jefe4life

Robin Hood the Anti-Hacker Hacker.

I know it is kind of hard to take in but bare with me.

I have been getting killed by countless hackers. Dropped from the sky, turned into a goat, thunder dome, invisible, god mode, parachuting cows/bus, bear traps.. you name it. until yesterday.

I met Robin Hood the Anti-Hacker hacker. I was having a horrible day in a server getting killed by abusing hackers when out of nowhere Robin Hood teleported to me and said "Are you a victim of a hacker? I replied yes hes been killing everyone on the server.

I proceeded to give him the hackers name and I kid you not, he some how was killing the dick head hacker (that had god mode) over and over and over until he left the server.

He then Ported everyone to his location began reimbursing people with standard gear as retribution to the shit we had to deal with then ported us all back to our normal locations.

The last words I heard from robin hood was a server message saying - We are making a team, a Anti-Hacker team... Hackers beware.

I sure hope this is a team similar to the Medics of the Waste Land, where they have shifts and you can find them on a TS or a web site and they will clear out your server of hackers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I dont know about you guys but this is the kind of hacker I want in the game. He didnt abuse game he didnt give everyone the best gear in the game he simple put is back to our old state before the hacker ruined all of our fun. He then proceeded to sit in the server for a good 2 hours making everyone in the servers play time EXTREMELY FUN. You have no idea what a relief it was to play in that server not having to worry about a cheating bastard.

For this I say THANK YOU ROBIN HOOD!

Please give me your BEANS, thumbs up if you like this idea.

Please everyone realize there will be LOTS of strong opinions and possibly aggression in this topic. Lets refrain from flaming each other as I poorly demonstrated below what not to do (lol) A lot of people extremely STRONG feelings towards this horrible time DayZ.

lets remember that.

Edited by jefe4life
  • Like 34

I HATE HACKERS, they have ruined damn near every game ive ever loved. DayZ is absolutely riddled with hackers. That being said, I would have totally taken the free restock of my gear as there have been a couple nights that I just said "to hell with this game, im never playing again". The way this game is designed to reward you for scouting and looting, and its not easy to get your gear back, so when you do after a couple hours of searching and some Douche bag kills you by porting you all the way across the map then kills you, its just rediculous.

If they want this game to make it....they should hire this guy and give him a team of hackers to patch the holes that allow hackers to do this.

I almost forgot, he gave me his skype name for those of you that need it take it. Have a hacker in your server.

message him if hes on. He can help.

Skype name: zillikinix

Please don't abuse to get free stuff and I think this guy is a lot smarter then that.

Hackers are hackers, whether they help you or not.

BattleEye will ban them if it gets a chance, and Rocket isn't going to shake his hand for this.

It's nice that he did help you, but he's still hacking.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 4

Well you sir are just extremely narrow minded.

Its actually sad. How do you kill a hacker? Yes thats right with a Hacker, there are lots of people in the world that get paid to hack for the greater good to secure certain things. To protect. I bet you this guy plays normal just like the rest of us. But a super hero on the inside of those civilian clothes.

Try to embrace the help and realize that there can be good when it comes to hacking. Im not saying EVERYONE GO BUY HACKS AND HELP EACHOTHER. But simply he is fighting fire with fire.

And if he gets banned thats a sad day. I hope he doesnt because last night I had the most fun I ever had in Dayz everyone was loving the server.

I like how the community is basically saying "Fuck BattlEye" and doing things their way, while it may get them banned from the game... They're stepping up and trying to do something good for the whole community, fighting fire with fire.

• Like 15

I like how the community is basically saying "Fuck BattlEye" and doing things their way, while it may get them banned from the game... They're stepping up and trying to do something good for the whole community, fighting fire with fire.

This.

You have my Beans sir.

I like how even the Admins are being proactive with this.

This fella should get ban immunity lol.

If only there were a thing.

Perhaps an hourly wage to server hop and scare off the hackers?? hah

But on a real note,

This guy is doing a good thing for our community, I hope there is more like him. A Legion of Robin Hoods!

I am no admin, I am a Forum Moderator. I have no influence over the servers, mod, or in-game. Only the forum threads and users.

