Gooseguy312

Why not allow all players to script/kill each other at will?

Anyway,

there are a lot of people who feel the same way you do, but by adding that function you suggested in the game will only ruin it. The Dev team are doing everything they can to fix the script-issues, and if you've seen the BattleEye update, over 11,000 people have been banned because of this. Most of us have been bitten by a hacker or two before.

Rather than it being DayZ's fault, it's the poor hacking prevention in the original Arma II engine.

I don't think thats necesarily true. There are ways to defeat hackers through the mod if the devs would just sit down and think a bit. Heres some pseudocode they can use which I doubt they will as such thinking might be a bit out of their league... And they can complain the engine is restricting... if they are really doing programming, there's ALWAYS a work around, a solution... maybe not what they want but it's there, now if they think its worth it to find it is another question.

if( ( player.currentPosition == InAir ) && ( player.lastPosition == OnGround )

{

//Obviously teleported to middle of the air

player.setPosition( player.lastPosition );

}

Rocket.. Release the arma 3 dayz now and shut these players up (include me )

He's making it a standalone...

No need for Arma 3

Once you realize that DayZ is just testing grounds for a much bigger and better game that is a standalone, you can get past the hacking and cheap gameplay some players choose to dabble in on DayZ. you paid 30 bucks to be apart of something bigger than just a mod. sorry you lost your crap loot and have to start again. :)

+1

To OP,

As Rocket has said himself, this mod is a testing ground for his concept. You are getting a sneak peak of the greatness that is to come from the success of this test. Quit bitching on the forums like a kid whose mommy took their candy away.

It's a part of the game you silly little noob, if you can't handle the perma death, go play counter strike ze_ XD

Hacking aint part of the FUCKING game. My weekend was just fucked by hackers.
  • Like 1

Lol, I love reading posts in wrong areas, first off. And most of all, I love hearing all the QQ posts from teenagers about getting killed by hacks.

Survival: If you Expect everyone to play fair, you are already doomed from the Start.

The WarZ Isn't going to much better, Hackers are in Every game. And If they choose to use the same Cheat protection service as WAR Inc. You'll be complaining just as hard on their forums, as you are here now.

My Advice: Get over it. Move on to another server. And start over.

The countless times I've been dispatched by a hacker.. I reported the incident, and moved on. I suggest you do too, Unless you really have nothing better to do with your time. In that case, I suggest..maybe a job? or a hobby...lol

Seriously, get the hell over it.

Survival: If you Expect everyone to play fair, you are already doomed from the Start.

You want to explain the presence of the first word in that dumbshit statement Darth Vader?

As far as your highlighted advice to get over it. I did, along with 40 other people who were thunderdomed, 8 times in two days, last Sat and Sun for the disturbing pleasure some ignorant person got. Are you old enough to ever have had a ruined weekend btw? Monday i tried playing for 5 hours, I could only play for a half hour. Thats pretty major....and I doubt I care about playing as much as younger people.

FYI: telling people to get over it is like telling a sick person *retarted voice* "Hey, get better ok?". So maybe leave the thinking to

Creepy pic btw...

My god, you sound like a little kiddy having a tantrum. I tell you what, we'll all continue playing this truely awesome, refreshing 'BETA' mod & you can sell you ARMA 2 CO & go somewhere else, no please, do us all a favour.

Or you could spend hours & hours of your own time coming up with something better.

Are you old enough to ever have had a ruined weekend btw? Monday i tried playing for 5 hours, I could only play for a half hour. Thats pretty major....and I doubt I care about playing as much as younger people.

Hahaha

Oh, them First World Problems

Edited by Warped_Jack

Monday i tried playing for 5 hours, I could only play for a half hour. Thats pretty major....

No it isn't. You know what would be pretty major? Having a hacker steal your bank details and then use them to hire thugs to come round your house and force you to fire a lee enfield in the middle of cherno, then break your legs. In real life.

• Like 1

On a side note, I hope Warz beta opens soon, and this game will fall into the obscurity it belongs in. Would neg that cheeky Rocket irl for adding this broken game to such a sought-after genre.

It doesn't.. WarZ is a piece of lazy ass work, they won't be done by any time soon, besides, they aven't even released the alpha yet, so there will be even more bugs and things like this when it gets released so get used to it

People keep forgetting that this is in ALPHA. There are going to be a lot of things that the dev team have stated that are going to help combat hackers. It's just not able to be put in place because of the fact that this is based on the relatively open ARMA 2.