Is DayZ is dying?

Here are the facts:

1,033,988 Unique Players

170,378 Player in last 24 hours (as of this post)

This is only 16% of the people who have signed up to play

And the number has not been over 200,000 in a couple of weeks

The forums are full of hate messages and hacker reports.

Bug Reports = 1,460 topics

Cheat Reporting = 3,841 topics

Discuss like adults and keep you childish comments to yourself!

• Like 1

I would take your comments more seriously if you had been here longer than a week or so.

• Like 9

I would take your comments more seriously if you had been here longer than a week or so.

Great mature answer. Looks like you proved my point.

• Like 2

That's alot to be serious, having over 150k players each day is really, really good. Trust me DayZ will stand for some more time than that.

You read too much into the numbers...how about you just enjoy the mod? There are PLENTY of players/servers.

Are you so corporate minded that if something doesn't keep growing and topping itself week after week its deemed a failure/dying?

• Like 1

1 Million unique players downloaded the mod, but 1 million aren't playing each day. Game is dead. Too many bug reports in the alpha stage of a mod. Game is dead.

About those hacking reports: fresh out of snarky asshole remarks, sorry.

BY THE WAY: over 150k people playing each and every day is IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!

What is your statistical comparison to even come to these conclusions?

Edited by PunchClockVillain

I make a lil break for too. Why? Cause i die to Scriptusers all the fuckin Time...

Sit Back and wait for a lil Solution.

ye because all the cod/bf kids are pissing off :) as they realize

1. its in alpha

2. they don't get there own way

3. they cant computer game

4. they don't know how to search for servers were hacking is least likely

also they don't realize that running and gunning does not work

Edited by leeds2007

Its not like all 180k of those every 24 hours are the same 180k every 24 hours. Some people dont play everyday, some dont even play every week, and some have indeed quit.

For an alpha mod with as many issues as it has, 180k is quite a phenomenal number.

You read too much into the numbers...how about you just enjoy the mod? There are PLENTY of players/servers.

Are you so corporate minded that if something doesn't keep growing and topping itself week after week its deemed a failure/dying?

It's not about growth it's about retention. And I do enjoy the Mod, when not being hacked to death :o

ye because all the cod/bf kids are pissing off :) as they realize

1. its in alpha

2. they don't get there own way

3. they cant computer game

4. they don't know how to search for servers were hacking is least likely

also they don't realize that running and gunning does not work

If that is truly the case then I welcome it.

If you look at this MOD from the perspective of a gaming company you would see that it is a Huge achievement. They have over a million users. If you took the fact that it was a paid for game at the cost of lets say a ten dollar add on... well that is a net profit of ten million dollars.... failure... nope.. and its still an alpha phase mod... imagine how polished and great it will be if it reaches a beta or the stand alone version

• Like 1

Like other have said the 150k is not the same people...

For example me... I only play maybe 2-3 times a week for 1-2 hours... and frankly 150k a day for an ALPHA MOD is fucking epic man!

You need to lighten up a bit :)

Just saying...

Oh and ignore the trollz!!

AJ

Who cares?

Call that an immature response if you want, but I'm serious. Who cares? There's some kind of obsession with player numbers, I don't know if it started with World of Warcraft or what, but do you really think everyone who bought that game played it yesterday? I didn't play it yesterday, does that mean I don't like it?

As long as there is a single server up I'll be a fan, it just does not matter to me how popular something is. Fun first.

We don't know how low player numbers would have to be to make Rocket give up and call the whole thing off, only he knows, but one thing we do know is that the success of this mod has been higher than he could have possibly imagined. In the recent Machinima interview he said it's almost grown too fast for its own good.

Just some food for thought. This is a bad thread, and you should feel bad.

We need an opposite of giving beans. Have an empty tin can to collect your doom and gloom tears. :emptycan:

Edited by Ulfhedjinn
  • Like 4

I don't find those figures surprising or discouraging.