I highly doubt BE would ever consider ban immunity.

i pray this man will destroy neerg moutain seems like a hackets paradise there any way i wish him luck i hope he does fix things a littile at least battle eye is the fuckin worst thing ever

The Anti-Hackers are more then welcome. Sure they hack... i don't care for hackers if they DONT RUIN OTHERS GAMEPLAY. Yeah, fight Fire with Fire.

• Like 1

Well none the less your a higher power.

And I do understand that ban immunity but it would be nice maybe BE should contact him Via skype and hire him and his Legion of HOODS.

But who knows, it is alpha and they could possibly fix the issue. 99.9% doubtful but lets let them give it a go.

I think hiring a few handful of HOODS would be well worth keeping your community intact.

---------------------------

Lets weigh it out.

Let the hackers roam free (losing countless players and community members by the minute.

Or pay a little extra and hire some HOODS to secure the community and assist which will in turn bring in that Money.

Good on him.

When BE can't even prevent hacking, the only way to beat a hacker is to hack yourself. (Not a statement of guilt or intent)

It's a pity that he will/may most likely be globally banned once BE catch onto these hacks.....if ever.

Edited by Banicks

BE Can prevent hacking just fine, players are just using a bypass to get past BattlEye and keep themselves unlogged from the servers. But BattlEye still logs the player and eventually collects enough information probably and in the end produces a mass banwave.

Edit: This is from what I've heard

Edited by Legacy

Well none the less your a higher power.

And I do understand that ban immunity but it would be nice maybe BE should contact him Via skype and hire him and his Legion of HOODS.

But who knows, it is alpha and they could possibly fix the issue. 99.9% doubtful but lets let them give it a go.

I think hiring a few handful of HOODS would be well worth keeping your community intact.

---------------------------

Lets weigh it out.

Let the hackers roam free (losing countless players and community members by the minute.

Or pay a little extra and hire some HOODS to secure the community and assist which will in turn bring in that Money.

This isn't the place to work out your personal authority issues.

There is a game already that supports scripting. It's called Arma. People can set up their own Arma servers and spawn you stuff all day long.

DayZ does not support scripting. If this was last week, you might be posting how you got killed by a player with hacked gear.

What if that guy was having fun from his Robin Hood hacker friend? Yeah, I thought so.

• Like 1

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I don't support people stooping to a hackers level.

I just can't get behind hacker vigilantism in the form of becoming a hacker yourself.

This encourages other people to do the same thing and then their personal ruleset becomes their law.

It's a highly slippery slope.

• Like 2

You thought what? no offense but your post is stupid.

This this guy wanted to abuse he would abuse. clearly he has a heart and isnt here to give everyone the best shit in the world. I only got shotgun 3 clips a canteen and a can of beans and a compass.

to give me a fighting chance one again.

Like I said before, try not being narrow minded.

And this is a General discussion, I can post what I like.

Thanks.

Well we all have our own opinions.

Majority of community so far says fight fire with fire as long as your intentions are good.

the other portion says wah wah hacker is a hacker. just wait till a hacker rains down on your parade your going to wish robin hood was there before you decided to quit playing DayZ because its over ran.

That's actually quite a cool idea, but I think this is a typical "The road to hell is paved with good intentions". Two wrongs don't necessary make it right.

• Like 1

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

• Like 7

There is a game already that supports scripting. It's called Arma. People can set up their own Arma servers and spawn you stuff all day long.

DayZ does not support scripting. If this was last week, you might be posting how you got killed by a player with hacked gear.

What if that guy was having fun from his Robin Hood hacker friend? Yeah, I thought so.

The problem with your post is...

While you and the Devs are thinking... The HOODS are actually taking the fight to their territory...

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Please take my beans! :)

We could also say

"Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny."

Let the HOODS do their "job", don't restrict them.

Edited by MostlyPanda
  • Like 1

What ifs.... you bring negativity in here on a what if.

Good one.

There is a light shining in on here whether you like it or not. Dont bash someone doing good. Especially on a WHAT IF.

The problem with your post is...

While you and the Devs are thinking... The HOODS are actually taking the fight to their territory...

Please take my beans! :)

THIS.

You have my beans.