underpaidorphan

DayZ has become Deathmatch / Team Deathmatch

I agree ,something needs to be done.

I never murdered anyone else (always tried avoiding others as much as possible), and got lucky i met good people 50% of the time, the other times i got shot, but lately it has been that i get shot 90% of the time i meet other players.

70% of the time when i meet someone now i get shot on sight, and if i would co-operate with them, and to try to work together, i get shot in the back as soon as i turn myself around.

So naturally i now also kill everyone on sight, just because everyone else does the exact same thing, in fear of getting shot and losing your gear.

I can confirm our worst fears have come true. dayZ is now nothing more than just a deathmatch. The player base is way too retarded to enable any kind of meaningful cooperation. The current ratio for me meeting strangers is 2 good guys for every 8 bandits (those who shoot on sight). With such odds' date=' it no longer makes sense to try to even co-operate with anyone. 80% chance of getting killed while doing it is just too big risk.

Even getting a revenge to the bandits is useless, as most people seem to just disconnect whenever they see a real danger of getting killed.

[/quote']

I can confirm our worst fears, dayz has been overrun with mindless carebears who think is is supposed to be a reincarnation of left for dead where players run around killing horrible AI controlled zombies with military gear.

Im in a group of 7 survivors right now, and it is far from impossible to find people willing to cooperate ive found at least 2 people willing to work together, if only for a short while on every server ive ever played on since installing the mod.

I could go on and make up some random ass bullshit percentages and numbers but by now I think that would be a moot point.

[...]

A minute or two even isn't a bad thing' date=' gives me a chance to pee or go have a smoke. Half a day or more respawn punishment, for a game with an average player life expectancy of less than 30 minutes? Insane.

[/quote']

Wait, what if respawn time = life expectancy?

--- stuff---

^THIS' date=' so much!

Everyone wants to shoot down the idea of classes but that is exactly what this game needs. I just want realistic classes along the lines of "ex-professions" before the apocalypse.

[/quote']

Spawn with a random profession?

I can confirm our worst fears' date=' dayz has been overrun with mindless carebears who think is is supposed to be a reincarnation of left for dead where players run around killing horrible AI controlled zombies with military gear.[/quote']

I don't think so. Where do you get that from? Most of the 'carebears' that I know, including me, like the fact that game is not left 4 dead. I like the fact that this mod is open and somewhat realistic in having to gather the stuff you need, having danger of player killings etc. My problem is just that from my personal experience, since the bandit skins were removed, 8 out of 10 strangers I meet shoot me without even attempting to respond to my communication attempts.

Im in a group of 7 survivors right now' date=' and it is far from impossible to find people willing to cooperate ive found at least 2 people willing to work together, if only for a short while on every server ive ever played on since installing the mod. [/quote']

You've then had quite opposite experience than I've had. I'm happy to hear that you've had positive experiences with strangers. That seems to be quite rare these days. I personally also play in a group of survivors from community that existed already before dayZ, but that only makes it more of a team deathmatch.

Attempting to co-operate with strangers has become too risky, and that will ruin the game for a lot of people who don't join the game with existing group. Those who join the game alone and are expecting a kind of "realistic" zombie apocalypse experience where it makes sense to try to join up with other survivors will be greatly disappointed once they find out that majority of the survivors that you meet will just shoot you in face without any apparent reason or communication attempts.

To all who have had a bad experience building teamwork with randoms I have a question:

Why do you care?

Why not play with friends you already trust?

That is an absolute necessity in this mod!

I'm getting soooo sick of seeing everytime a change to the morality system is proposed the deathmatch-cowd jumping in with their "oh noes! them carebears wants to kill peeveepee!!!1111" mantra when in fact nothing could be further from the truth. PvP is great, it's the very heart of DayZ.

But the recent changes have turned an atmospheric, epic survival adventure into yet another mindless fragfest.

For some this is cool, others would like to see more player interaction than lining someone up and pulling the trigger, followed by a "lololol nooob!11" in chat.

I've never seen the mindless fragfest attitude. I avoid Cherno and Elektro and play with a squad.

So I ask again: why aren't people playing with friends?

I've never seen the mindless fragfest attitude. I avoid Cherno and Elektro and play with a squad.

I've seen it happening pretty much all over the place. Central / East / North' date=' South.

I do play with friends, but when you only play with friends and avoid or kill all strangers, you lose some of the unique and exiting aspects of this game. Essentially it only becomes team deathmatch instead of deathmatch.

