Sign in to follow this  
eden.eustice@gmail.com

DE 188 down until standalone due to rampant cheating

5 nights in a row now of Rampant cheating has forced our hand.

We have spent months working hard to build regulars and a community which in the last week of camps and vehicles being constantly destroyed by cheaters, spawned helicopters, teleporting, god mode, instal kill on all players, aimbots and more has been destroyed, our regulars have left for other servers and DE 188 is shutting down.

Even with Active admin, several of whom were on most of the day and night, I either can't ban them fast enough or can't ban them at all due to severe lack of visability and tools to properly police the server and policing the server becoming a 24 hour job for me and my admins.

Server will be up occasionally when we want to play at night but will be shut down for the rest of the time just to stop people greifing the server and it will not be renewing at the end of the month. (10th September)

We will be back once stand-alone is released assuming that whilst you'll never stop cheating at least it shouldn't be as stupid as it is now.

I also figure it's bad at the moment due to school holidays and the kids being online all day long.

It's a hard decision but the simple fact is we just aren't having fun anymore and have lives to live and can't police the server 24/7.

Even when we are on we often can't do anything except shut the server down and wait for them to get bored and go somewhere else...

Sorry for any regulars but we hope to see you again at Stand alone.

Cannon, Signing out

Edited by Cannon

Fully sympathise with you, it's a shame to see good servers go down. Maybe you should consider making your server a private hive solution for you and your buddies.

Edited by Box

The problem is as an admin you get nothing which helps you, because you cann abuse it.

You are only not permitted to do a lot of things.

I have my server stopped now and it will only be started if my friends and i want play.

A little statistic 10 minutes ago:

4141 Servers

3309 without unresponsible servers

2915 without the locked servers (incl password)

2005 without wrong arma version

1782 without wrong dayz version

43% of all servers

58 recruit

660 Regular

829 veteran

25 expert

Yeah I understand it's alpha and I want to help the community and contribute in what little way I can by hosting a server for players and data gathering but it's go to the point we aren't helping the community, we aren't gathering data, we are just wasting our time and money.

I don't want to sound like I'm hosting a server just to have our own control, that's part of it ^_^, but at the moment we are just hosting a deathmatch griefing arena where you can't play for 5 minutes without being teleported or insta killed and it's not fair to our players or us.

Yes naturally any tools admins have that let them identify cheaters could also be abused, but the alternative is clearly not working.

Private Hive might not be a bad idea Cannon, just need to rig a decent standalone machine to run it off ;D