Gooseguy312

Why not allow all players to script/kill each other at will?

That way the devs of this game don't have to pretend they are doing anything about the rampant hacking/scripting that is taking place, and can just fix this problem without any real effort being put in.

I had finally found all the weapons i wanted and a ghillie suit, when all of a sudden i hop to a server where the hacker instant /kills everyone with no warning. All the time spent into acquiring that gear, gone because some nerd wanted attention on a videogame.

I don't see a point to really playing this game anymore without being able to script items in. Not gonna drive everywhere around a map collecting stuff, to get instantly killed by some dork for no reason.

On a side note, I hope Warz beta opens soon, and this game will fall into the obscurity it belongs in. Would neg that cheeky Rocket irl for adding this broken game to such a sought-after genre.

Edited by Gooseguy312
  • Like 1

i hop to a server where the hacker instant /kills everyone with no warning.

Server hoppers deserve to be script killed IMO. Hacking is a problem but dissing the devs because you had a bad experience won't get you or the community anywhere. Try being more constructive maybe.

• Like 1

Server hoppers deserve to be script killed IMO. Hacking is a problem but dissing the devs because you had a bad experience won't get you or the community anywhere. Try being more constructive maybe.

Can you please explain that logic? i don't get it

• Like 1

I'd suggest posting your experience and explaining how it affects you as new player without calling out the people who made the game, saying it deserves to fade into obscurity and threatening to leave in favor of some make believe hyped up bullshit, quest giving, smurf game.

I think he has the wrong idea. You used the word 'hop', when you meant 'go into a server' right? Server hopping is the disgraceful act of dodging danger or re-trying loot by switching between servers.

Anyway,

there are a lot of people who feel the same way you do, but by adding that function you suggested in the game will only ruin it. The Dev team are doing everything they can to fix the script-issues, and if you've seen the BattleEye update, over 11,000 people have been banned because of this. Most of us have been bitten by a hacker or two before.

Rather than it being DayZ's fault, it's the poor hacking prevention in the original Arma II engine.

If you can bare with it a little longer, the stand alone version of the game will be released in due time, and you'll be able to enjoy the game without these script-kiddies ruining hours of work.

Losing your shit because of hackers sucks ball's sure. But people have to understand, this mods is what 4/5 months old. Rocket is the only guy that writes code(as far as I am aware) and I think he possibly has a couple of other guys on-board doing stuff now.

It will be addressed but it takes time. Christ games developed inside Activision/Ea, who have hundreds of people working on them, still suffer from hacking. So a little understanding is in order in this regard.

Plus creating threads and moaning about it only gives the hackers the satisfaction they desire. The problem is known about and is being addressed. Just have some patience,

And always remember. Day Z is still in Alpha.

Some of you may want to Google alpha game development.

Edited by Po1ymorph
  • Like 1

I'd suggest posting your experience and explaining how it affects you as new player without calling out the people who made the game, saying it deserves to fade into obscurity and threatening to leave in favor of some make believe hyped up bullshit, quest giving, smurf game.

I just did explain it, wat are u even talking about, u are a moron. And i don't want ur stupid suggestions, so do me a favor and can it.

I just did explain it, wat are u even talking about, u are a moron. And i don't want ur stupid suggestions, so do me a favor and can it.

You can lead a horse to water....

Enjoy your public schooling Zoro.

• Like 1

So basically I got this out of it:

Screw you people for trying to give me a free/fun experience. How dare you do that. You should make me a lot of promises you can't keep like this other game that rips this off and came out of nowhere overnight!

• Like 1

So basically I got this out of it:

Screw you people for trying to give me a free/fun experience. How dare you do that. You should make me a lot of promises you can't keep like this other game that rips this off and came out of nowhere overnight!

Dayz isn't free, i had to pay 30$ for arma 2 to play it. If it was free, i'd be paying 0$ to be able to play.

From what i understand also, War z was actually in production before this came out.

So awful of that hacker to kill you without warning. He totally should've sent some kind of message, telling you he was gonna do it.

That way the devs of this game don't have to pretend they are doing anything about the rampant hacking/scripting that is taking place, and can just fix this problem without any real effort being put in.

