Sign in to follow this  
killingwillum

Why I help unarmed players

Because they are not a threat. They are survivors like me and giving them a makarov an some basic supplies that I don't need will help them stay alive. Why do I do this? It's not to make myself feel better. It's not to help them kill me.... Which might happen. It's to prove to them that there is another way to survive. Not by ripping things from others but by bringing together those who will do good. It may be lost on a lot of players but those that it isn't lost on will think twice before killing without remorse.

• Like 13

That's my philosophy as well... evanglise the coast! So far noone has betrayed me and my friend, but we're very cautious.

• Like 1

I find it amazing that a topic about killing unarmed survivors gets 168 posts but this one only gets one.................

• Like 1

What some people don't realize is that at one point they had to start out fresh, too, but don't take that into concept when going all out on someone that probably just ran 100km from the beach to try and find some beans because they were starving.

I did it once before, then more people joined and we had a group of 4 people.

And best of it was that I didn't get an axe straight trough my spine :)

I've tried this but people won't take my stuff. Its weird..

First guy runs into a building surprising me and I unload on him with my pistol. I wounded him pretty bad but he doesn't die, and once I notice he is unarmed I apologized and offered to give him my gun. He refused and left.

Another time a similar thing happened in a barn. We both had guns but didn't shot at each other. Instead we both just picked a side and stating looting, until the other guy ran down the stairs to fast and broke his leg. I come over to give him some morphine and he says don't bother, and if I wouldn't mind just kill him.

If you think about it. Going to the beach with a few extra items and waiting for some one to spawn may be a great way to recruite some one to be your buddy. Think about it. You die and wake up on the beach. There is a man standing there and he begins talking to you. Next thing you know he is giving you a weapon, some magazines, and other things that will help you out. It's like having the beginning NPC that isn't an idiot to be there and help you out.

• Like 3

Yap I do it regularly too, well not regularly since im usually up north, but when I do meet unarmed player he usually gets my sidearm and a grenade.

5 or 6 people so far, no backstabs what so ever, so either im lucky or people are actually not muderer scumbags..or both..

Because they are not a threat. They are survivors like me and giving them a makarov an some basic supplies that I don't need will help them stay alive. Why do I do this? It's not to make myself feel better. It's not to help them kill me.... Which might happen. It's to prove to them that there is another way to survive. Not by ripping things from others but by bringing together those who will do good. It may be lost on a lot of players but those that it isn't lost on will think twice before killing without remorse.

You got my beans for obvious reason sir. In matter of fact I was thinking to make a ''sell thread'' to give away a ghillie suit but I'd much prefer to give it away to you for free as I don't care for it anyways.

If interested PM me.

Yeah, sure, buddy!

9/10 times it will end up getting you killed.

Your new nickname is Upham!

I find it amazing that a topic about killing unarmed survivors gets 168 posts but this one only gets one.................

Because everyone is taking a huge crap in that topic dude! cheerz! You can have my beanz good sir

Yap I do it regularly too, well not regularly since im usually up north, but when I do meet unarmed player he usually gets my sidearm and a grenade.

5 or 6 people so far, no backstabs what so ever, so either im lucky or people are actually not muderer scumbags..or both..

I have two ghillies that I found today and I apprechiate nonscumbeg players like you guys.PM me if you care for one. Absolutely free and free of any trolling ;)

Yeah, sure, buddy!

9/10 times it will end up getting you killed.

Your new nickname is Upham!

Thats a nice statistics you got there, did you test it out yourself?

I for example have been testing this out, and its not remotely close to 9/10

What a load of crap.

They are not a threat? How about after you gave them a gun? And don't tell me they still aren't. The most efficient way of gearing up after respawning is killing someone who's already equipped with the first weapon you find. I've had people chase me with axes just to try to get my m4.

Do you really expect me to believe they don't shoot you the moment you give them your gun? Unarmed people check your backpack for weapons if you let them too close, take it and shoot you in the back of the head the moment you turn around.

If someone would give me a gun I'd shoot them and take their shit. Why? Because I don't have to look for loot anymore, I've already found everything I needed and saved myself around an hour of scavenging. It has nothing to do with being an asshole or getting frags. It's just the most efficient way of gearing up, which this game puts pressure on. You don't want people to do that? Change the mechanics. Give me a reason not to kill you because I have none at the moment. And no, I don't care that you've spend hours getting your stuff. I don't care about the pixels some guy I've met on the internet collected. And I don't expect or demand other people to care for my pixels.

And I have a good laugh from people playing "the hard mode". Making up rules of engagement because the game is just too damn easy if you don't put yourself in danger intentionally. Why not play a "hard mode" without backpack or only crawl.

Edited by SillySil

I don't fire on unarmed players, unless:

1.) They watch me for a long period, in which case they are probably giving out my position to their own teammate, whom is now attempting to flank or ambush me.

2.) They lead zombies towards me, which to me is the same as running at me with an axe.

Otherwise, killing unarmed players gives me no real loot for my bullet(s) spent, and gives away my location to any passerby.

If an unarmed player follows me around, I usually pay them no mind, but I wouldn't hand them a gun unless I, too, am a fresh spawn. If I just died, what's the worst that can happen? They reset my spawn point?

What a load of crap.

