FreedomTea

1.6.0 Clothing Change Swimming Bug

Date/Time: 27/05/2012, 2:20pm GMT, post 1.6.0 Release

What happened: After picking up and putting on camo clothing from the floor, water was poured on me as if i were submerged. I then began swimming on the shop floor. The game then dropped my items and deleted my pack. I had to disconnect and reconnect to fix it.

Where you were: Zelenogorsk shop, behind the isle nearest the wall.

What you were doing: Put on "Camo Clothing".

*Current installed version: 1.6.0

*Server(s) you were on: EU5

*Your system specs: Geforce 480GTX, Intel Q6600 2.4ghx quad, 8gb DDR2 Ram @ 877mhz, Windows 7 64 bit.

*Timeline of events before/after error: Logged straight in, went into shop, then the events occured.

If you are in swiming animation, wait a few minutes and then it should return to normal. Try moving around during this time or dropping gear and picking it up.

But i'll see if I can isolate a fix for it.

Thanks rocket, just happened again - this time in Vibor. I lost my inventory (but put my alice pack of stuff down before trying the clothes... learnt from last time)

I instantly DC'd from the server, returned and I am in some sort of debug ocean, and it wont remove me from it.

Picture of us all having a grand time in debug ocean:

2012-05-27_00002.jpg

Unfortunately I am now stuck here, leaving server, restarting etc keeps me in the ocean. Slowly losing temperature.

If you are in swiming animation' date=' wait a few minutes and then it should return to normal. Try moving around during this time or dropping gear and picking it up.

But i'll see if I can isolate a fix for it.

[/quote']

Wouldn't an easy fix be displaying a prompt saying "You skin will be changed upon your next connection." and flagging the player profile to be changed avoid the issue at hand entirely?

Same thing happened to me also in Zelenogorsk shop when I changed into Gillie Suit.

I was able to swim to the main door of the building and when I went outside I popped up on the street. I was then able to go back to where I lost all my inventory and pick it all back up.

[attachment=542]

[attachment=543]

Date/Time: 5 minutes before this post was made.

What happened:I found a camo outfit in a shop and equipt it, i fell trew the floor and starting to swim. I could not get back on the floor so I disconected.

Once I was back in the game, I was still swimming.

I managed to get back up by selecting my side arm.

After that i saw a "surviver" but it was just a NPC, standing there doing nothing.

It had my backpack, with all my stuff in it. But not my weapons ( see pictures below).

Where you were:Inside the shop, Berezino north.

What you were doing:Putting on the camo outfit.

*Current installed version:1.6.1

*Server(s) you were on:NL4

*Your system specs:I7920, Nvidia GTX 560 TI

*Timeline of events before/after error:Prone trew Berezino until i reached to shop.

ArmA2OA2012-05-2810-04-05-87.jpg

ArmA2OA2012-05-2810-04-50-00.jpg

Date/Time: May 29th about an hour before this post.

What happened: Walking around Rog castle with 2 of my friends. Find a guille suit. Move north so we are almost exactly in between Msta and Rog. I give my guille suit to one of my friends and he gives his camo to me. When I put on the camo, it did a brief "lag" bit then had me in my camo. However, my two friends and I could see my old model swimming halfway through the ground. It seemed like we could have looted my backpack but didn't. I disconnected and then reconnected but found myself in the middle of the ocean with some other chaps. I then attempted to reconnect to several other servers to try and see if it was just wonky on that one, but with no luck.

What you were doing: Putting on the camo outfit.

*Current installed version:1.6.1

*Server you were on: Dallas 25

*Your system specs: Intel Duo Core, 8800 GTS

*Timeline of events before/after error: Walking around with friends all fine and dandy. Then multiple attempts at relogging.

Date/Time: Saturday, June 9th, 5:20pm

What happened: I got disconnected, and when I reconnected I was spawned in the middle of an ocean and with no gear as far as I could tell.

Where you were: Berezino, in a SuperMarket.

What you were doing: Scavanging the SuperMarket for supplies; I found a Camo pack and put it on, leading to me being disconnected from the server soon after.

Current installed version: 1.7, without the Beta Patch

Server(s) you were on: Unknown Russian server, and after reconnecting a German one.

----

I'm wondering since I have lost my gear, would there be a rollback if possible? Or is it going to be a "Its an Alpha, shit happens, deal with it"?

Any help would be appreciated.

can anyone tell me if this has been fixed, i want to put my camo on but i dont want to lose all my stuff

Date/Time: 10/6/12 3:30pm GMT12+

What happened: logged back in to discover myself in the ocean

Where you were: Originally 250m NE of Pulkovo

What you were doing: Logging out, however I had earlier put on a camo suit and I've heard this can cause this.

*Current installed version: 1.7

*Server(s) you were on: TX21

*Your system specs: i7 920 3.2ghz, ati HD7870, 6 gig gskill trichannel ram.

