Sign in to follow this  
quacksnooze

Never trust anyone, even your own "friends"

Story starts in elektro, where I got all my gear from hill camping snipers. I got myself 11 kills, an AS50, M4A1 CCO SD, Ghillie suit and some other gear. First I joined a group my friend made, there were total of 3 players in our squad then. Then my friend recruited 2 other guys from the internet, at first when I met them (talking in skype) they seemed really nice and friendly, my two other squadmates have been rolling with them for a couple of days already, then today, The first time I joined their skype session, and started playing. Our plan was to get a boat and head for Skalisty Island in hopes for a helicopter. We met in Gorka, all 5 of us. We got into a trouble with zombies and took them out. Then we started heading towards Berezino, and we got attacked by a group of players, I am pretty positive that this was a set up ambush (by the guy who eventually killed me). Once we survive that, we head for a barn to take a breath, we sit in the barn for good 10-15 mins as we were having skype problems. I was just standing there waiting for everyone to be ready to move forward. Then out of nowhere the other guy starts shooting me to the head with an m14 AIM. I couldn't do anything as he was behind my back. He ended up taking my AS50, NVG's and rangefinders, leaving the M4 SD for my friend, who I have known for over 7 years. Later in Skype, I managed to speak to him a bit, and all he said was: "Well, you had such a good gear". You wont believe how angry I was, I even thought of using hacks, finding the server he's on and then just ruining his day.

Never ever ever trust anyone in DayZ. Most importantly dont trust anyone who is 12 years old with shitty gear. That fu*@ing a**hole.

Also, don't get too attached to your gear, I still miss my AS50 ;(

So, please post below if you have stories similar to this, where someone who you knew, betrays you.

• Like 4

Good thing that I know both of my friends in real life and they are serious gamers who respect the team members. I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you.

• Like 2

Just goes to show that u can never really know what kind of people your friends are, not truly deep deep down. I think immaturity will make probably make some people more likely to be untrustworthy.

Brings back to mind the old line from people defending their hacker "friends" : "He's my friend he wouldnt do it, I've known him for years". Goes to show how gullible some people can be, although i think that may be human nature. You want your friends to be honourable and true, so you do half the job for them by imagining it to be so.

As far as being shit on by someone you considered to be a friend, it's never nice when it happens, you have my condolences.

I know this might bring me in bad light with a lot of people... buut im gonna say it anyways

if you're 12 years old, you will sadly see this happening a few times in life, people you think you can trust might turn around and backstab you, but you will learn from it, and in the end you will KNOW who your real friends are.

in a couple of years, dont even have to be many, you might realize, and be happy, that he decided to waste your trust in a little thing as a video game, and nothing majorly important..

and for same storys, nah cant say i do, and hopefully never will, would split a lot since we play all games together in bigger groups etc :)

Hope you find new gear mate..

best of luck

\\Wuggie

You said it yourself. "Most importantly dont trust anyone who is 12 years old with shitty gear."

I have met a few people on this forum that I do trust with my dayz life.

For the most part random people just want better stuff. When your friend kills you for your gear... well... that's dayz bro it changes you!

Thanks for everyone's comments :), I would like to apologize about my cussing as I was quite pissed off when I wrote this (10 mins after he killed me).

12 years old are KIDS! Pardon sir, but you must be stupid if you trust a KID! I know it's internet, but if you want to trust anyone, you must get his respect. But this is just a game, when I'm dying I start to laugh. Do same, piss on failures, enjoy victories and you'll enjoy essence of game. And guy who did it, hang around for some time with him, and do same. Or find his street address by IP geolocation xD.

My friends are the same age as me, They get all jealous that i have nice gear and they go round shooting anything for fun, i dont and i'm a medic, they got so jealous they tried to hunt me down and at school get info of where i was, server, base etc. It's a shame this game does that

there were total of 3 players in our squad then. Then my friend recruited 2 other guys from the internet, at first when I met them (talking in skype) they seemed really nice and friendly, my two other squadmates have been rolling with them for a couple of days already

Is it finally possible to form squads ingame?

Is it finally possible to form squads ingame?

As far as I know, there no way to make like a physical squad in the game, but I just called it squad, when I propably should have wrote group or something :P

12 years old are KIDS! Pardon sir, but you must be stupid if you trust a KID! I know it's internet, but if you want to trust anyone, you must get his respect. But this is just a game, when I'm dying I start to laugh. Do same, piss on failures, enjoy victories and you'll enjoy essence of game. And guy who did it, hang around for some time with him, and do same. Or find his street address by IP geolocation xD.

To be honest, at first I was pretty careful, constantly watching my back for them, as I didn't trust 'em at the moment, but as time passed a little bit, my "killer" seemed like a really nice guy, we were cracking jokes, and just talking like we've known for years.

Just as a sidenote, I just heard from the guy that created (don't know if that's the correct word :)) our group, he just said In skype that the whole time we've been playing, he didn't even want me to be a part of that squad, so, now I am starting to think conspiracy theories about him being part of my death. I just have this feeling that everyone in the group wanted me dead to get my stuff. But to be honest, they are all bunch of a**holes, and I have found myself a new group with mature players, so I hope I can finally have some more fun in DayZ after my mental breakdown about yesterday's happenings.

grab the peeps from your new group and ambush your sorry excuse of a "friend"

• Like 1

1. i dont know how you can call them "friends"

2. that rly Sux =(

3. you may "join" them and kill them ( justice shall be made! )

I only trust people within arms reach. Hence why I always work alone and build trust between single people rather than groups.

