TheMachine

Why I kill unarmed players

from www.dayzmod.com:

how to get through a day:

step 1: scavenge

step 2: slay Zombies | Bandits

step 3 survive

where is the "kill newly spawned players"?

Show me the rule that says it's not allowed, or shut up.

You're one of those guys that probably wants safe zones and super best friends co-op play with no risk.

wow, I don't see why you have to be so hostile even on the forums. O.o

step 2: Kill Bandits

where is the "kill newly spawned players"?

I'm like Tom Cruise from Minority report -- I'm just killing new spawns before they become bandits... Except I have no precognitive abilities so I have to kill all the new spawns, just in case.

If I wasn't on the coast, there'd be more bandits in game. You should be thanking me.

Edited by itputsthelotion

I seriously doubt OP even does what he's claiming. I'm pretty sure within 2 minutes of "clearing cherno" he'd eat a round to the face and lose all this imaginary AKM ammo he needs.

Self satisfaction, DENIED. But go ahead and reply that I'm wrong. You know what you're doing.

• Like 1

I liked my classmates idea of simply nuking the Middle East to eliminate the chance of a person in that region growing up to do acts of terrorism.

I love you all so much! :thumbsup:

When you've played long enough you start to be able to tell what people are going to do by their body language.

People look shifty, wearing caps to hide their eyes and face and what appears to be ammo pouches.

It's blatantly obvious what they've up to.

You're one of those guys that probably wants safe zones and super best friends co-op play with no risk.

This is so darling coming from someone who kills unarmed players because he's so terrified of being shot.

Not telling you that you should stop doing it, just amused by the irony.

• Like 2

I agree it's a game feature that certainly needs fleshing out... Frankly though, if you're not willing to become currency in game like a £5 note than this is not the game for you.

Ever think before posting? I know NO people that play game that want to be in front of his computer while he can't do nothing because he tied and used as a currency, not fun for nobody.

''This game is not for yourself because you don't wan't to do nothing in front of your computer for 2 weeks'' is not valable...

''This game is not for yourself because you don't have balls'' is not valable (killing unarmed man IS having no ball)

''This game iz nut fur urself because you'se not a bandit shooting on sight'' is also a lame excuse...

either you and the machine are two really hungry troll, either you have too much spare time, either you don't know how game mechanincs works i don't know (i don't think never a game will allows such flawed system as you ''proposed'')

It's not been putted in Red dead redemption for this reason ''flawed'' ''let one player doing nothing but being troll''

Hope one publisher release Troll hunger : The game, so you would all go play this instead of Dayz

When you've played long enough you start to be able to tell what people are going to do by their body language.

People look shifty, wearing caps to hide their eyes and face and what appears to be ammo pouches.

It's blatantly obvious what they've up to.

can you explain, how can I get rid of my ball cap, the bandoliers, and not look shifty?

Well, if you REALLY wanna be safe and all you do is just about safety, then go in the forest, hunt animals and drink water. You will survive forever. No need to go to Chernogorsk from a strictly survival point of view once you have a hatchet, a hunting knive, matches and a water bottle. So i dont see the security argument in killing unarmed guys.

You could admit its just for fun, I dont have a problem with that, I mean its a game :) I just dont like people hiding behind a reason and acting like they are on the moral high ground when they are not.

• Like 3

Ever think before posting? I know NO people that play game that want to be in front of his computer while he can't do nothing because he tied and used as a currency, not fun for nobody.

''This game is not for yourself because you don't wan't to do nothing in front of your computer for 2 weeks'' is not valable...

''This game is not for yourself because you don't have balls'' is not valable (killing unarmed man IS having no ball)

''This game iz nut fur urself because you'se not a bandit shooting on sight'' is also a lame excuse...

either you and the machine are two really hungry troll, either you have too much spare time, either you don't know how game mechanincs works i don't know (i don't think never a game will allows such flawed system as you ''proposed'')

It's not been putted in Red dead redemption for this reason ''flawed'' ''let one player doing nothing but being troll''

Hope one publisher release Troll hunger : The game, so you would all go play this instead of Dayz

Junior, this is not the game for you. If someone tased and hog tied me, fair enough to them -- I'd go along for the ride, accept my fate and bide my time. Log in day after day until i got traded out for an AS50 and a range finder by some kindly fellow who then let me fight in the thunder dome as a gladiator in order to earn my freedom.

Hog tying would be character building.

Nah, you just don't know how to make game mechanics that's all

I love the game to death, and i,ve been able to survive long enough that's not the problem.

It's just a flawed mechanics where some player would have no fun at all.

You said you would like it and accept your fate...good for you if you like getting pee on by someone else it does not mean the majority here like that (can you understand that?)

It's a video game so we are here to PLAY not wait 6 hours because we're used as a currency. please never ever go into devlopping video game

So don't act smart and tell to people if the game is or not for this person.

