Sign in to follow this  
maxipower

Morale System

I feel it would be good to have a Morale system were various factors would raise / lower your moral and may alter your attribues? or just for a deeper experience. example better aiming when your character is content?. It would add to realism if nothing else.

Example of variables

food types

- compare eating a hotmeal compared to cold beans.

- add treats, chocolate bars, sweets/candy (dont fill your belly, but finding a twinkie would be nice, rare items of course)

- Add alchohol, when drunk you get the side effects that come with it. (so make sure your in a safe place. (disorietation / blurred screen if possible)

- change food types were different types give different restore values.

Gameplay

- Cold / Wet weather would lower morale, get indoors or get a fire and get warm.

- Zombie encounters (if you just killed a ton of zeds then you would feel good) If you got hurt however maybe you wouldnt be feeling so good

- Company, traveling with a companion, whether another human(s) or pet would make you feel less alone, however if the friend/dog you are linked with dies, it would effect you. (scroll near friend, select companionship) (People want a kind of party system anyway, and it would promote teamwork)

you mean morale

morale doesn't need simulating, DayZ should engender sufficient emotion in the player as is, any mechanic would only result in conflict between player and avatar, destroying one of the game's greatest achievements

There are no "attributes" to simulate in DayZ. Morale is very real as is. I already know i'm in a bad mood when i've been playing for four days, its raining, I can't find a lake, and my leg is broken.

In the same way, I know i'm in a good mood when I successfully trade with a stranger, meet a nice guy to work with, or find that pond I couldn't find earlier.

bump :P

Please don't do that. If you want to reply to someone else's post, fine. If everyone could just "bump" their threads this forum would quickly become useless.

There are no "attributes" to simulate in DayZ. Morale is very real as is. I already know i'm in a bad mood when i've been playing for four days' date=' its raining, I can't find a lake, and my leg is broken.

In the same way, I know i'm in a good mood when I successfully trade with a stranger, meet a nice guy to work with, or find that pond I couldn't find earlier.

[/quote']

I guess there could be something done with some sort of mood modifier when you find and eat some tasty treat. It's a difficult problem because the physical effects your character feel isn't the same way for you IRL. I always have coffee, snacks and such when playing so I am happy, but my character is low on everything and lying freezing in the mud somewhere. :)

The other stuff like fear etc. doesn't need game mechanics to simulate them as I feel them for myself when I play.

There's probably some nice system or feature in this but damned if I know how it should work!