Sign in to follow this  
Zing Freelancer

Tools, tool belt and usability

Hello people.

Could we have a patch that will enable use use of Hatchet or Flash light without having to equip them into weapon slots? Like straight out of tool belt. Often I have to make a choice to run around with a rifle or an axe, rifle is very useful when dealing with zombies at extremely long range, but when you are scavenging in a village, a rifle will gain you an entire horde of zombies. Here is where an Hatchet comes in handy, chop a zombie that refuses to move out of the way and continue.

But I cannot seem to have both hatchet and a rifle or a handgun and a flash light :( Unless we are talking about silenced weapons, which are hard to find.

suggestion about a "melee-slot" have been suggested before. if you check the history you will find a long thread about that.

suggestion about a "melee-slot" have been suggested before. if you check the history you will find a long thread about that.

I expected this much. But I guess melee slot of its own is nice and everything, but wont fix the flash light. So a temporary fix would be to enable us to use certain tools right out of the tool belt.

I think a melee slot would be too easy. i just think it should be easier to switch to hatchet. for example there should be an "equip as primary" button when you right click in with the gear menu open that overlays the hatchet over your riffle and to un equip it you have to go to gear again and add to toolbelt like usual, which will set your riffle as primary. dayz would be much too easy if you could quick switch to a hatchet. i think this way has just enough fumbling around to make it work

I think a melee slot would be too easy. i just think it should be easier to switch to hatchet. for example there should be an "equip as primary" button when you right click in with the gear menu open that overlays the hatchet over your riffle and to un equip it you have to go to gear again and add to toolbelt like usual, which will set your riffle as primary. dayz would be much too easy if you could quick switch to a hatchet. i think this way has just enough fumbling around to make it work

And here I was thinking we should get 1 to 6 "Quick bar" buttons in addition :)

As of now, I dont think you can "own" a rifle AND equip a hatchet. If I have a rifle and equip hatchet my rifle is dropped???

I would eventually prefer a slot to stash away weapons, and the use of 2 hand slots to then have 2handed weapons, main hand items, and both hand items. If you were to check the inventory mock-up attached to the post linked in my sig you can see i added a shoulderslot (for a rifle) and a 'behind belt' slot for a pistol or other items that make sense 'behind a belt' (hatched crowbar) and 2 hands each their own slot...

I understand what you are saying. If I wanted to gather firewood and not drop my pistol while doing so would be great. Haven't started a fire yet but I don't want to have to worry about loosingy inventory while making a fire