Sign in to follow this  
TiredEthan

Will DayZ be Mac Compatible?

With it being confirmed as coming out as a stand-alone game, I wonder if it would be Mac Compatible.

I would definitely love to have it to be compatible, I mean it would boost the sales by a bit of by not a lot.

I know for a far that most macs would be able to run it on Normal settings, but It's such a hassle going into Windows just to play it.

(Guys I know you can use bootcamp, I'm just asking for what you guys think on a MAC compatible DayZ.)

Edited by TiredEthan

I seriously doubt they'll be porting it to the mac any time soon.

If you want to play games, get a PC. If you want a wildly overpriced consumer toy, get a mac.

/thread

• Like 8

If you want to play games, get a PC. If you want a wildly overpriced consumer toy, get a mac.

/thread

I made this thread to get the communities' opinion....not get criticized for a purchase.

I made this thread to get the communities' opinion....not get criticized for a purchase.

Thats too bad

Macs are stupid products for stupid people

There is no way a Mac could run arma 2 so never in a million years would a consumer mac be able to run dayz standalone which will be on the same engine

• Like 4

ITT: Angry people make generalized, generic comments about mac.

In other news, try boot camp, as long as your mac is decently specced shouldn't be a problem. I very much doubt a MacOS compatible version will be developed, however.

Edited by Fidels
  • Like 2

i hope not companies that port the games over to mac are justs supporting those worthless machines, if you want to game buy a pc..

/thread

Consumer toy?

Everyone doing graphic design and web design use macs.

I'd bet money a lot of the arma artwork was done on a mac, along with this website.

Thats too bad

Macs are stupid products for stupid people

There is no way a Mac could run arma 2 so never in a million years would a consumer mac be able to run dayz standalone which will be on the same engine

Wrong, macs are superior machines for people who can afford it.

These posts wreak of 'I built my own PC, I'm so awesome'.

In answer to the OP, no the chances are slim.

Use bootcamp.

Edited by TheMachine
  • Like 3

I have a macbook pro, I fucking love it. But I built a gaming PC to play games on. Much cheaper than a mac pro w/ an ok gpu for about half the price.

Almost no games are ported to mac, and no way this game will be imo. Either build a PC or just run windows for the game. Could try wine I guess, but its spotty at best and many games don't work in it.

• Like 2

Consumer toy?

I'd bet money a lot of the arma artwork was done on a mac, along with this website.

Sure, cause they look great in the nouveau 21st century art deco style that those places all have to impress customers, Macs haven't been a technically superior choice for graphic design and web design since the late 90s. And face it, the vast majority of mac customers are computer illiterate and like their packaged, sealed box overpriced facetime/itunes/angrybirds machine.

• Like 2

Consumer toy?

In answer to the OP, no the chances are slim.

Use bootcamp.

I don't want to get into a flamewar, and the OP has a reasonable question, but I always felt this line of argument was pretty thin. There isn't anything about a Mac that makes the design software only workable on a Mac, that's just the development platform they choose to go with, largely because historically the Mac has been used for those purposes. In reality, the same software could be made for cheaper PCs and run just as well though.

• Like 1

hopefully, I mean anything to get windows out of being the only choice of gaming on PC(personal computer).

Edited by Orthus

Are you stupid? Then a mac is perfect for you!

2000 dollar facebook machine, with shitty gpu

• Like 2

Lots of people can't afford macs so they tell themselves they're 'overpriced' and the people who use them are 'idiots'.

Well, you know, if you say so.

Whatever helps you feel good about your £1000 PC tower with stupid blue flashing LEDS.

• Like 1

Lots of people can't afford macs so they tell themselves they're 'overpriced' and the people who use them are 'idiots'.

Well, you know, if you say so.

Whatever helps you feel good about your £1000 PC tower with stupid blue flashing LEDS.

Actually my '£1000 PC tower with stupid blue flashing LEDs' could just as easily be a Mac. Lets face it, the only thing that differentiates the two is brushed aluminium, a 'warranty void if opened' sticker and a good £500-£1000. More power to you if you like using Macs, but the only thing 'unique' about a Mac purchase is the operating system - which you can run on a PC anyway. Stop pretending any of the hardware is somehow superior.

Can't tell if trolling or...

Edited by Fidels

Actually my '£1000 PC tower with stupid blue flashing LEDs' could just as easily be a Mac. Lets face it, the only thing that differentiates the two is brushed aluminium, a 'warranty void if opened' sticker and a good £500-£1000.

My Windows PC has a brushed aluminium Lian Li case and looks a shitton better than a Mac, so the differences are even smaller.

Still didn't cost as much as a Mac either.

It's funny how the "I'm a Mac" ads portrayed PC's as only good for boring spreadsheets while the Macs have all the fun. Guess they forgot about all the PC games...

I know I'd rather play DayZ than Angry Birds or Tap Tap Revenge.

Actually my '£1000 PC tower with stupid blue flashing LEDs' could just as easily be a Mac. Lets face it, the only thing that differentiates the two is brushed aluminium, a 'warranty void if opened' sticker and a good £500-£1000. More power to you if you like using Macs, but the only thing 'unique' about a Mac purchase is the operating system - which you can run on a PC anyway. Stop pretending any of the hardware is somehow superior.

Can't tell if trolling or...

Different industries.

You could argue that a PC can do the same things as a Mac, just as you can argue a Mac does the same things as a PC.

That's really all there is too it.

I would argue they're protables are higher quality though, I really don't think anyone would deny that.

I can't find a laptop comparable to a MBP or MBA in quality, and certainly not for less money.

It's funny how the "I'm a Mac" ads portrayed PC's as only good for boring spreadsheets while the Macs have all the fun. Guess they forgot about all the PC games...

I know I'd rather play DayZ than Angry Birds or Tap Tap Revenge.

There's a large number of mac owners who just flaunt there wares and browse facebook, most people however are doing graphic work and video production.

People are only clinging to PC's because of legacy software needs and gaming.

Trust me, in 10 years it'll be Lixus distros and OS X, windows will be a strinking minority.

Look. Find me a PC that runs Logic Pro and I'll give you a songwriter/producer that will use one. Many of the top writers/producers in the world use Logic Pro for composition and most of the big production houses use Macs exclusively also to run Pro Tools and other Avid gear. Macs are toys/easy to use/whatever but for some they serve a definite purpose. Yes I know Pro Tools runs on PC - but most reputable studios in the world run Macs and only Macs.

For games? I used bootcamp on my MBP and the game runs on about 30fps on 1920x1200 with medium/high settings and better with a lower res. I'd recommend bootcamp because WINE doesn't yet support DX11 I believe and there's no definitive time line for when it will.

• Like 1

Trust me, in 10 years it'll be Lixus distros and OS X, windows will be a strinking minority.

Because nobody has been saying this for the last 20 years.

• Like 1

Mac: It does the same your PC does, for double the price!

Also, I'd easily get an alienware or thinkpad over a MBP anyday.

Different industries.

You could argue that a PC can do the same things as a Mac, just as you can argue a Mac does the same things as a PC.

That's really all there is too it.

I would argue they're protables are higher quality though, I really don't think anyone would deny that.

I can't find a laptop comparable to a MBP or MBA in quality, and certainly not for less money.

Different industries? That just happen to overlap in every conceivable way?

Their portables are nice, yes - but still overpriced. You have plenty of snazzy ultrabooks to choose from. What I will say for them though is that I like that the step they're taking with 2880x1800 displays. The consumer PC market has stagnated with the same old low, 16:9 resolutions for no real good reason.

Edited by Fidels