Even people within arms reach can get you killed if they make a rookie mistake. Like firing their gun in the middle of Gorka at midnight. That place attracts dozens of zombies and they swarmed me rather than him.

I've learned it's good to know a lot of people as long as they all don't group up because that will get you killed.

I mean we've all seen how this turned out.

Me and my friend found a few As-50's and NV off two poeple we killed sniping eletro. So my friend though it would be a good idea to shoot innocent people running around trying to get basic supplies in eletro with no weapon. i told him lets not, but he insisted. So I told him "hey, i'll watch over you if you want to get on the top of the firehouse to snipe" Now, before we go on, let me tell you I HATE people who are over geared killing unarmed dudes. So when my buddy got on the firehouse, I lined up a headshot and killed his ass. Freaking prick trying to stomp over under geared players.

He did not know it was me, and asked If I saw the sniper that killed him, I replied "Yes, he was on the other hill, but I don't know were" He spawned near eletro so I told him to go get his stuff, and if the other sniper fires, i'll find his location. So he runs right next to his body, starts looting it, then I shoot him again. He said "stupid fking snipers killing people in eletro, what f**s" I was laughing my ass off by now and he rage quit. He still did not know it was me to this day that shot him.

• Like 6

well for me i was with my tema what ive been playing with for about 2weeks and yea.... well i had a as50 m4a1 cco sd mp sd rangefinder nv goggles a coyote backpack and a ghillie suite. so my team wanted me 2 meet up in the fire house and dup them an as50 soo where at the very top of the fire house in elektro and then they tell me 2 stand right in the middle where someone looking through the windows could see me... right when i drop my as50 the sniper on my team kills me and i got so fucking pissed so what i did was i found a grenade walked back there and threw it into the fire house and killed all of them then i looted my dead body got my m4a1 cco sd and coyote backpack and log off then i forogot 2 pick up some other gear so i logged back and and all my stuff that i had on me disapeared soo i when 2 another body took there alice pack and m4a1 cco sd with no ,ags took there rangefinder and nv goggles and ran outta there and i hid all there other bodys =)

Story starts in elektro, where I got all my gear from hill camping snipers. I got myself 11 kills, an AS50, M4A1 CCO SD, Ghillie suit and some other gear. First I joined a group my friend made, there were total of 3 players in our squad then. Then my friend recruited 2 other guys from the internet, at first when I met them (talking in skype) they seemed really nice and friendly, my two other squadmates have been rolling with them for a couple of days already, then today, The first time I joined their skype session, and started playing. Our plan was to get a boat and head for Skalisty Island in hopes for a helicopter. We met in Gorka, all 5 of us. We got into a trouble with zombies and took them out. Then we started heading towards Berezino, and we got attacked by a group of players, I am pretty positive that this was a set up ambush (by the guy who eventually killed me). Once we survive that, we head for a barn to take a breath, we sit in the barn for good 10-15 mins as we were having skype problems. I was just standing there waiting for everyone to be ready to move forward. Then out of nowhere the other guy starts shooting me to the head with an m14 AIM. I couldn't do anything as he was behind my back. He ended up taking my AS50, NVG's and rangefinders, leaving the M4 SD for my friend, who I have known for over 7 years. Later in Skype, I managed to speak to him a bit, and all he said was: "Well, you had such a good gear". You wont believe how angry I was, I even thought of using hacks, finding the server he's on and then just ruining his day.

Never ever ever trust anyone in DayZ. Most importantly dont trust anyone who is 12 years old with shitty gear. That fu*@ing a**hole.

Also, don't get too attached to your gear, I still miss my AS50 ;(

So, please post below if you have stories similar to this, where someone who you knew, betrays you.

You kids are fucked up these days, your telling me a real life friend of yours killed you to take your stuff?

I know this is just a game but if someone I know that is physically present in the same room with me killed me in this game.

I would just have to slap that dude across the face next time I saw him

NEVER play with anyone 12 years old in the first place.

THERE lies your problem...

Ah man, that's too bad. I can't believe how anyone could do that.

I do trust lots of people, maybe too much and fast :s

I just teamed u with someone from the forums. I started a new life, so if he would still like to meet me i knew i could trust him. He said he didn't have anything either, i was like great we can start again together, but instead he had pretty good gear. He gave me his revolver. HE trusted me. And not a millisecond i thought of killing him and taking his gear. Even when he said I'm bandaging cover me, or I'm on skype brb. Those were like the ultimate moments. But instead of some gear I chose someone to trust and travel with. That is way more important to me.

This! I am still alive after my initial deaths when first starting if the nice person Nekyz_le_lama is on these forums thanks for not shooting my ass and grouping up mad the game enjoyable

DON'T TRUST 12yr OLDS EVER

NEVER play with anyone 12 years old in the first place.

THERE lies your problem...

Yep, learned that the hard way...

Still not as bad as getting 15 kills, dying to a porting and or server hoppers/getting back up to 18, then same shit happen again, imo. You could join us though, if you'd like. I run with about 8 people, really only 3-6 at a time, as two live in the UK, so odd hours are odd. We've played together for a month now, and we've not done any harm to eachother, other than accidental shots when we approach without saying anything when we just killed others coming for us. Regardless, if you're interested skype=stonedmonkey0056, or steam=stonedmonkey0065