Sign in to follow this  
stephen@mycopyrightnow.com

A few fortification ideas

Just a few random ideas to blockade and build a compound:

What about adding the ability to move/drag wrecked vehicles using a heavy truck? Wrecks could be put in front of a building or key chokepoint and the survivor would have to plan their own secret back exit.

I have seen comments about adding boards and nails to secure houses, which I think is a great idea. I think a nice addition to this would be to give the hatchet the ability to hack a hole in a wooden floor. This would make a secret entrance that you could enter prone.

Also, what about the ability to use the tool kit (or add torch to the game) to attach scrap metal to vehicles as a poor man's armor plating? (I have a feeling someone already thought of this, but I couldn't find a post about it.)

Finally, I read that wire fencing can stop human players but not zombies. Don't know if this is true, since I have yet to use it in-game. But any barricade that can stop a human should restrict zombies as well.

• Like 1

Fortifying buildings leads to the Urban Dead problem; absolutely every freaking house is barricaded like Fort Knox.

Armor-plating vehicles sounds like a fun idea. Might even provoke people into taking them out of their off-map hoards once in a while!

Wire fencing can stop zombies if you double or triple lay it in the same spot. It becomes thick enough that the pathing AI recognizes it as an obstacle. It also makes a decent barricade against players, since they'll be there for a while removing all the wire!