I had finally found all the weapons i wanted and a ghillie suit, when all of a sudden i hop to a server where the hacker instant /kills everyone with no warning. All the time spent into acquiring that gear, gone because some nerd wanted attention on a videogame.

I don't see a point to really playing this game anymore without being able to script items in. Not gonna drive everywhere around a map collecting stuff, to get instantly killed by some dork for no reason.

On a side note, I hope Warz beta opens soon, and this game will fall into the obscurity it belongs in. Would neg that cheeky Rocket irl for adding this broken game to such a sought-after genre.

It's a part of the game you silly little noob, if you can't handle the perma death, go play counter strike ze_ XD

Dayz isn't free, i had to pay 30$ for arma 2 to play it. If it was free, i'd be paying 0$ to be able to play.

From what i understand also, War z was actually in production before this came out.

you just said it, you paid for ArmA... you didn't pay anything for the mod. well, feel free to leave this mod, leave us a better community without you :-)

• Like 1

You sir are what we by definition call an idiot.

Since when is this a game, its a mod placed over another game. All rocket do are work on the mod. He can't do anything about the originals security. Also this MOD are in alpha stage so grow some balls.

Warz ain't even close to this game. This is a sandbox game not a retarded kids game. We make our content, in warz the devs decide what you should do. Why do you think wow works so good? Kids theese days have no imagination. Forgot to ask. Ever played a game in alpha? I don't think so....

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Edited by Alucardi
  • Like 1

Once you realize that DayZ is just testing grounds for a much bigger and better game that is a standalone, you can get past the hacking and cheap gameplay some players choose to dabble in on DayZ. you paid 30 bucks to be apart of something bigger than just a mod. sorry you lost your crap loot and have to start again. :)

• Like 3

So awful of that hacker to kill you without warning. He totally should've sent some kind of message, telling you he was gonna do it.

he couldve had some balls and teleported people into a deathmatch scenario with him.

Dunno wats up with just /insta deathing everyone.

I often times kinda laugh at this whole server hopping BS. . . It reminds me a lot of the whole argument over Bandits having some simple ID tagged to them rather it be a bandana or something else.

Some things that seem to be forgotten about with players may be going to another server because of. . .

1.) performance issues with the first server they picked aka lag. Rather that be because someone just logged in and is using kite string and cans for a f'ing modem. Or the server is having other latency / interface issues. In otherwords maybe the admid bumped it up and it just can not process that many players with out issues.

2.) it's night and they CAN'T SEE

3.) their regular server hasn't been updated or is down for some reason.

4.) the server they like to be on is full.

5.) hackers have invaded the server

6.) their friends have gone to a different server and they want to be with them.

7.) others I might have missed?

These questions I feel need to be asked. . . For all the challenge the skript kiddies seem to think that makes DayZ . . . And all the bawling about how unchallenging it is . . Well which is it going to be? Use hacks to make the game super easy mode? Or actually try to survive DAYZ as it stands? If some of you feel that strongly about server hopping then hunt the player with in the mechanics DAYZ has!

Sorry folks but sometimes I just don't understand why someone who runs scripts think their justified in doing so in any fashion and for any reason PERIOD.

I think the OP is just expressing their frustration with those running hacks. I don't agree attacking the mod's designers or the mod is the way to go though.

But over all the general rule is NEVER BECOME ATTACHED TO YOUR LOOT. And time and time again many here that frequent this forum ARE WAY TO ATTACHED TO 'THEIR' LOOT even if the loot in on some other F'ing server and hasn't been looted yet?!??!

Edited by Who cares?
  • Like 2

I'm looking into my crystal ball..... I see... you... here... a month after War Z fails to deliver.... you've raged about paying for a game that should have been free to play..... you.. Wait, does the name Paul Christoforo mean anything to you? He wants me to give you a message. He says "Don't do it. You'll regret it like all of the people that bought into my scam." He's crying...

I lost him. Sorry, the visions are gone.

• Like 4

hay dude i dnt know why your crying its alpha, what were u expecting? do you know what alpha means to a game? obviously not and iv seen a few piks for warz it looks like it appeals to noobs like you where you can create multiple characters and just do pve and have some gay experience bars and skill tree. so yea have fun in warz where the only way to die in the game would b to jump off a building. somthing u should consider OOOOOOOOOOOOO in ur woodland face