Sign in to follow this  
Steiyn

Server Owners Penalized.

Read the whole thing before you make dumbass comments like down below.

I know this topic will flame like hell, but it needs to be said.

Server owners are providing a service to the community, yes you buy the server but you do not own the server files. This has been irritating me for the past few days with server owners bending the rules that rocket has put in place to their own liking.. You do not own the server files, if you are unhappy with the rules of running a server then do not run one.

Yes you host a server that runs dayz, but it is a privilege and that is not what people are seeing from it, they are seeing it as running an extremely popular mod to their own liking which is not the case and never was meant to be, so please stick to the rules that are put in place because when they are changed THAT is when you have problems.

Tell me what you think, I know this is a very popular issue right now and I don't feel that the word is getting across well enough, and finally bringing me to my suggestion, if a server owner abuses the rules of hosting their server should either be removed from the list or blacklisted (pretty sure they are the same) because this needs to end or some middle ground reached.

So please, dayz team sit down with server owners and discuss a guideline that will work for the both of you that they are happy to live by, or we will still see these server owners banning players to their liking which is worse then having a procedure to follow.

Read this before saying they should be able to do what they want : http://dayzmod.com/f...-hosting-rules/

Edited by Steiyn
  • Like 2

Don't know what the point of this thread is for. You give no examples.

And let me bet, you don't host a server...so why don't you go fuck off.

Unless a server is blatantly breaking the rules, just go fucking report them.

In closing: Less QQ, or host your own damn server and do it according to the rules.

• Like 1

It might help if you explain wtf you are talking about before going on a rant...

Read the whole thing, I am saying that server owners are doing what they like, when they like and it needs to stop.

It might help if you explain wtf you are talking about before going on a rant...

Don't know what the point of this thread is for. You give no examples.

And let me bet, you don't host a server...so why don't you go fuck off.

Unless a server is blatantly breaking the rules, just go fucking report them.

In closing: Less QQ, or host your own damn server and do it according to the rules.

Its a suggestion thread, im suggesting that a middle ground is reached, and your last comment clearly shows you are another arrogant person that thinks it up to them to do what they like when they like, your another kid that hasn't experienced the real world yet.

Edited by Steiyn

give examples at to what they are doing that is so wrong.

As far as i'm concerned, as long as they are not hacking they can do what they want. They pay for the server and we wouldn't be able to play day z if they didn't.

give examples at to what they are doing that is so wrong.

As far as i'm concerned, as long as they are not hacking they can do what they want. They pay for the server and we wouldn't be able to play day z if they didn't.

Rules are rules:http://dayzmod.com/f...-hosting-rules/

Read it.

What they are doing wrong is they are not reading the rules and abiding by them.

Edited by Steiyn

I can't be bothered to click the link if you can't be bothered to write a clear post.

I'm out

Again less QQ... 95% of server I have been on are within the rules....riding close to the rules, but still within the rules.

The last 5% have been reported, some of them have been blacklisted.

Until you actually host/admin a server, and have to deal with the setup/administration of hackers (which admins have pisspoor tools to deal with), well you are just ranting in the wind, and pissing on the people letting you play the mod. So kindly go fuck off, or actualy write a proper post...not just rambling. Peace out.

Again less QQ... 95% of server I have been on are within the rules....riding close to the rules, but still within the rules.

The last 5% have been reported, some of them have been blacklisted.

Until you actually host/admin a server, and have to deal with the setup/administration of hackers (which admins have pisspoor tools to deal with), well you are just ranting in the wind, and pissing on the people letting you play the mod. So kindly go fuck off, or actualy write a proper post...not just rambling. Peace out.

I don't understand how asking them to listen to the rules is so controversial.. rules are everywhere in life.

Its a suggestion, to find a middle ground for these server that they can both abide by and we can all play in peace, READ THE FULL POST.

What is this I don't even...

If you read the full post, you would know by the end I am trying to get the dayz team and the server owners to find a middle ground for rules and procedure so there aren't owners doing whatever they want.

Someone did something wrong on the internet!

We're all doomed!

Someone did something wrong on the internet!

We're all doomed!

Sarcasm isn't necessary.

Im trying to approach this as a concerned player, but everyone so far thinks that its the server owners right to bend the rules.. This is why I am suggesting a crackdown on the rules so people know they aren't to be bent and there is punishment for their actions, OR an agreement met that servers aren't needing to be blacklisted and wasting the staff members time and resources with this garbage.

Edited by Steiyn

Rules are rules, and are to be followed. But in the current situation we have due to the overwhelming amount of hacker attacks, we kinda have no choise other than to take action ourselves to keep our environment and our community safe. If Battleye or the DayZ team could handle this issue as it should, then we would not need to take action. I am a paying server admin, and i refuse to let cheaters reduce my gaming experience while testing this alpha mod. I have never, and will never use my admin tools on innocent players, only confirmed cheaters who only try to ruin our experience for their own enjoyment.

English is my second language, just sayin.

Rules are rules, and are to be followed. But in the current situation we have due to the overwhelming amount of hacker attacks, we kinda have no choise other than to take action ourselves to keep our environment and our community safe. If Battleye or the DayZ team could handle this issue as it should, then we would not need to take action. I am a paying server admin, and i refuse to let cheaters reduce my gaming experience while testing this alpha mod. I have never, and will never use my admin tools on innocent players, only confirmed cheaters who only try to ruin our experience for their own enjoyment.

