Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Clean187

Question about the items of Hackers

So last night, my group and I got murdered by a bunch of bandits, including one that I think was a hacker. We got vengeance later on, which confirmed he was hacking.

He had a G36 Silenced with an AIM attachment. Now since this weapon isn't listed on Dayzdb or the wiki, I assumed it was hacked and told my partner to put the gun on the body, and hide it. I've heard rumours that if you are caught with a hacked weapon that's not supposed to be in the game, that you can be banned. Is this true?

Does the same go for if you happen upon a hacker's crate of weapons, and take things out of it...can you be banned for that as well? I am curious. Id also like to know if it's a ban worthy offence.

Thanks peeps! =)

So last night, my group and I got murdered by a bunch of bandits, including one that I think was a hacker. We got vengeance later on, which confirmed he was hacking.

He had a G36 Silenced with an AIM attachment. Now since this weapon isn't listed on Dayzdb or the wiki, I assumed it was hacked and told my partner to put the gun on the body, and hide it. I've heard rumours that if you are caught with a hacked weapon that's not supposed to be in the game, that you can be banned. Is this true?

Does the same go for if you happen upon a hacker's crate of weapons, and take things out of it...can you be banned for that as well? I am curious. Id also like to know if it's a ban worthy offence.

Thanks peeps! =)

Well, how do you know he didn't come across the gun the same way you did. If you take the gun and someone kills you, you are now a hacker...BOOM.

Thanks peeps! =)

Where does this bullshit rumor come from. if you find a hacked weapon, you can use it all you like. As long as you are not the one hacking it in.

http://battleye.com/support.html - Read that.

There is also similar from Rocket from DayZ point of view (go through his post history to find it if you want clarification. He has too many and i can't be bothered)

And also, as the above post states, just because the person is using a hacked weapon, does not make them a hacker.

As with weapons creates, i assume the same rules apply. You did not hack in the create so don't worry about it.

On a side note, most weapons creates are local (meaning only the person who spawned it can see what is in it). Only the retards will spawn global crates, for reasons that will take me too long to explain.

• Like 1

Where does this bullshit rumor come from. if you find a hacked weapon, you can use it all you like. As long as you are not the one hacking it in.

http://battleye.com/support.html - Read that.

There is also similar from Rocket from DayZ point of view (go through his post history to find it if you want clarification. He has too many and i can't be bothered)

And also, as the above post states, just because the person is using a hacked weapon, does not make them a hacker.

As with weapons creates, i assume the same rules apply. You did not hack in the create so don't worry about it.

On a side note, most weapons creates are local (meaning only the person who spawned it can see what is in it). Only the retards will spawn global crates, for reasons that will take me too long to explain.

Thanks! you are a champion.

Well, how do you know he didn't come across the gun the same way you did. If you take the gun and someone kills you, you are now a hacker...BOOM.

That's kind of the point, we didn't know. I thought he was, because he had that gun. Which he shouldn't have in the first place. Yeah it's totally possible that he came across it in much the same way. But we were also being shot at by invisible people on the same server. So, yeah.

Yes, just think about it this way. You get killed by a person...your murderer walks up and loots your body, this person is the admin of a server and finds you with a couple hacked items. What do you suppose he's going to do?

Edited by Noose

Think you're a hacker. I figured it'd be better safe than sorry, which is why I asked my partner to get rid of the weapon.

I just got a AS50 TWS from a tent. So this means what? I know people with hacked weapons (those who got them from hackers or tents etc. without hacking themselves) won't be banned. But to be on the safe side, should I destroy that weapon, leave it behind? How can I destroy it?

I exchanged it with my AKS-74 Cobra. Oh my gaaawd! It's my first decent weapon since the AKS-74 Cobra and this one I got right before the AS50 TWS. I haven't even fired each of the weapon. I guess it's back to the dinner bell then.

PS: I know they won't ban me because they have said so but still...make me feel better.