killzone_kid

Server travelling/spawning improvement idea

I think the database should have (if it doesn't have) a 'last server' field, for when you log off. This is so that if you log back in on the same server you spawn exactly where you left it.

However if you go to the different server you should spawn on the outskirts of the nearest city/village instead. Why?

Lets say I barbwired an area and put my tent in it. Another user can stumble upon my tent but with no tool box he cannot get to my tent. He can however log off, log into different server make few steps forward, log off and log back to my server and be inside the perimeter.

I think this shouldn't happen.

Please take notice, Rocket.

So you either place your tents in too obvious places or hope a player won't have the toolbox? Looks like your problem.

I'm ok dying to a sniper if i dun goofed but just because i got thrown to a spawn zone and he happened to overlook it? Fuck that.

So you either place your tents in too obvious places or hope a player won't have the toolbox? Looks like your problem.

I'm ok dying to a sniper if i dun goofed but just because i got thrown to a spawn zone and he happened to overlook it? Fuck that.

What are the chances of you randomly spawning on outskirts of a village on 225sqkm map with only 50 people on the server and there happen to be a sniper looking exactly at your spawn? Get real.

Besides this applies to only if you change server. Also traveling between servers and spawning where you left it on each one could be exploited in so many ways and not limited to the example I made.

Good point KK, it would also reduce server hopping, a crime worth killing for.

60 sec logoff timer (cant login on another server and still be visible on the last server you where until the timer runs off) and spawnpoint select could reduce the mainserver load by a huge margin.

Problems solved:

- players ALT + F4 @ PVP contact

- players selfkill respawn until they are near cherno/elektro

- server hopping for gear or random PK from a tower.

60 sec logoff timer (cant login on another server and still be visible on the last server you where until the timer runs off) and spawnpoint select could reduce the mainserver load by a huge margin.

Problems solved:

- players ALT + F4 @ PVP contact

- players selfkill respawn until they are near cherno/elektro

- server hopping for gear or random PK from a tower.

Good idea, will definitely solve ALT+F4 exploit.

...spawnpoint select could reduce the mainserver load by a huge margin.

Sounds good. Just keep the old spawns, no need to suddenly be able to spawn way north.