Sign in to follow this  
fraktal

Cheating out of control

Hi,

I just started playing again after a week away from home, hop onto a server... new char....everything's fine, about 10 minutes in, starting to get some basic gear, then I get teleported by some douchebag and end up dying... Ok this happens right, I'm not gonna get mad, it's just a game blablablah :P

Well I join another server, and within 5 minutes the same shit happens again !!

Is it just really really bad luck on my part, or has it gotten THAT bad lately ? Is there something you can do, some kind of tweak I dunno, to avoid being teleported by some script ? anything ?

I really hope this does get better cause I have the feeling too many retards jump in the "Hacking" bandwagon only because they know it's not very risky...

So, what do you fuys think ?

PS : I'm not mad, I don't care if I loose my gear and stuff... it's just a damm shame they can ruin the game so much...

this is why the stand alone needs a single player mode.

Yes, yes. We all know they're out of control.

BattlEye just did a mass banwave recently, and DayZ updated. So we have limited time left before they return. This thread is way too common though.

• Like 3

Thank god someone finally made a thread about this. It's high time that it was brought to the community's attention!

• Like 3

you should have gone to Specsavers

(then you'd have noticed the other hundred identical threads already posted on the subject....)

B)

• Like 1

Agreed, this thread adds nothing to the forums. Every one is very aware of the issues and as mentioned above Battleye have just stepped up a gear and released the ban hammer. On my server last night I saw a constant stream of people being kicked and banned and also 5 minute warnings being given to people with hacked guns.

It's going to always be an issue with the mod because of it's nature, the standalone will be a different story though.

You encountered 2 hackers out of thousands of servers? Even the biggest games out there have exploit problems, hackers will never be gone. I've only seen a couple, just keeps the game balanced is all I can say.

Well it's good to see some of this scum getting kicked or banned then... I'll restart a where now and see what happens, but I don't hold my hopes up.

Oh also, what kind of characteristics do you look for on a server with minimizing the risks of encountering these lowlives in mind ?

Keep 'em coming! I know this thread is probably one among a thousand others, but if no such threads were started, the programmers wouldn't know how serious this problem is.

Anyway, if don't feel a post adds value to me, I'll just ignore it. Simple!

Oh wow thank God you brought this up. You have saved the game by doing so since noone else has ever mentioned this problem before.

/sarcasm

Oh wow thank God you brought this up. You have saved the game by doing so since noone else has ever mentioned this problem before.

/sarcasm

Oh wow, thank God for your sarcastic ridicule of the numerous hacker threads. You have saved the forum by doing so, since no one else has ever mentioned this problem before.

/sarcasm

Edited by Zarathustra

yup, shit happens bro.

(Ps. its never going to be fixed)

Oh it's not? Damn. Are you lost? Want me to show you the door? I guess what I'm really wondering is............

Why are you here?

Oh yea, quick update on the situation today.... I've been hacked killed again... The most ridiculous way !! Dude teleported all players into a field, as sheeps... yea, sheeps. Then I alt'F4'd, and get a message : you don't get ogg this easy, I remapped alt F4 to suicide... Man I oculdn't even abort from the esc menu, had to Ctrl Alt Supp it... so all in all today... hacked to death 3 times in 2 hours... awesome !!

i keep hearing / reading / seeing vids / talk to people on TS / about a lot of hacking but i must the be the luckies little %@! as in 3+ weeks i have only been hack killed twice and never turned into an animal, or thunderdomed or the like. Is it chosing less populared servers, where in the map im hiding, the gear i have or just dumb luck so far that i havnt seen more cheater and hackers and general douchebagger ?

no i am not a script kiddie - im too old and wouldnt know a arma II script if it hauled off and kicked me in the nuts ..