Sign in to follow this  
josh1803

Deer stands with no loot?

When I worked out where I was on the map I noticed there where 3 deer stands in a triangle shape near by (South-west of Bor). After almost dying for a G17 and MP5 mag on the first one I took better care approaching the next two only to find bothe of them bone dry! Not even empty cans or bottles. Being rather new to Dayz I was pretty disappointed. Can anyone tell me what this is about?

It seems like when script kiddies are active in servers sometimes they break the legit spawn scripts. They're broken until the server restarts. But in this case it does sound like someone beat you to one or both of them.

Edited by sp86

Could possibly have been looted prior to you arriving.

Could be spawn lag or random bug.

Or no loot was supposed to spawn.

Edited by BioHaze

Yeah, not 100% loot chance. If you honestly wait like 10mins or so the game should roll another chance to spawn loot. So it might be there... or you might have wasted your time.. :P

Clearly you don't understand the way loot spawns in this game, there are about 500 threads regarding this matter but I'll go ahead and spell this out for you since you can't search the forums before posting.

Loot begins to spawn when a players signature comes within 200m of the spawn point. This will also cause Zombies to spawn. Loot can take anywhere from 5-10 min to fully spawn into any location. If you approach a spawn point and it is empty, leave the area (100+ meters is usually sufficient) and wait a few more min before re-approaching to check for loot again.

Edited by Acix

They randomized the loot some time ago. Which, basically bugs and either it doesn't spawn or spawns tin cans.

It was to curb the care bears bitching about the fact that real players have good guns cause they are intelligent and know where to look and they don't.

Care bears, they don't care about anything but themselves. What a fucking oxymoron.

• Like 1

They randomized the loot some time ago. Which, basically bugs and either it doesn't spawn or spawns tin cans.

It was to curb the care bears bitching about the fact that real players have good guns cause they are intelligent and know where to look and they don't.

Care bears, they don't care about anything but themselves. What a fucking oxymoron.

23sxifp.jpg

Blaming imaginary boogeymen for an imaginary problem in a virtual world. First world problems.

Clearly you don't understand the way loot spawns in this game, there are about 500 threads regarding this matter but I'll go ahead and spell this out for you since you can't search the forums before posting.

Loot begins to spawn when a players signature comes within 200m of the spawn point. This will also cause Zombies to spawn. Loot can take anywhere from 5-10 min to fully spawn into any location. If you approach a spawn point and it is empty, leave the area (100+ meters is usually sufficient) and wait a few more min before re-approaching to check for loot again.

What part of "Being rather new" didn't you understand? Thanks for the help anyway though..

• Like 1

What part of "Being rather new" didn't you understand? Thanks for the help anyway though..

I think what Acix is referencing is not that you are new to DayZ, but that you seem to be new to the "internet". That's what he's kinda irritated by. See, had you had the experience of using the internet you would have started your quest for knowledge by searching the internet. Using your favorite search engine of choice, Acix is suggesting that you put in some keywords like "DayZ" "Loot" "Spawn" and possibley some extras to round out the search like "timer". That, as Acix was pointing out, would have returned some 500 or so threads on various forums...including this one:

http://dayzmod.com/f...-what-you-want/

I got that one by searching, on google.com, the following keywords "DayZ Loot Farming". It was a very informative thread, look past all the he-said-she-said name calling and it was good.

So, Acix wasn't dumping on you because you can't play DayZ and are all noob and shit, he was dumping on you because you apparently don't know how the internet works.

Oh, and a side note, your little three deer stands are pretty much the ones all new players figure is a good place to loop through. Not a bad idea...approach each one slowly, from the back, if there's loot and you don't want it or need it, you have two options...leave it or pick it up and dump it off some where (as you'll learn by reading the above thread...loot does not despawn...so new loot won't spawn there until old loot is picked up). That some where is important. Don't leave it on the ground at the foot of the ladder...that just tells other people that some one is farming the deer stands. But my real suggestion for you...don't loot farm those stands...they are pretty popular and you will likely get smoked.

Out.

Edited by Demon20
  • Like 1

La la la.

I posted on the wrong forum thread. lol

Damn multiwindowing!

Edited by teteiyusu