Inception.

The best sniper rifle in the game?

You know, that and it doesn't have a 480m audible radius like the AS50.

DMR is a valid zombie killing weapon, AS50 is pure "Herp derp imma pro sniper than can one hit kill anything on the map"

you carry an assault rifle or LMG in your backpack for mass zombies... (i personally use M4A1 holo. noob tubes are damn good luls)

and preferably an m9sd for clearing a path through them

Edited by Buffjesus

you carry an assault rifle or LMG in your backpack for mass zombies... (i personally use M4A1 holo. noob tubes are damn good luls)

and preferably an m9sd for clearing a path through them

Sure, until someone walks up behind you and pulls it out of your backpack and shoots you in the face.

I prefer not to snipe at all, firepower is my game, not camping on a hill looking over elektro adding to my ever expanding flashlight collection.

M9 is my favorite handgun in the game, to bad it doesn't take G17 mags but the G17 takes M9 mags :|

PDW is neat too, but it doesn't have that handgun charm to me.

Sure, until someone walks up behind you and pulls it out of your backpack and shoots you in the face.

I prefer not to snipe at all, firepower is my game, not camping on a hill looking over elektro adding to my ever expanding flashlight collection.

M9 is my favorite handgun in the game, to bad it doesn't take G17 mags but the G17 takes M9 mags :|

PDW is neat too, but it doesn't have that handgun charm to me.

role: medic

you dont know shit about real pvp

hell, from what you said you dont even know about handgun tiers

Im on a solo life at the moment, been through north got my DMR primary with my AKM in my Coyote backpack. I dont want to necesarily go looking to shoot people (camping watching in a city) but I would like it practice my sniping skills on other players in the wilderness, anyone got any good spots or areas to patrol?

Edited by Jud

role: medic

you dont know shit about real pvp

hell, from what you said you dont even know about handgun tiers

Im clearly poking fun at "pvp" snipers; no need to get mad.

And I don't care about handgun tiers, I actually LIKE the M9 and I don't care how good/bad my guns are.

You assume because I'm a medic that I don't actually kill players; wrong.

I don't get it why everyone seems to prefer the AS50 over the M107. Sure, the AS50 has benefits as taking both kinds of ammo and being better against behicles, but that's it.

This is what I think makes the M107 the better gun out of the two:

1. Better zoom. If you compare the two weapons zoomed in to max it's a rather big difference. Makes it easier hitting those far away targets.

2. Zooming with right mouse button, and + and - for stepless zoom, whereas the AS50 only have 2 step zoom, and you cant zoom in with the right mouse button.

3. Mildot system works. This is a BIG one! For the M107, M24, DRM and all the other snipers I've tried the mildot system has been working fine, EXCEPT for the AS50. The mildots aren't giving you the correct range with this weapon and If you're sniping distant targets and don't have a rangefinder you will have a hard time zeroing this gun correctly.

Just my two cents..

• Like 1

I don't get it why everyone seems to prefer the AS50 over the M107. Sure, the AS50 has benefits as taking both kinds of ammo and being better against behicles, but that's it.

This is what I think makes the M107 the better gun out of the two:

1. Better zoom. If you compare the two weapons zoomed in to max it's a rather big difference. Makes it easier hitting those far away targets.

2. Zooming with right mouse button, and + and - for stepless zoom, whereas the AS50 only have 2 step zoom, and you cant zoom in with the right mouse button.

3. Mildot system works. This is a BIG one! For the M107, M24, DRM and all the other snipers I've tried the mildot system has been working fine, EXCEPT for the AS50. The mildots aren't giving you the correct range with this weapon and If you're sniping distant targets and don't have a rangefinder you will have a hard time zeroing this gun correctly.

Just my two cents..

AS50 is quieter, more accurate, higher muzzle velocity, less bullet drop, less recoil, and can use both types of ammo (and does almost 180k damage with AS50 mags, better for taking out vehicles).

I personally have little difficulty estimating ranges by eye or memory, but maybe I'm alone on that one.

Plus the m107 just sounds... fake and something you expect from a sci-fi film ( maybe it does actually sound like that, but i still feel the same way)

Plus the m107 just sounds... fake and something you expect from a sci-fi film ( maybe it does actually sound like that, but i still feel the same way)

it does

but its not meant for killing people lol

its meant for anti vehicle (armor penetration) and explosive detonation tool (or something like that, it blows shit up from far away when you dont wanna get close)

nvm wrong thing

Edited by Buffjesus

AS50 is the best Ive used. Only problem with it is I find it really hard to get ammunition for it, meaning I have to carry around another primary in my pack at all times. Starting to think anyone who is running to cherno/elektro and sniping for any extended period of time has to be duping or scripting in the ammo, because I recently dropped the AS50 due to not having the ammo for too long.