They are not a threat? How about after you gave them a gun? And don't tell me they still aren't. The most efficient way of gearing up after respawning is killing someone who's already equipped with the first weapon you find. I've had people chase me with axes just to try to get my m4.

Do you really expect me to believe they don't shoot you the moment you give them your gun? Unarmed people check your backpack for weapons if you let them too close, take it and shoot you in the back of the head the moment you turn around.

If someone would give me a gun I'd shoot them and take their shit. Why? Because I don't have to look for loot anymore, I've already found everything I needed and saved myself around an hour of scavenging. It has nothing to do with being an asshole or getting frags. It's just the most efficient way of gearing up, which this game puts pressure on. You don't want people to do that? Change the mechanics. Give me a reason not to kill you because I have none at the moment. And no, I don't care that you've spend hours getting your stuff. I don't care about the pixels some guy I've met on the internet collected. And I don't expect or demand other people to care for my pixels.

And I have a good laugh from people playing "the hard mode". Making up rules of engagement because the game is just too damn easy if you don't put yourself in danger intentionally. Why not play a "hard mode" without backpack or only crawl.

So your saying that If some one was giving you all the stuff you need out of the kindness of their heart you would still kill them and steal their stuff... even though they just saved you that hour of work that you claim you kill people to avoid. Your defense in why you kill inocents is that you hate looting and trying to survive in a game designed to simulate trying to survive........ have you ever considered that one day when the world does go to shit, your going to be one of the people where good people don't do anything when your about to die...and then feel no remorse about letting you die...

Edited by killingwillum

I do wish people would stop claiming that what people behave like in game, is somehow indicative of their character in real life.. It really is a silly argument if you actually take a moment to think about it..

The fact that someone feels no remorse about killing your game character and stealing your pretend food, does not mean he would kill someone in real life.. People need to start grasping this..

Unless i'm the one who is oblivious here and people are just intensely role playing and extending it to the forums... In that case, carry on...

What a load of crap.

Are you an asshole in real life too?

So your saying that If some one was giving you all the stuff you need out of the kindness of their heart you would still kill them and steal their stuff... even though they just saved you that hour of work that you claim you kill people to avoid.

What? If you'd give me all the things I want then I'd have no reason to do kill you.

But how many sets of good primary guns, good bags, tools, food/water and medical supplies do you have? It's a purely hypothetical situation. But yeah, if I had nothing to gain by killing you, then I wouldn't do it, since I know you're not a threat and you have nothing I want, there is just no reason to kill you.

Your defense in why you kill inocents is that you hate looting and trying to survive in a game designed to simulate trying to survive........

The game is designed so I have to find things. But there is a way of getting them more efficient than scavenging. I'm not going around the mechanic. You make it sound like I'm exploiting. I'm still getting all the things that I'm supposed to look for. I'm following the mechanic flawlessly.

have you ever considered that one day when the world does go to shit, your going to be one of the people where good people don't do anything when your about to die...and then feel no remorse about letting you die...

Lets go compare killing someone's virtual avatar to real life murder. It's a video game that doesn't simulate morality and I don't feel any compassion towards your pixels. I wouldn't kill anyone for selfish reasons (except when defending my own life) in real life but I have no problem killing you in game. Why? Because I don't consider it immoral to kill your virtual character. And why should I?

You want morality in this game? Then it has to be ingame. Don't expect people to have feeling for someone else's pixels.

Are you an asshole in real life too?

No, actually I'm a very nice guy and I often go out of my way to help people that I don't even know. The difference is, it affects their life, not their virtual pixels that they can turn off at any moment.

Edited by SillySil

That's my philosophy as well... evanglise the coast! So far noone has betrayed me and my friend, but we're very cautious.

Wish I could say when me and my friend helped a random guy getting shot at, then let him take all the gears he want from him (cause the survivor had nothing), but sadly... we were shot by him only seconds later.

First two unarmed guys I met...one stole everything from my pack, the next tried for 15 min to train zombies on me to kill me. Lesson learned.

Actually people do things ingame that they couldn't normally do in real life (like getting away with murder). Some can very easily make the distinction between killing a HUMAN BEING, and killing pixels on a screen.

Some, however, can not. These people have a warped, or super-sanity, which is not what many would call, "Normal". However, they are not really a threat to society for the most part (like all disorders, any percentage of the population is dangerous, even 'normal' people).

BUT, what you are willing to do in a game does infact show what you might be willing to do in real life, if you do not have to worry about the consequences of such actions. Is does not mean that you WILL go on a mindless killing spree because you did it in Saints Row, but it shows that if you KNEW you wouldn't be arrested, or even known by the rest of the population, there is a slim chance you might.

But, there is an equal chance of being struck by lightning 24 times, and then having a meteor fall on your head. Not likely, but possible.

If someone would give me a gun I'd shoot them and take their shit. (...) It has nothing to do with being an asshole or getting frags. It's just the most efficient way of gearing up, which this game puts pressure on.

Hate to break it to you, but that makes you an asshole. We could start a poll if you need further convincing.

Hate to break it to you, but that makes you an asshole. We could start a poll if you need further convincing.

That move would be assholish yes. But I don't kill you to "grief" you or to just be an asshole. I kill you for your gear. You didn't understand what I said.