sdhfguih2i3df

Locked Server 1823 with players inside. Screenshot and Video evidence.

Server Name: US 1823

(Your) Timezone: -6 GMT

Date/Time: 2:13am

Server Administrator('s): Unknown

What happened: Locked server, players inside

Evidence/Proof: Here's a quick screenshot of my dayzcommander, also including the time http://i48.tinypic.com/w7dbad.png . And here's a small video of me just going over the details live:

. If the video doesn't work yet, it's because I'm currently uploading it.

why are you so butt hurt and have to ruin peoples gameplay?

People who play in locked servers gain a huge advantage over others, thus ruining others gameplay.

why are you so butt hurt and have to ruin peoples gameplay?

Playing on a closed server can't be called gameplay... all it can be called is lame.

Playing on a closed server can't be called gameplay... all it can be called is lame.

for you maybe. but some people enjoy playing in an enviornment without people killing them. I mean really If you own a server you should be able to lock it.

• Like 3

The issue is not with gameplay on the locked server being unfair. The issue is on that server clans/groups of admins/whoever has access can stockpile gear in tents out in the open, use all of the vehicles to easily and quickly navigate the map, and stockpile gear from the airfeilds and downed choppers and then jump to open servers using their unfair advantage against others.

If you can keep a stockpile of weapons in a tent right at the NW airfield on a locked server and easily jump back and forth to public servers you have an unfair advantage. Or, if you can drive a bus straight in to Cherno with your entire clan on it and leave it there while you jump to another server with your easily looted weapons because no one on your locked server will steal it that's an unfair advantage. It's the fact your player and personal inventory can hop with you to unlocked servers that make the locked server inappropriate and a potential vehicle for abuse.

Edited by omniomi
  • Like 2

for you maybe. but some people enjoy playing in an enviornment without people killing them. I mean really If you own a server you should be able to lock it.

Okay, carebear. You don't really understand the concept of 'rules' very well, do you?

Okay, carebear. You don't really understand the concept of 'rules' very well, do you?

I've read the rules and I understand that you cannot lock the servers. I was just stating that you should be allowed to. learn to read correctly you uneducated fool.

LOL - go play Hello Kitty online then. This game is about PVP.

• Like 4

Maybe you should be allowed to, maybe not. But for now its against the rules, so there is nothing more to say.

But it should be okay. If your server gets blacklisted you can still play on your own. The only reason why admins who lock their servers are angry because of the reporting is because they want to unlock the server once they have all the good stuff. And thats fucking bullshit.

in my opinion you can't say

"People who play in locked servers gain a huge advantage over others, thus ruining others gameplay."

1. if they are racking up vehicles, don't play on it.

2. if they are racking up stuff, wayne there are so many hackers, this is our smallest problem and who cares about people getting some cool stuff. they will loose it over the time. there are thousands of people finding their weapons on their own on unlocked servers. more peoplewith good stuff doesn't change anything.

^this

in my opinion you can't say

1. if they are racking up vehicles, don't play on it.

2. if they are racking up stuff, wayne there are so many hackers, this is our smallest problem and who cares about people getting some cool stuff. they will loose it over the time. there are thousands of people finding their weapons on their own on unlocked servers. more peoplewith good stuff doesn't change anything.

^this

Lock server, obtain top tier gear, position self in advantageous spots, server hop, destroy people.

Seems like an advantage to me.

• Like 2

Lock server, obtain top tier gear, position self in advantageous spots, server hop, destroy people.

Seems like an advantage to me.

never said that it isnt an advantage and im not defending these lock-abusers.btw There aren't many of these abusers( for example i only see 2 -3 locked servers , which are connected to the hive, every day), so the effect of this is very small compared with the massive number of users which are possibly disadvantaged. it's just hacker-evading-serveradmins are being punished for things a few people do. And everybody is able to do serverhopping/positioning in advantageous spots on every server, it's not a thing that only few serveradmins with locked servers are able to do.

Edited by Ticonderoga

This has been discussed 1000 times before locking the server may give some players an advantage but those servers will get blocked from the main hive. Any private server worth being on will have their own private hive and a whitelist to block players who haven't specifically asked to play on the server. This is the standard way of playing Arma II since the engine is built for simulations and is trusting of the game client data received from players.