For me, one of the most interesting aspects of dayZ is the fact that you can meet up and group up with strangers. I like realism, and even though zombie apocalypse is far from "realistic", I like to play the way I would behave in a real situation. In a real apocalyptic situation, it would make sense for people to group up and try to face the zombie threat together. This includes communicating, perhaps being wary of the others, but in the end gathering in groups of survivors. Not shooting everyone on sight.

I like the fact that game also has the aspect of some people being bandits, shooting other survivors. This would be a nice twist as long as the percentage of bandits stays low (let's say 10-20% max, as it was before the bandit skin removal). However, currently, the playerbase of dayZ appears to consist mainly retards who shoot on sight, which makes the co-operation among strangers too risky. If you have 80% risk (from my experience) of being shot on sight when attempting to communicate with strangers, sooner or later you will just start avoiding them alltogether, or just shooting them because if they spot you they will most likely kill you.

I actually do.

When I started playing DayZ a couple of weeks ago I played roughly 50% of my time solo/with random guys and 50% with my out-of-game buddies. This has dramatically changed lately since random groupings have become ridiculously dangerous. I basically only play with Rl buddies any more.

And for me this is one of the reasons why I'm slowly getting bored of the game. The interaction with strangers was for me the really thrilling part of the game and the KoS playstyle adopted by many players kills this experience for me.

EDIT: Dammit, Wüstenfuchs took the words right out of my mouth!

:D

We've been over this again and again. I'm getting tired of having to re-hash the same damn explanations over and over. Playing with a squad just changes this from DM to TDM. We are asking for social interaction within the game. Getting together with your clan buddies from outsside the game and then ganking everybody else you see defeats the original stated purpose of the game as a "social experiment". But, maybe I am the one who is delusional and full of shit, and this is exactly what rocket had in mind (y'know, metagaming and all that jazz). If this was the intent all along, then I'll just fuck off, I guess.

I'm getting soooo sick of seeing everytime a change to the morality system is proposed the deathmatch-cowd jumping in with their "oh noes! them carebears wants to kill peeveepee!!!1111" mantra when in fact nothing could be further from the truth. PvP is great' date=' it's the very heart of DayZ.

But the recent changes have turned an atmospheric, epic survival adventure into yet another mindless fragfest.

For some this is cool, others would like to see more player interaction than lining someone up and pulling the trigger, followed by a "lololol nooob!11" in chat.

[/quote']

its not that much different than before the bandit skins were removed tbh, noobs still shoot eachother etc in cherno for lulz etc

Its funny that anyone that doesnt like to be shot at and killed every 3 mins is assumed to be a carebear.

Its also assumed they want an easy game.

Maybe there should be two different types of server?

Implying all my friends buyed ARMA2 and just for one mod in alpha stage. I'm lucky that two friends of mine have the game, but some people don't have that luck.

I liked the bandit system. It needed work, but should have been kept. But finding punishments or game mechanics to deter bandits isn't the way to solve the deathmatch problem. I like to work together, for a long time I wouldn't attack other players and prefered to hide in the woods and raid remote towns. I was gathering a good supply of tools/food/ammo. Then my tent didn't save. It's alpha, I'll get over it.

I think one problem is that it is very hard to get a persistent base going. Tents need to be able to be placed more easily, and more fortifications need to be built. Sandbags, wooden barricades etc. It should also take work to get these bases built. So you would need to work together with other people to gather the materials and to maintain your supplies. I would hope being able to build communities would help with cooperation. I might just be naive. I would prefer to have a large portion of the players working together, or at least leaving each other be with a small handful of bandits.

Also once you die a few times you realize how easy it is to gather supplies again. Loot is much too common I think. There is no "should I take the magazine or the beans" or having to beg/kill someone for food because it is all so easy to find. I think this really adds to the deathmatch feel. I can just kill that guy for shits and giggles and who cares if him or his buddies get me? I'll just be able to gather my supplies again easily. Ammo and food should be much scarcer, which would lead to people working together AND bandits actually killing out of necessity instead of just because.

After this past update I've been finding STANAG/Glock/Makarov/.45 ammo everywhere, which really doesnt help.

To decrease people killing eachother, why not add small morale boosts when travelling with other survivors? These boosts can include stuff such as quicker reloading or blood recovering slowly over time.

Its funny that anyone that doesnt like to be shot at ... is assumed to be a carebear.

That's actually the exact definition of a "carebear."

To decrease people killing eachother' date=' why not add small morale boosts when travelling with other survivors? These boosts can include stuff such as quicker reloading or blood recovering slowly over time.