*Timeline of events before/after error: Not a whole lot, put on camo, ran 2-3 KM... logged off in a forrest... upon logging back in I discovered myself in the ocean...

I logged off 5 seconds later as I didn't want to lose items from my pack, changed server to see if that would make a difference, but it didn't... in game name is the same as my forum name.

Just reporting another incident of this for the powers that be.

Date/Time: June 9th

What happened: Found Ghillie suit, wore it, took it off, put it back on, logged out, logged in, appeared in the ocean

Where you were: Outside of Rog castle

What you were doing: Looting / exploring with friends.

*Current installed version: 1.7

*Server(s) you were on: UK24

*Your system specs: Dell L1701x laptop //i7-2670QM//8GB RAM//GeForce GT 555m

*Timeline of events before/after error: Entered castle, left castle, went towards guardhouse, saw package on the stone under the arch, took it, put on ghillie suit, went to castle, left castle, took off ghillie suit, put on ghillie suit, lost connection, logged back in, started swimming in ocean.

Had a full kit, Czech pack, full ammo, lee enfield, .45 revolver, lots of extras. I can try and remember all that I had if it's useful for debugging somehow.

the "cammo suit" bug has NOT been fixed.

this is the second time that this has happened in 2 weeks. I am on 1.7. version but no difference, I am respawning in the water every time.

I have a lot of gucci gear and I am worried that I will lose it. rocket's fix does not work for me.

the strange thing is that I had already been through this before, and I got some help...now all my PMs are suddenly missing.

please advise.

EDIT: i got the news and see where my PM has gone. also understand that some staff might be a bit busy at the moment. still. when someone can give me there PM to hit on this issue I will send my player id.

happy hunting.

every time i put a suit, play nice, diconect, when i login again i me at ocean =(

confirmed 1.7.0 with arma2 beta 9361. this afternoon i put on civilian clothing. i did lag out and log in again to the same server (ny17), then a friend came on and logged into a different server (forget which). just now (several hours after) logging in to ny22 was dumped in the ocean next to two people wearing ghillie suits and im pretty sure another guy wearing civilian. couldn't move anywhere if i wanted.

it makes me feel like it is on purpose (shifting into maximum overtroll, etc) which would be pretty funny. what coordinates is this ocean on the map? is it a debug area? logging in says 'Wilderness'.

i can see land in one direction, and by the sun (it's cloudy) i'm mostly sure it's in the west. it doesn't look like any coordinates like 0x,0y or similar.

everyone still has their packs which is strange because in water for that long there's no way, but primary inventory and even secondary weapon/ammo is all gone. pulling items from other peoples packs deletes them right away.

this is the last time, never wearing clothing again until i see confirmed reports of them working again.

can A MODERATOR please PM me so we can look at restoring my profile?

otherwise I cannot play the game at all - I keep on going swimming - and if possible it would be nice to have my own profile back!

so please looking forward to a PM so I can pass on my ID number...

otherwise I cannot play the game at all - I keep on going swimming - and if possible it would be nice to have my own profile back!

Contrary to popular belief moderators cannot do anything server/game related. They are just that - moderators (on the forum)

Topics like these are silly, no one will do anything but chuckle at them.

No one should be putting new skins on, until rocket decides he wants to work again and stops soaking up all the fame...

Contrary to popular belief moderators cannot do anything server/game related. They are just that - moderators (on the forum)

actually, i had my profile restored by one of the DayZ staff. well partially anyway.

unfortunately all my private messages disappeared with the server hack, and the original post that led me to id the relevant staff member disappeared as well.

so still waiting for that PM...

Just experienced this no less than 20 mins ago.

changed to camo clothes. When i logged in i was in grid 98-17.

So after the long swim back to the shore, all my weapons, nvg, and pouch items - including antibiotics were gone.

I was on server DE37,

I have a video of it occuring:

http://www.livestream.com/dayzquestforbeans/video?clipId=pla_187da90b-f355-4b32-91d8-fafbf7037e1b&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

approximately 34 minutes in.

I wouldnt be so upset, but i have no weapons spare a frag grenade and nvg and antibiotics are pretty damn rare.

I dunno if this can be fixed, just another person saying dont pick up camo clothes.

Same problem

Date/Time:

11.06.12, 18:23 +7 UTC (Novosibirsk) and then 12.06.12 many times (17:19 and later).

What happened:

Found after logging in in the ocean.

Where you were:

Electrozavodsk, top of fire station tower. EU38. Then in the ocean.

What you were doing:

I weared Camo Clothing, then disconnected from game and changed face in Player Profile. When I logged in next day - I found myself in long ocean.

*Current installed version:

First I installed 1.7.0 manually, after problem I reinstalled DayZ Mod by 1.6.0.1 (as say torrent files).

*Server(s) you were on:

EU38, then tried on some another (EU64 and other).