Sign in to follow this  
stewwy

Choose between restart with nothing or with our stuff

It would be great if when we die, we can choose between restarting with nothing or with our previous stuff.

Make me crazy to be killed by some s***** sniper

There are also those server when we are teleported to a new area with everybody.

But then everyone would choose previous stuff? lol.

Most stupid suggestion award goes tooooo.............. thats right you got it.

Edited by Dez.
  • Like 5

Is that really a choice? Do you think anyone would select to spawn without their gear??

Death should suck, it should make you want to cry, I hope Rocket can make it hurt more.

Personally I think it should be harder, I'd get rid of tents and storing weapons in vehicles, so when you die, you really have to start again.

• Like 1

Is that really a choice? Do you think anyone would select to spawn without their gear??

Death should suck, it should make you want to cry, I hope Rocket can make it hurt more.

I remember when me an my wife started playing this game and we both got taken out at the NWAF after we,d survived several days had several hundred zombie kills and had the best gear in our dayz game so far.

We both cradled each other and sobbed ourselves to sleep that night.

Edited by Lumberjack
  • Like 1

I've said it many times before... Starting without a gun is one of the things I love the most about DayZ. It makes the game so much more challenging and enjoyable. Also, it kinda says to you that you'd better take this game serious, or you'll have to start again without anything.

So to sum up, I do not think there should be an option to start with your old gear. That would ruin the whole point, and seriousnes, of dieing.

• Like 2

Meh should take away inventory also.. should only be able to stash a mag or two in your pockets and stuff a handgun in your waist band. You should hunt for food and find water when you need it!

Every time you die you should lose a limb also... thats true hardcore mode.

Edited by Dez.

I see. Everyone here is a sniper xD.

It's always when it's become fun that you are killed by a sniper or teleported to a military base with everyone inside.

@dez thanks for the award

But the true hardcore mode is: you die, you die.

Nobody talk or write a message. Perhaps it's because of that I find the mod boring.

Perhaps is they add a squad mod it will be more fun.

I'm sure the whole fact that you start on a beach is because you were washed up on the shoreline, for some reason or another-- Starting with the gear you previously had; not only makes no sense-- because of the fact that you're technically playing as a different person, but just completely negates the fear you have of getting killed.

There's a reason you get a rush out of engaging someone in a gunfight, or kill someone in DayZ, and a reason why PVP in World of Warcraft makes you want to tear your eyes out because of sheer boredom.

Idea, when you die, run headlong into Elektro agroing zombies the whole way. Run into a building to lose zombies. Find hatchet. Run to Dobryy Hill. Kill token bad sniper with said hatchet. Loot gear. Come on forums. Read post by bad sniper about how you hacked him.

it should be changed so that when you die you game automaticaaly uninstalls itself and you have to reinstall the game to play again

• Like 3

it should be changed so that when you die you game automaticaaly uninstalls itself and you have to reinstall the game to play again

This straight up, made me lol. Thank you kind sir.

It's not really "permadeath", is it? You don't die permanently. The only thing that happens, is that you respawn with no equipment at the beach. That is the whole reason why KOS is a factor in the game at all. Were the stakes higher, you'd see much more cooperation, especially between groups, because... If you kill one of my group, I'll kill one of your group. The only thing resembling permadeath in this game, is really the global ban for hackers. They're the ones who enjoy the true thrill of this game (at the cost of honest players, of course, and thus I'm of course for banning their asses).

It's not really "permadeath", is it? You don't die permanently. The only thing that happens, is that you respawn with no equipment at the beach. That is the whole reason why KOS is a factor in the game at all. Were the stakes higher, you'd see much more cooperation, especially between groups, because... If you kill one of my group, I'll kill one of your group. The only thing resembling permadeath in this game, is really the global ban for hackers. They're the ones who enjoy the true thrill of this game (at the cost of honest players, of course, and thus I'm of course for banning their asses).

I dont follow, how would being able to restart with all your weapons and having not lost a single thing make "the stakes higher"?

While I agree that PvP is not currently in an ideal state, something like this would literally defeat the entire point of this game.

It would be like getting a tactical nuke in [insert COD game here] by simply turning on your Xbox.

Well they could make different 'modes' where you could respawn with your stuff or w/e, but I think that takes a lot of the charm of what DayZ is away and how it works.

I like to think about this game like a huge zombie Metal Gear Solid game.

Weapons and Equipment OSP (ON SITE PROCUREMENT)

Or maybe Im just obsessed with MGS :o

Well they could make different 'modes' where you could respawn with your stuff or w/e, but I think that takes a lot of the charm of what DayZ is away and how it works.

It is literally a CORE idea of gameplay and shouldn't be removed. That would be like taking the levels and gear out of WoW.
  • Like 2