Sign in to follow this  
theo@theodormay.com

Battleye Aware of False Positives

"We're aware of the global banning issue and are investigating since yesterday. Appropriate action will be taken if a false-positive scenario is found. If that is indeed the case we're terribly sorry for it and will take measures to prevent this from happening in the future.

An update will be posted once more is known."

Source: http://www.battleye.com/

Edited by TheLaughingMan
  • Like 1

Good to hear.

Unfortunately even though battleye is obviously working towards a solution people only focus on the negatives.

Battleye must be absolute crap. I was magically transported across the map in two completely different servers last night.

Legit players bannination. Script kiddies "The hills are alive with the sound of maaaaaccccroooooosssss"

Good to hear.

Unfortunately even though battleye is obviously working towards a solution people only focus on the negatives.

Battleye must be absolute crap. I was magically transported across the map in two completely different servers last night.

Legit players bannination. Script kiddies "The hills are alive with the sound of maaaaaccccroooooosssss"

Case in point.

You know, I understand how difficult must be to try and keep cheating scum away from the game and that they have to be all 'secretive' with all the info regarding how and when the bans are issued.

BUT (yes, a big but) I find the 'WE NEVER MAKE MISTAKES-SCREW YOU AND YOUR MONEY WE DON'T CARE YOU CHEATING SCUM' attitude kind of stupid. EVERY-FUCKING-BODY can fuck up, even the most prestigious and efficient companies fuck up sometimes. And that doesn't mean they suck for that, it means that nothing is 100% absolutely perfect, and fixes and updates need to be constant since the cheating scumbags always find new ways to do their shit.

And it is as simple as this:

"We're aware of the global banning issue and are investigating since yesterday. Appropriate action will be taken if a false-positive scenario is found. If that is indeed the case we're terribly sorry for it and will take measures to prevent this from happening in the future.

An update will be posted once more is known."

A simple message to let everybody know that they are aware of the issue and they are working on it. No accusations, no name calling, no 'fuck you cheating cheaterzzzzz', etc. And to let your costumers know (or your costumer's costumers) that you care and that you are wiling to amend the mistake (if there is any), and that you are not a bunch of arrogant assholes that think they never make mistakes.