Sign in to follow this  
Theplanbpill

Item duping fixed = More level playing field?

I think it's getting a little ridiculous how many top teir guns I'm seeing on kids with no actual survival skills. Most of the time we can assume this is from one of there friends finding a good item and duping the hell out of it. Now, don't get me wrong here, I've been the culprite of duping before. My friend and I did it out of pure spite. The server murdered our characters and we wanted backups just in case. But it was easy to abuse this godly power we have. My friend kind of wants to duplicate the hell out of stuff when I just want to keep it to a minimum for back ups.

Anyone else have some stories about finding characters that have obviously duping?

Do you guys think the number of amazing guns laying around will be reduced once this is fixed?

Do you guys think the number of amazing guns laying around will be reduced once this is fixed?

Yes.

In other exciting news: ground to become less wet after rain stops; toilet less full after flushing.

• Like 1

Yes.

In other exciting news: ground to become less wet after rain stops; toilet less full after flushing.

Just starting conversation.

In response to the topic title: Since everyone already has all the best gear, duped or gotten from bodies of dupers, I would say the playing field is pretty level.

When duping gets fixed, than it won't be level at all, with huge contrast between player equipment.

There are more high end gear than there are makarovs on the map. One thermo is going to be duped, dropped, taken and duped again and then 100 people have an ultra rare gun. One of the main aspects of the this game which is searching for items is nullified right now.

I think it's getting a little ridiculous how many top teir guns I'm seeing on kids with no actual survival skills. Most of the time we can assume this is from one of there friends finding a good item and duping the hell out of it. Now, don't get me wrong here, I've been the culprite of duping before. My friend and I did it out of pure spite. The server murdered our characters and we wanted backups just in case. But it was easy to abuse this godly power we have. My friend kind of wants to duplicate the hell out of stuff when I just want to keep it to a minimum for back ups.

Anyone else have some stories about finding characters that have obviously duping?

I must say sir, you are hillarious.

So the devs have said that duping is an exploit and will be dealth with as such.

And then i read your post, and i couldn't do anything but choke on the irony in it.

"I've been the culprite of duping before. My friend and I did it out of pure spite".

I admire your honesty sir.

Let's just hope for your sake the mod's do the same, shall we?

By that I do not mean you will get banned, but it could happen as far as I know.

People have been banned for less, just to let you know.

But I did get a good laugh, and yes I know the issue with alot of thing's getting duped, even when it's not intentional.

You guys think when the game goes stand alone(by then hopefully duping will get fixed) everything is going to get reset? All items despawn? Wait, is the stand alone going to still be using the same map, servers, character IDs? Now I'm wondering what will happen then? Everything starts fresh?

You guys think when the game goes stand alone(by then hopefully duping will get fixed) everything is going to get reset? All items despawn? Wait, is the stand alone going to still be using the same map, servers, character IDs? Now I'm wondering what will happen then? Everything starts fresh?

It's a different game, derp.

So the devs have said that duping is an exploit and will be dealth with as such.

And then i read your post, and i couldn't do anything but choke on the irony in it.

"I've been the culprite of duping before. My friend and I did it out of pure spite".

By that I do not mean you will get banned, but it could happen as far as I know.

But I did get a good laugh, and yes I know the issue with alot of thing's getting duped, even when it's not intentional.

My honesty didn't first come without the knowledge that in no way my forum user account and DayZ character ID is connected in away. Unless IP or something but I doubt they'd go to that length. They want me to buy the game and IP banning is only reserved for actual hackers(As far as I know). I'm just exploiting a game that already screwed me out of hours of hard work. Alpha I know.

Completely different game with completely different databases, running completely different systems.

I have no idea how to dupe items (except for backpacks, ran into that on accident.) But I constantly run into tents full of "rare" guns. Found 6 L85's in one camp.

I think since I know how to duplicate back packs, I'm going to take everyone's duplicated high end gear out of their tents and fill them up with patrol packs and then save the tents. Imagine your disappointment when you go to your camp to pick up your M107 but all you have in your tent is 50 starter back packs.

• Like 1

Yeah a ban for being involved with a bug in an alpha.

You don't even have to know how to dupe to do it. There are so many ways to do it you can do it by accident.

There are more high end gear than there are makarovs on the map. One thermo is going to be duped, dropped, taken and duped again and then 100 people have an ultra rare gun. One of the main aspects of the this game which is searching for items is nullified right now.

Hide ALL the bodies!

I have no idea how to dupe items (except for backpacks, ran into that on accident.) But I constantly run into tents full of "rare" guns. Found 6 L85's in one camp.

I think since I know how to duplicate back packs, I'm going to take everyone's duplicated high end gear out of their tents and fill them up with patrol packs and then save the tents. Imagine your disappointment when you go to your camp to pick up your M107 but all you have in your tent is 50 starter back packs.

omg lol this ^^^

Hide ALL the bodies!

How's that gonna work? If someone kills a guy with thermo, they will take it and dupe it to all their friends and camps. And then it's gonna happen again, and again. Hiding bodies could only work if someone would leave a rare gun in a body or when I would kill someone with a rare gun that I don't need.

Two temporary solutions:

1. Dupe low-end equipment. 1000's of DB shotguns is what we need!! (/Sarcasm, I don't know how to dupe and don't care to.)

2. Use enfield to shoot people, then hide their body without taking the rare loot.

Edited by baz