in the game, making you just as easy to kill.
  • There should be no difference in skin (you should spawn up with a NPC zombie skin) so that you are better able to blend in with masses of zombies.
  • Lastly, you should be able to influence the behavior of other zombie NPCs in the area. If you are sprinting as a zombie player, their zombie NPCs around you should follow your path at the same pace, allowing you to pursue a player without then being singled out once away from a herd.

Any thoughts fellow survivors?

• Like 13

You have my beans for the majority of your idea. I suggested a similar idea a few weeks back and got trolled hard, considering you have taken it several steps further......good luck.

Eh, its a cool idea, but it just wouldnt really workout with what this game is trying to be. Your supposed to be surviving the mindless horde of undead, the intelligent(sometimes) surivors, and the 1ft falls off of stairs or small rocks that can kill you. Adding intelligence to a mindless horde breaks immersion. Get it? Zombies are the easy enemies, humans are the hard enemies, and the stairs and rocks are the impossible enemies. You have it all right there.

The problem with this is it has the potential to be too easily abused. You could have one friend that is a zombie to scout ahead or help your clan of survivors. If they could find a ficx for this though, it would be pretty fun aspect of the game they could add!

• Like 1

You have my beans for the majority of your idea. I suggested a similar idea a few weeks back and got trolled hard, considering you have taken it several steps further......good luck.

Yeah people disagreeing with you about a horrible idea that doesn't belong in something like Day Z, yeah you sure got trolled hard!

I'm pretty sure Rocket has said that all of us "survivors" have immunity to the infection.

not a bad idea, and actually if you go into editor mode you can run about as a zombie if you make them 'playable'

xD MY GOD THE MONKEY Camera is ... interesting when they are doing that crouch run shuffle thing... lol

otherwise, would be interesting if you could get a following of zombies and ambush people.. (you would still suffer the degrade over time thing that Rocket added.. so you would have to be somewhat quick)

ALSO... being able to lead a pack around would provide ways to actually find zombies in the woods x-x (you outrun the 'older' ones and they just patrol around wherever they stop... or if/when you die or perhaps hit respawn.. they meander around)

thats seem dumb to me because thats takes away the stealth element for the survives, because its is really fun crawling sneakfuly through a field with mindless zombies in it, but with real player zombies they can jsut spot you with ease.

I think it's supposed to be a kind of I Am Legend type scenario. Humanity got fucked up by an infection and only a few, who are immune, remain.

I don't like it, there's meant to be 50 survivors and it can be hard enough to find one, and if half the players were running around the wild as zombies it'd be hard. The idea sounds good, but I don't think it would work in practice for this game, what happens if you die near your friends? Your not going to turn on them, in fact you'd probably help them. So no, they're meant to be mindless and mindless they should remain

How about this:

If you die by damage from a zed your body re-animates with all its loot still on it, and the AI takes over. You want the loot? kill the new zed.

During all of this, the recently deceased player is free to restart his adventure at his/her convenience

Komotez's turn on it would be pretty damn cool too.

I still think being able to lead a horde of zombies to a player's location would be a neat feature though.

And to counter-act the whole "scouting ahead" part of it, how about the player zombie rezzes up with a bleed, and only has ~5 minutes to do anything before dying again?

• Like 1

I like this idea.. You have my beans. But lets say you are only a zombie for a certain amount of time? And you can have the choice to be a zombie only if you are killed by a zombie. Maybe you can only have the choice 3 times a day if you dont want a horde of zombies.

I like this idea.. You have my beans. But lets say you are only a zombie for a certain amount of time? And you can have the choice to be a zombie only if you are killed by a zombie. Maybe you can only have the choice 3 times a day if you dont want a horde of zombies.

Yeah my original idea touched on the only if killed by zombies, or if you were infected.

Sorry but this is a terrible idea. If this were to be implemented we would see a staggering amount of game breaking nonsense and abuse. For instance, what is to stop a zombie player from trolling the beach all day long slaughtering helpless new characters? What about zombie players cooperating with human players and working together to hunt down people?

Simply put this just isn't the game for this kind of mechanic. If you want Zombie vs. Human PvP I suggest you go play L4D. I hear that game does it quite well.