AS50 is the best Ive used. Only problem with it is I find it really hard to get ammunition for it, meaning I have to carry around another primary in my pack at all times. Starting to think anyone who is running to cherno/elektro and sniping for any extended period of time has to be duping or scripting in the ammo, because I recently dropped the AS50 due to not having the ammo for too long.

everybody and their mother, friends, dog, hitler, zoidberg know that if you log out before using a full clip you get it all back

and yes, youre supposta carry an AR or LMG in your pack when sniping anyway

Love my AS50.

And @ OP NVG is the most useless item :P maxed HDR, brightness/Contrast. makes the game bright as day

svd camo is the crappiest sniper bad scope, no zoom , no zeoring ,

Well SVD requires some know how. but i never missed with it. but i still prefere my AS50

Honestly I like the DMR for the exact same reasons you listed. I've never had the pleasure of using an AS50 but it just sounds way too easy. I prefer at least a moderate challenge. Plus, since you can't zero it in, it makes for an interesting challenge to try and predict the path of the bullet moreso than other guns who just require you to push a button to change the range on them.

And I currently have 100 rounds of ammo for my DMR just on my person alone. I fucking love common magazines with 20 rounds each <3

Not that I'll ever use that many, only fired it twice since I got the latest one. Two headshots.

• Like 1

guess i should of worded it to how the rest of the world could understand

real snipers = players with good enough skill that they dont fuck up

Here, I'll word it so that you don't sound like a retard.

Real snipers do not exist in DayZ. What you have in DayZ are fanboys that think AM rifles are the cream of the crop when in comes to long range engagements. Just be glad your milisim isn't entirely realistic, or that beloved AS-50 wouldn't be much use against infantry at long range. 7.62/.338 rifles are the king of long range engagements, purely because of how accurate they are.

• Like 1

Here, I'll word it so that you don't sound like a retard.

Real snipers do not exist in DayZ. What you have in DayZ are fanboys that think AM rifles are the cream of the crop when in comes to long range engagements. Just be glad your milisim isn't entirely realistic, or that beloved AS-50 wouldn't be much use against infantry at long range. 7.62/.338 rifles are the king of long range engagements, purely because of how accurate they are.

oh shit guys

we have another retard that is comparing real life to a game

guess thats why DayZ was made on ArmA2 and not VBS1/2

Edited by Buffjesus

Sniper Rifles are situational in my experience. As much as I love using them...I have to recommend the M16 with an ACOG scope. You get a x32 magnification and up to ~750 meters using the elevation lines. You can fire in semi and burst (3 shots).

With the current Alt-F4 issues, AS50. No more thought needed. Accurate, powerful(1 shot), "silent", not that much recoil, good firerate.

Without Alt-F4 and at ranges up to 400m probably DMR. Especially when you have to kill several targets fast. But if i had to choose, id take the AS50.

oh shit guys

er, your're the idiot who first mentioned 'real snipers'.

AS50 is ez mode. If you want to bang on about how much skill you have then use a les efficient weapon.

er, your're the idiot who first mentioned 'real snipers'.

AS50 is ez mode. If you want to bang on about how much skill you have then use a les efficient weapon.

if you dont know internet lingo

please do not speak on the internet before learning it

just saw some guy sniping elektro

hit him once with the DMR

instant log out

real efficient gun, king of the instant DCs

not to mention i had to aim above the last mill dot to reach him at 700m zoomed

Edited by Buffjesus

oh shit guys

Well, Arma2 wants to be very realistic...BUT he is still wrong.

AM Rifles ARE effective.

<--proof. Just look what that 50cal can do to 3 guys behind a wall...on a mile distance...

instant log out

2/2 have logged out

hit once then just log out

how could anybody think that anything other than 1 shot kill snipers are good is beyond me

or i guess theyre good vs noobs who only have 7k blood and are being chased by zombies

Edited by Buffjesus

instant log out

The internet lingo comment is too retarded and objectively meaningless for me to bother formulating a response.

Let me help you try to understand the exceedingly simple concept I outlined:

The less efficient a weapon is at killing, is inversely directly proportional to the skill needed to obtain a kill.

If you suck with a DMR then thats because your skill level is capped by using such an easy weapon (AS50).