Firslty 170.000 players a day or more for a buggy alpha mod is actually pretty impressive. Also I would have expected those figures to have risen sharply and then dropped of. The initial media hype surrounding DayZ pieced together with some glossy (ish) fan made vids would have tempted many different types of gamers to commit to buying Arma. The fact is that back then (and still now, although things are improving) DayZ is a buggy mod running on a buggy engine. People who didn't do their homework bought Arma expecting the best gaming experience of their lives (for many it is). At this stage DayZ requires a lot of patience to play, partly because it's supposed to and partly because of bugs and hackers.

If you read those figures and interpret them as the death of DayZ then I suggest you go and read a few more articles or recent interviews with Rocket. This mod will be kept running as a side project now while they commit to producing the standalone game on a new engine with modern anti-hacking support.

Edit* - Also I don't follow your logic looking at the numbers like that. As people have already said, not everybody plays every day. Your using a mid week figure so if over Saturday night the figure rises to 300k people playing does that mean DayZ is reborn again and is back on the rise? No. It means more people are able to play at once because it's a weekend.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Is DayZ is dying?

Here are the facts:

1,033,988 Unique Players

170,378 Player in last 24 hours (as of this post)

This is only 16% of the people who have signed up to play

And the number has not been over 200,000 in a couple of weeks

The forums are full of hate messages and hacker reports.

Bug Reports = 1,460 topics

Cheat Reporting = 3,841 topics

Discuss like adults and keep you childish comments to yourself!

100,000 of those are script kiddies - let them play with themselves.

Any other game that you can compare this with? I haven't seen a percentage of registered/online players this high in any game I've played, 16% is quite a lot to be honest. WoW, LoL and HoN have no where near this amount of registered/online players. I'd even say that it's popular, despite the fact that it's in buggy alpha stage. There might be a decline, but I blame the fact that there has been a silence around the mod for a couple of days, and it will rise again.

Have you taking bug issues in consideration? Lots of my friends cant even play because the current patch gives them a ton of tearing and artifacts.

I think its stupid you go shouting RIP DAYZ HURP E DURP. I hope you like my childish comment.

Edited by Cryptex
  • Like 1

Hate to feed the troll but I did notice that the "played in last 24 hrs" statistics has been going down from just under 200K to around 170K in the last 10 days or so, probably most likely

to these factors:

1) New player growth has slowed down.

2) Real or perceived increase in hacker activity.

3) Delay of the new patch.

4) Lack of tools for end game creative content.

Hate to feed the troll but I did notice that the "played in last 24 hrs" statistics has been going down from just under 200K to around 170K in the last 10 days or so, probably most likely

to these factors:

1) New player growth has slowed down.

2) Real or perceived increase in hacker activity.

3) Delay of the new patch.

4) Lack of tools for end game creative content.

1,2 and 4 i agree with i doubt the patch has much to do with it, as if they already been playing it they will keep on playing it and there is some quick fixes for most of the texture glitches.

Great mature answer. Looks like you proved my point.

You make a post like your OP and then imply I'm immature?! lol You're new to the internet yea?

This mod has a very specific target audience, the problem is the popularity of the mod and hype surrounding it has attracted a lot of nuggets. That doesnt mean it is dead. In fact this mod, on the back of it's popluarity through word of mouth and with no funded publicity, has had a full stand alone release commisioned within 4 months of open testing. You only have to look at the amount of activity on this forum to see this is far from a "dead" game.

My original post was to highlight you have only been here a matter of days, how could you possibly say it's "dead" based on 10 or so day's activity?

All I'd say is that those who feel the game is dead or not worth playing should simply stop playing it, why feel the need to come here and bitch about it in every other post?

Edited by Box
  • Like 3

You're aware that Dota 2, which is the most played game on steam, peaks at 70 K users? I know that 70 000 concurent users is way more than 170 000 users in the last 24 hours, but that's still a ton of people.

Edited by eel

All I'd say is that those who feel the game is dead or not worth playing should simply stop playing it, why feel the need to come here and bitch about it in every other post?

This is why I found it ironic that he responded positively to the post on page one that basically said "it's all the COD kids leaving". The OP is glad all the COD kids are leaving? Okay, fair enough, then I'll be glad if people who cry "RIP" over player numbers left too.

• Like 1