[/quote']

Because imo that way you would end up with one big group roaming around hunting solo players. Not that that isn't what it's like now lol

In my current life I've been alive for a full week now, and I have yet to kill another player, and I've only been shot at a few times. I make it a point not to player-kill. I've had many opportunities, and held my fire when I could have taken an easy shot. So yes, there are friendlies.

Its funny that anyone that doesnt like to be shot at ... is assumed to be a carebear.

Definition: an insult, the term applies less to players who merely prefer PVE to PVP and more to individuals who question the basic legitimacy of PVP or who greatly overreact to their avatars' deaths.

As used in DayZ: Someone who likes anything that isn't total bandit griefing (not PvP, many PvP players hate griefing and are labelled carebears for it.)

Definition: an insult' date=' the term applies less to players who merely prefer PVE to PVP and more to individuals who question the basic legitimacy of PVP or who greatly overreact to their avatars' deaths.

As used in DayZ: Someone who likes anything that isn't total bandit griefing (not PvP, many PvP players hate griefing and are labelled carebears for it.)

[/quote']

I throw a suggestion a while ago, not condemning at all the PvP, not punishing "bandits", not rewarding "survivors", I just suggest more aggro from zeds everytime some PvP took place, aggro for everyone, no matter if you're the "good" guy or the "bad" guy.

The idea was making the zombies something more to take care of... and they called me carebear just for that, the word lost his meaning already, as now is just a troll kid word, or something you say to someone who doesn't think like you.

Many players probably are. But the really cool part of Day Z is how you manage to form groups with strangers. This have gotten increasingly harder thanks to the strange meta game that has developed from the fact that there is absolutely no repercussions to killing people now.

Definition: an insult' date=' the term applies less to players who merely prefer PVE to PVP and more to individuals who question the basic legitimacy of PVP or who greatly overreact to their avatars' deaths.

[/quote']

People definitely overuse the term, but if you come to a PvP game and then complain that there's too much PvP, that pretty much falls right in there with the definition.

I don't think I've seen any flaming on people who want cooperative objectives in the game IN ADDITION to the PvP that already exists -- maybe implement holstered weapons and have a clan try and maintain a post-apocalyptic city where your weapon must be holstered, letting you trade with other players and what not.

I throw a suggestion a while ago' date=' not condemning at all the PvP, not punishing "bandits", not rewarding "survivors", I just suggest more aggro from zeds everytime some PvP took place, aggro for everyone, no matter if you're the "good" guy or the "bad" guy.

The idea was making the zombies something more to take care of... and they called me carebear just for that, the word lost his meaning already, as now is just a troll kid word, or something you say to someone who doesn't think like you.

[/quote']

This is exactly what I am talking about when players talk about "carebear." It is nonsense to try and curtail PvP by having zombies aggro PvP'ers.

Logge din after work just now on the coast near Electro as a new character. There were no less than 6 dead newb bodies within a 20 foot radius.

good times.

[/quote']

People definitely overuse the term, but if you come to a PvP game and then complain that there's too much PvP, that pretty much falls right in there with the definition.

I don't think I've seen any flaming on people who want cooperative objectives in the game IN ADDITION to the PvP that already exists -- maybe implement holstered weapons and have a clan try and maintain a post-apocalyptic city where your weapon must be holstered, letting you trade with other players and what not.

I throw a suggestion a while ago' date=' not condemning at all the PvP, not punishing "bandits", not rewarding "survivors", I just suggest more aggro from zeds everytime some PvP took place, aggro for everyone, no matter if you're the "good" guy or the "bad" guy.

[/quote']

This is exactly what I am talking about when players talk about "carebear." It is nonsense to try and curtail PvP by having zombies aggro PvP'ers.

Zombies already aggro PvP'ers from the simple fact they react to gunfire. Are you suggesting the zombies should get out of the way of PvPers?

A greater threat from zombies, perhaps just from numbers, would deter flagrant gunfights in the streets while not preventing them. I'm in the camp for more and more dangerous zombies. Numbers and variations. Maybe even get some true slow zombies mixed in with the rest.

SeptusCap, you'd be a great editor at Fox News.

I've said it before. This game needs factions, with uniforms. Sure it won't completely eliminate bandits, but at least there is a higher chance you'll be able to band with someone in your faction. It can happen the same way you can choose to become a woman. Each faction could have its own chat, and trust would still be an issue because of spies. Turf wars would be a blast.

This everyone is a survivor thing has truly made this mod a free for all deathmatch game with zombies. I love being able to work with other players, but that just isn't happening anymore. since the patch that removed bandit skins, I have not once been able to pair up with someone after countless attempts of calling friendly. Its not about me complaining about being shot at, its that the players who were usually friendly aren't anymore whether they want to be, or not.