Sign in to follow this  
PoisonedAl

Sea Water Filled Canteens.

Being able to fill your empty canteens with sea water. They look the same as fresh water bottles but make you even more thirsty when you drink them. Just a little trap for new players, or a little trolling device for players to hide in loot piles or on themselves as a final "f**k you" for anyone who kills them and loots their corpse.

A silly idea but it tickled me.

• Like 6

Funniest thing i they had like 4 water bottles. Starts drinking, goes orange, hmm, drinks again, red. THE FUQ, drinks again flashing. *You are dead* lul

I don't know if you've tasted sea water, but I find it pretty unlikely that someone would chug an entire canteen full of sea water thinking it was fresh water, lol.

It might work if you took a sip and the survivor just spit it out and emptied it. It would be equivalent to an empty canteen, basically, and would still work as a troll. :P

• Like 4

Cant say I dislike the idea lol

but i think you'd notice as soon as the water enters your mouth, its salty, and so you wouldnt drink the whole bottle.

so adding this is kinda unfair but still, made me lol, beans for you kind sir.

I think it's an alright idea but as DancingBear said...

i think you'd notice as soon as the water enters your mouth, its salty, and so you wouldnt drink the whole bottle.

and so it doesn't really fit in with the whole idea of authenticity. I do think that you should be able to fill a water bottle with sea water in an emergency to save your life, but you would dehydrate much quicker until you find soda or fresh water. Also, if infections were ever added to DayZ saltwater in a water bottle could be a good disinfectant... Just an idea. Edited by KennyG

pretty sure you would just puke your brains out. adding this to the game has no benefit.

pretty sure you would just puke your brains out. adding this to the game has no benefit.

well that's part of the whole 'dehydrate quicker' aspect.

Well dur. That's the point. Before a patch it was possible to fill the bottles with sea water and drink it. It's something new players always tried but it's stupid to do in real life. It's a little trap not for being new, but for being stupid.

You would spit it out, but how about we consider this if we remove the increased dehydration rate? So you're wandering through the forests when you need a drink. You pull out one of the two water bottles you picked off a guy you killed earlier and start to drink it. When you realize it's salt water, you dump the bottle. Same goes when you try the other bottle. Now you aren't any more thirsty, but you have two less drinks than you thought you did, forcing you to find a pond or go into a town to refill these water bottles.

The only reason why I would agree with this is so I can fill my entire inventory with canteens and fill them with sea water, then got get myself killed by someone and make them think they hit the motherload. How about gasoline in the cantine? They drink it and they start losing health, or just as a makeshift jerry can in case you cant find one(lol, they are all over)

well, even with spitting it out, would leave a horrible after taste and would make you feel dehydrated....

so maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea. have it so drinking it doesnt take so long and makes a spitting sound effect and drops your thirst a bit.

not necessary to add.. but not too shabby if they want to add another element to the game :)

Being able to fill your empty canteens with sea water. They look the same as fresh water bottles but make you even more thirsty when you drink them. Just a little trap for new players, or a little trolling device for players to hide in loot piles or on themselves as a final "f**k you" for anyone who kills them and loots their corpse.

A silly idea but it tickled me.

You used to be able to drink sea water early release. lol

Reminds me of an idea someone psted before about leaving poisoned food/water around.