English is my second language, just sayin.

This is what I wanted to hear, I am talking about the other servers, the ones that do what they want.. ban players for killing them, etc.

This is what I wanted to hear, I am talking about the other servers, the ones that do what they want.. ban players for killing them, etc.

There are some admin who abuse their power for such reasons, but there are very few. My recommendation to those who have experienced such abuse is to eighter find a new server to play on and to report the matter with visual proof such as video or a photo to the dayz developers.

Edited by dannyboy92

@Steiyn, i normally don't respond like this but some of your posts just leave me little room. When reading these responses I see 'a little kid that hasn't been around long enough to know how the world works', to put it in your own words. There are absolutely NO RULES in the world, all there is are the futile attempts of humans to set rules, and even these rules have no consequences unless you are cought. Just pick up a news paper once in a while, or visit a news site instead of a pron site to broaden your horizons!

How do you know it's actually admins abusing servers, and where is your proof, if you have proof why don't you just REPORT them! Instead of generalizing and pointing fingers in a general direction. It could just aswell be some hacker banning people as they please, or changing settings, but if you don't know what you are talking about then it's always a good thing to point a finger at the next best thing... I'm not accusing you of discriminating, but i do hope you will THINK about what you imply, and how all sorts of groups within society have been deamonized based upon hollow accusations, or just because people didn't know any better (to name a few: black people, witches, homosexuals, bisexuals, jews, muslims, christians, poor & homeless, and i likely forgot tons of other groups as well)

But tbqh. after reading the rules i can only say that they mean I won't be hosting a server anytime soon, some are truely rediculous. And there is a clear reason why they are rediculous. This is a mod for a moddable game, the moddable game doesn't have ANY rules, else it not be moddable. So as long as it is NOT a stand alone where these rules can't be bend, it's all but a mod to a game that has no rules, cheering on how this moddable game made this 'game' possible, to the impose all sorts of silly rules NOT to change the gaming experience in the mod... well that just made a lot of those statement nothing more than hollow words! Not that i'm surprised, i've been around the gaming industry long enough to understand that 99% of what is being said or promised is just as empty as the gamedevelopers bankaccounts are full ... and yes that is a stab at Rocket and the Dev.team, not saying their words are hollow persee, but some of their rules are just ignorant, and i'll say which:

1. Not being allowed to enable chat

2. Not being allowed to password the server or lock it

3. Demanding reporting of server issues

4. Not being allowed to kick people for smacktalk

5. Demanding reporting of kicking, and banning

Point 1. not having chat makes the game very anti-social, if i were to run a server for a game I would want chat enabled *period*, Rocket may want to experiement with it, well we all seen what it does, experiment successfull result is that chat makes the game a more social experience.

Point 2. i would pay for this server, when i rented it it is 'mine' for the time i paid for, and i can see how the Dev.team would want this game to be played by everybody... but if i want to have a friday night running drunk & naked through Electro party, while not being bothered by lame snipers, i should be able to do so. Or if i want to run a survival/deathmatch war against another clan and don't want any randoms to mess up our match, I should be able to do so!

point 3. Demanding? more on this below..

point 4. If people are being douches in your frontyard of your rented home, you will likely kick them off your lawn, I would like a social fun experience on my server so idiots can just go be an idiot on another or their own server!

point 5. Demanding? If i run a server with my clanmates we all chip in, so if one any particular night a clanmember logs onto vent saying he can't get in the server because it's full. We kick 3-5 people off the server to let the (wo)man in, he is paying for this so (s)he should damn well be able to enjoy it when ever (s)he pleases! And obviously i'm not going to report every instance. 'We' ran servers in the past, and this scenario happens atleast once every 2 days, it's not that these people done anything wrong, they were just occupying places that were 'paid for' ...

Lastly the 'demanding' tone these rules are forged in, i can only say that i feel somewhat scoffed by them, without people PAYING for servers there WOULD NOT BE ANY, but perhaps 4 servers run by the Devteam. The server rental community actually make these 1mill+ amount of users possible, and I get there are some things that should be set and that they'd like to know about troubles/bans etc. But what's wrong with just requesting such things. I wish the rules on this here suggestion forum were formulated like that or even upheld to any degree, we don't pay for being here.. But in regards to server owners, well the devteam should be thankfull to have them around, they'dd be nowhere without them, so a little politeness & respect wouldn't hurt one bit! And if they can't deal with that, they should just host the servers themselves, so they can truely set and uphold the rules.

I'm sorry for being a little harsh on some occations, but realy, host a few servers of your own with a group of people chipping in, THEN come back and please use search b4 making a post about hackers having more rights than admins! (because there is a realy good thread running on that already!). Also at the devteam, Rocket says he wants honest opinions, so i can't be more honest than the above, i hope you can respect that instead of abusing modpowers to remove any sight of critisism on your own actions! I gave clear arguments and while some of this post might come across as a little agitated, it's because it is :) ... but i dislike powertalk so there should be to many of those in here. Respect :)

• Like 1