Junior, this is not the game for you. If someone tased and hog tied me, fair enough to them -- I'd go along for the ride, accept my fate and bide my time. Log in day after day until i got traded out for an AS50 and a range finder by some kindly fellow who then let me fight in the thunder dome as a gladiator in order to earn my freedom.

People don't want to build character, they just want the easy way again and again.

I say, bring on the hog tying, bring on the survivor trade.

Surely it'd be a reality in a real end of the world scenario.

It's a video game so we are here to PLAY not wait 6 hours because we're used as a currency. please never ever go into devlopping video game

Trust me, if I ran the hog tied survivor trade it'd be a heck of a lot more efficient than 6 hours.

We'd have you bartered out in 20 minutes for beans and guns.

Don't be so reactionary all the time, wait and see what it's going to be like before you dismiss it.

Seriously, junior, how do you know you won't like it if you haven't been hog tied before? On the main site it says you need balls to play this game, I suggest you grow a pair and get used to being hog tied.

I know of a few more fun things that are character builders :P.

Edited by Orthus

what after i,m hog tied? what if the person you sold me to stop playing the game? i'm tied forever? What if you find no buyer ever? is there a way to untied myself after x amount of time?

explain more of this mechanic.

If it can make you actually try and take the RISK to go near an UNARMED player instead of just popping him from 400 meter because his mean look on his face his treatening you all right then.

but the mechanic need to be near godamn perfect, if you don't want the hogtied player delog and never log back because of a flawed mechaninc that give him no pleasure when he play (if waiting for you is a pleasure, i can always used your service like in hospital and such, you wait t'ill it's my turn you call me and i show up)

what after i,m hog tied? what if the person you sold me to stop playing the game? i'm tied forever? What if you find no buyer ever? is there a way to untied myself after x amount of time?

If it can make you actually try and take the RISK to go near an UNARMED player instead of just popping him from 400 meter because his mean look on his face his treatening you all right then.

but the mechanic need to be near godamn perfect, if you don't want the hogtied player delog and never log back because of a flawed mechaninc that give him no pleasure when he play (if waiting for you is a pleasure, i can always used your service like in hospital and such, you wait t'ill it's my turn you call me and i show up)

You'd hogtie unconscious players, they could only be released by someone with a hunting knife and they could only tactical roll very slowly.

Of course if left for a sufficient amount of time they'd die of hunger.

Hence you'd need to mouse over and 'feed' your hogtied survivors.

Seriously, junior, how do you know you won't like it if you haven't been hog tied before? On the main site it says you need balls to play this game, I suggest you grow a pair and get used to being hog tied.

coming from someone who kill unarmed people iiiish.....you should grow a pair first dude. your all about insulting while i'm about talking? what's your problem? someone shit in your cereal today?

you keep telling people to grow ball, that this game is not for them? who are you? are you the manlyest man on earth so no one can have opinion on your judgment? why all the hate when someone don't share your view?

And you certainly have alot of...character sir.

Edit** Also about the whole ballz thing anyway, I was very unaware I as a man, with balls, had to give to shits about showing you how much of a big balled prick I can be to prove a damn thing, I click my mouse n press keys too, ogeez, I got biggg ballz :D

Edited by Ash_Lee
  • Like 2

I agree the idea needs to be more fleshed out, like allowing to ziptie player's hands. Also I would like to see how hog tieing players would be useful besides for just a slave trade.

You'd hogtie unconscious players, they could only be released by someone with a hunting knife and they could only tactical roll very slowly.

Of course if left for a sufficient amount of time they'd die of hunger.

Hence you'd need to mouse over and 'feed' your hogtied survivors.

And wouldn't players just log out when they can, and have a friend rescue them?

Edited by Orthus

Personally, I have fucked up a few times and killed a noob because from afar his flashlight looked like a pistol (Which I always lack). Last night I went around and picked up new guys in my truck and drove them places and gave them food etc. No weapons though, I dont wanna get shot in the head.

• Like 1

:<

Personally, I have fucked up a few times and killed a noob because from afar his flashlight looked like a pistol (Which I always lack). Last night I went around and picked up new guys in my truck and drove them places and gave them food etc. No weapons though, I dont wanna get shot in the head.

Where where you all those cold dark nights my bicycle got a flat or broken chain??? lol

I'd be willing to bet you're NOT:

a ) a douchebag in real life

b ) a person with lots of anger and resentment in real life

Some people have no other outlets to work out their issues, so they come online where they're not powerless!

j/k... kinda...

I'm still waiting to come across another player that I can team up with. So far everytime I see another survivor, I say "friendly" and then the guns get to clappin'. I think it'll be easier when I get my mic setup, but it'd still be nice to have someone to run around with.

Edited by adversity

Its because you know the second they find a weapon and can fight back, you won't be able to kill them.

• Like 1