TIZZLEBABY

cant seem to get DayZ to work w/ pic

if someone can help me with my next step. i dl the game+update and installed now what? please n thank you

Untitled-18.jpg

bah wait till they fix the mod and make it playable , your not missing out on much , unless you plan on hacking that is... hackers paradise

bah wait till they fix the mod and make it playable , your not missing out on much , unless you plan on hacking that is... hackers paradise

probably not the response he was after..

Did you open and play both Arma and Arrowhead for a minute, before installing the mod?

Did you set steam with administrator privileges?

Did you update through 6Updater or manual download?

Edited by HanoverFist
  • Like 1

well i just wanna play. i see other people are online now playing so i must have done something wrong.. anyone els can help?

Did you open and play both Arma and Arrowhead for a minute, before installing the mod?

Did you steam set with administrator privileges?

Did you update through 6Updater or manual download?

errrr...... idk... i tried playing arrow head but i got this error

1-1.png

idk what im doing wrong

First read this if you haven't already.

My suggestion would be to uninstall and re install, then get Arma2 and Arrowhead both working before messing with the mod.

With my machine I had to set admin privileges for steam by right clicking on the icon and selecting it in the properties menu.

Edited by HanoverFist

Have you checked the game files? Right click the game in the library, properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game cache. Let it do its thing and try to open up OA again.

i did but then i got this... wtf -_-

Untitled-19.jpg

i did but then i got this... wtf -_-

Untitled-19.jpg

you might luck out just yet.

it took

What error are you getting when you open up OA? If it's not fixable you might need to uninstall the game, and redownload the files.

it took me like 3 hours to dl both.... -_-

Edited by TIZZLEBABY

Use the backup local content thing with steam and that will save a ton of downloading for a reiinstall.

Edited by HanoverFist

Yeah, I know. I did the same thing the first time. I let it download while I slept and it was done the next day.

Anyways, what error are you getting when you try to open up OA?

the same ones from the pics iv posted

Use the backup local content thing with steam and that will save a ton of downloading for a reiinstall.

ok thanks ill do that

i guess ill just back up and try all over -_- thanks guys

Tizzle, if you just run headlong into it all over again, you are going to have the same problem. HanoverFist asked you 3 specific questions and you answered "idk".

Do this. I have walked several people through the exact installation you are going to try. Deviate not. If you skip a step or say "ah I already did that" you are just going to have to do it all over again.

1) "Buy" and allow Steam to "install" Arma2: Combined Operations.

2) Run Arma2. Notice how it installs more stuff.

3) Play Arma2 - play the tutorial for a bit to make sure it's working.

4) Run Arma2: Operation Arrowhead. IT MIGHT NOT WORK.

4a) If it didn't work, quit Steam. Don't just close the window. Exit the program entirely. Right click on the steam icon and choose "Run as administrator". It does not matter if you are already logged in as administrator. Run it specifically as administrator from the context menu when you right-clicked it.

5) Notice how it installs more stuff.

6) Play Arma2:Operation Arrowhead for a few minutes then quit the game.

Stop. Review eveything I just typed. Did you do every single thing in the exact order I just wrote? If not, go back and do it again.

Next, download the Six Launcher application.

From within the program, choose to download, install, and/or update DayZ.

If you get any errors whatsoever, make sure you are running Steam as admin, and verify the integrity of local game files again ON BOTH GAMES like you did before.

Verification takes a few minutes. Steam re-downloading the errant files takes seconds.

Run Arma2. Run Arma2:OA They will re-run their respective BattleEye installations.

Back to Six Launcher, or if you prefer at this point, DayZ Commander.

Launch the mod into your server of choice.

Good luck!

Tizzle, if you just run headlong into it all over again, you are going to have the same problem. HanoverFist asked you 3 specific questions and you answered "idk".

Do this. I have walked several people through the exact installation you are going to try. Deviate not. If you skip a step or say "ah I already did that" you are just going to have to do it all over again.

1) "Buy" and allow Steam to "install" Arma2: Combined Operations.

2) Run Arma2. Notice how it installs more stuff.

3) Play Arma2 - play the tutorial for a bit to make sure it's working.

4) Run Arma2: Operation Arrowhead. IT MIGHT NOT WORK.

4a) If it didn't work, quit Steam. Don't just close the window. Exit the program entirely. Right click on the steam icon and choose "Run as administrator". It does not matter if you are already logged in as administrator. Run it specifically as administrator from the context menu when you right-clicked it.

5) Notice how it installs more stuff.

6) Play Arma2:Operation Arrowhead for a few minutes then quit the game.

Stop. Review eveything I just typed. Did you do every single thing in the exact order I just wrote? If not, go back and do it again.

Next, download the Six Launcher application.

From within the program, choose to download, install, and/or update DayZ.

If you get any errors whatsoever, make sure you are running Steam as admin, and verify the integrity of local game files again ON BOTH GAMES like you did before.

Verification takes a few minutes. Steam re-downloading the errant files takes seconds.

Run Arma2. Run Arma2:OA They will re-run their respective BattleEye installations.

Back to Six Launcher, or if you prefer at this point, DayZ Commander.

Launch the mod into your server of choice.

Good luck!

GOT IT YOUR THE MAN

• Like 1

Good for you Tizzle!

Enjoy the game. Be careful out there!

• Like 1