Sign in to follow this  
snafu18

Hacked Clothing

So basically me and my friends had a week long characters and we went on one night server to go to Elektro for some bus supplies and as we were going on my friend got sniped from that big hill between Elektro - Cherno because we wanted to check the light house for any bicycles or bodies. Me and my other alive friend quickly looted his most important gear and went in the lighthouse and suddenly BOOM, the whole server dies including the sniper etc. It was a shock but I guessed it had to happen to me eventually, the hacker just killed the whole server, lucky me and my friends we all spawned near Elektro and could run up to the place so we resupplied with our gear and we went up that hill to check where was the sniper, suddenly I hear flies and we run up to the body, what I see in his body was:

AS50, Rangefinders, Nightvision, The kit for putting up barbed wire etc, Coyote Backpack and basically all of the gear that you would expect on a Ghillie Suit sniper, however... There were two Soldier uniforms, like not the Jungle - Forest camo one or Ghillie, there was a normal Marine uniform so I took one, took the his backpack since it was bigger and by mistake worn the clothing making it dissappear, so I was left with only one Army outfit and a Coyote backpack which transformed into a patrol pack full of beans o.O

But basically after we logged out, two-three hours have passed and me and my friends realised that the outfit has to be hacked since it's not in the game, checked the wiki even though I was sure there are only three types of clothing and I threw it out since I read some posts on the forum where people had like British and Scottish camo's and they dropped them because Battleye can ban the player.

So here I am DayZ community and let's hope the Team, could you please tell me was it a good move to abandon a God Like uniform and continue on with my adventure without it?

Btw. We took all of his stuff since it's in the game and I don't think you can get banned for taking someones gear since maybe it wasn't hacked? I don't know please respond,

Thank you.

Edited by Snafu18

STUPID! Youre allowed to use hacked in items , only risk is they can change into a makarov or server admin can ban you

Sever admins are not suppose to ban you for just having hacked in items on you, but that doesn't stop them from doing it.

Edited by chaosvernon122

Shit, I just didn't want to be involved in any hacked item stuff just in case I would get banned by Battleye, oh well I just learnt a lesson.

You can't get banned by Battleye for using hacked in gear.

You CAN get banned by server admins, that label it under battleye, for using hacked in gear.

Best to just not wear hacked in gear.

You did the right thing. Hacking shouldn't be promoted. Although you wouldn't be banned taking the soldiers clothing, you would be having an advantage because of hacking. So you more or less support hacking, even if in a passive way.

• Like 1

Don't use hacked in items indeed... You'll be labeled as a naughty boy by everyone who sees you.