Sign in to follow this  
IamFriendly (DayZ)

a new kind of cheating

hello dayzmod =)

this is realy wired and i don't understand the attitude - maybe you can help clearing that.

as i entered the church in elektro and looking for loot, a voice starts tellin me:

"hey i will spawn you some nice weapon - just pick up and have fun"

..a few seconds later a rly big sniper with thermal or nv appeared next to me.

i was alot confused and didn't even picked up the weapon, i was just moving around a bit.

so he yelled at me many times:

"just pick up the weapon, dude - it's a bigass gun, or maybe you want another"

in the next minute he floods all the church with weapons and items i never saw before (nv, rf, wrenchthingy, gps, ect, ect)

he was abvously gettin impatient and talked more often about me, should pickin up the items or he will shoot me..

after 2 more minutes he started a countdown:

"pick up that alicepack full of items and guns or you are dead in 10 secs

..."

i heared steps next to me so i knowed hes invisible and in the church. as he was at 5 i armed my axe and and run around, found him and started axing xD.

the hacker said:

"nice try but i can't die" (at this point i run out of the church and wanted to escape) his further words..:

"i wont kill you for trying to kill me, but i kill you for not picking up the items"

BAEM

i'm dead.

My thought on this acting:

Is it possible to get a ban for using hacked weapons - could a server admin abuse battleeye in a way to get me a ban?

Was his intention to take screenshots and blame me for his pleasure?

I played just 20h till now - this was a random server (eu) and no beef or something

hello dayzmod =)

if it was me i would have picked up the items as much as i could carry and run, lol. kudos on trying to axe him!!! you got balls lmao

It should not be possible in theory, he could probably ban you from his own server, but never a global ban!

it would require a log with YOUR id and name spawning in the weapons, not just picking em up.

Picked up hacked items are legal, and will not get you banned..

Technically you shouldn't get banned but anyone catching you with a hacked in weapon is going to call you a hacker and that person may be an admin...........see where I'm going with this? Here is some trivia for you though, the statistics of children born from incest also match the stats of hackers in Dayz.

• Like 2

I saw this happening on my server. I'm a little torn on this. It feels like taking the weapons and thinking "I won't get banned for this" just encourages the hackers that we all loathe. I don't think supporting them by playing their "game" is a great strategy. To me, the idea that you won't get banned for carrying hacked weapons comes from ignorance of the weapon's origin. If it's painfully obvious that the weapon or item is illegitimate then you shouldn't take it.

My advice would be to log out of that server and contact the admin or cheat forums with server name and time/date so that the person spawning the gear can get the ban that they deserve.

Hey!

thanks for the infos.

@Twyst: This is what i ve done, i went to the ts-server and searched an admin. I would never pick up hacked gear at all - its cheating in my opinion.

I was just concerned if anydude could get a ban out of that actions.

nighty night dudes!

hello dayzmod =)

this is realy wired and i don't understand the attitude - maybe you can help clearing that.

as i entered the church in elektro and looking for loot, a voice starts tellin me:

"hey i will spawn you some nice weapon - just pick up and have fun"

..a few seconds later a rly big sniper with thermal or nv appeared next to me.

i was alot confused and didn't even picked up the weapon, i was just moving around a bit.

so he yelled at me many times:

"just pick up the weapon, dude - it's a bigass gun, or maybe you want another"

in the next minute he floods all the church with weapons and items i never saw before (nv, rf, wrenchthingy, gps, ect, ect)

he was abvously gettin impatient and talked more often about me, should pickin up the items or he will shoot me..

after 2 more minutes he started a countdown:

"pick up that alicepack full of items and guns or you are dead in 10 secs

..."

i heared steps next to me so i knowed hes invisible and in the church. as he was at 5 i armed my axe and and run around, found him and started axing xD.

the hacker said:

"nice try but i can't die" (at this point i run out of the church and wanted to escape) his further words..:

"i wont kill you for trying to kill me, but i kill you for not picking up the items"

BAEM

i'm dead.

My thought on this acting:

Is it possible to get a ban for using hacked weapons - could a server admin abuse battleeye in a way to get me a ban?

Was his intention to take screenshots and blame me for his pleasure?

I played just 20h till now - this was a random server (eu) and no beef or something

hello dayzmod =)

This guy actually did pick up all the weapons just asking now if hes going to get banned..

if it was me i would have picked up the items as much as i could carry and run, lol. kudos on trying to axe him!!! you got balls lmao

He would have gotten banned.

You won't get banned for using spawned in items that are in Dayz. What gets you banned, is using an item that is on the "black-list." Things that are not in the Dayz mod.

i would of grab as much stuff as i could and logged off to a new server lol

• Like 1