Sign in to follow this  
TeaLeaf

DayZ should be harder.

Think about it, all the real difficulty in the game is optional.

You don't need to go to NW airfield and risk getting sniped, but you don't have anything better to do.

You don't need to go to Electro or Cherno and risk the psychos that live there. But it's more fun than just running around in the woods for days.

The mod does get a little boring unless you try and make it harder for yourself, I think it needs to be so brutally difficult that at all times we have to actively try and survive (even if you have NVG and some kind of uber-sniper), rather than acquire two tins of beans from looting and your set for an entire day.

How do we do this? I don't really know for sure, but scarcer resources and more lethal zombies would be a start. This is more a general discussion about difficulty, but feel free to post your own ideas.

Oh, and I know someone will bring it up so: Yes, the game is in Alpha. Alpha is the time to change this sort of stuff, that's the entire point. You can makes changes in Alpha that people would throw a shit-fit about in beta or release versions.

acquire two tins of beans from looting and you're set for an entire day

perfectly legitmate apocalypse/credit crunch survival technique

tl;dr [to the tune of westminster bells] wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

If you want to sit around in woods and roleplay a ~survivor~ it's your choice.

Choice.

The integral part of this mod.

However the water/food meters are like two times slower to deplete than i'd like.

I feel the game as it is, is perfectly balanced in terms of loot and difficulty.

Every time i decide whether or not to enter a village, theres always risk of death, wasted ammo etc. perfect.

two tins of beans would do you a lot longer than a day if a real scenario

Every time i decide whether or not to enter a village' date=' theres always risk of death, wasted ammo etc. perfect.

[/quote']

I say for actual villages the risk is fairly low. Low chance of running into players and zombies aren't a huge threat unless thousands of them are going to spawn as soon as you open fire (IE in a major city).

If somebody chooses to grab a few days worth of food, ammunition, and meds, than make off to a lake somewhere in the North East, that's entirely they're choice. Altering the entire game to force them to struggle isn't necessary. In a real life situation, some will try and stay in the areas of civilization, building themselves up. Others will retreat to the woods and live off the land, unhampered.

The blood regeneration post the suggestion thread would add to this.

I think it's already quite hard if your goal is to survive with one single character for as long as possible while actually traveling all around the map and heading into cherno/electro for supplies and human contact.

No, shut up.

acquire two tins of beans from looting and you're set for an entire day

perfectly legitmate apocalypse/credit crunch survival technique

tl;dr [to the tune of westminster bells] wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

Hey fatty, not everyone needs 5 tins of beans every day, like you.