drunkenteddybear

is the m4a1 camo sd worth the risk?

dafuq u talking about? all m4's do 3555 damage

That's old. The weapons were nerfed and now look like this

AKs less powerful then M4s and other hilarity.

hey guys.

it's me again with a stupid question :D

i can't complain about my gear. i've got nv (just found - i screamed like a little girl haha), mk48, m9 sd with a lot of mags, ghillie suit etc.

but the thing i really want to own is the m4a1 sd. because i love silenced guns for my kind of gameplay-tactics.

yeah and maybe gps so i can coordinate a little bit easier. thatswhy i'm lurking around the airfield right now, to find one of these things.

but is it worth the risk of getting shot, because i'm too greedy? do i overrate the m4a1 sd? never had it but wanted it the whole time :(

If you wish to maintain your stealth while engaging targets, then yes, the M4A1 SD will aid you in doing so. With your current load-out, it can't hurt!

Yes i know about the changes. But only sidearms, AKs and mp5's were affected. m4's were unchanged

link you gave shows the m4 sd with nerfed damage. You're gonna have to site the source of that cause I've never heard m4 sd damage nerf and neither has anyone I know. Damage seems to be based on the ammo used, not the gun itself. stanag ammo wasn't changed

I was hacked two days ago, on the server I play on most.

I spawned into another server and there was a tent on the train tracks near Kamyshovo and it looked empty (no circle around the gear icon). I decided to look anyway.

Full SD package. M4a1 SD camo with M9SD and clips to spare.

I have had it for a couple days now.

It sucks though, I hate it. Weak ass NATO weapons.

What a fucking joke. If I went to a real war and they gave me that, I would break it. And, request a real weapon (socom m1a, m14, m24)

link you gave shows the m4 sd with nerfed damage. You're gonna have to site the source of that cause I've never heard m4 sd damage nerf and neither has anyone I know. Damage seems to be based on the ammo used, not the gun itself. stanag ammo wasn't changed

The gun in discussion only fires SD ammo. So again, dafuq you talking about?

And no it's not my responsibility to provide you with the source. You were given two separate links in the last five minutes, including my own, and I'm going to trust the information on those two links long before some random chart "developed by Pataclocked" that you decided to contribute. I know, I know...call me crazy but I'm going to take the word of a website that I know is constantly updated over your chart that looks like it was made six months ago.

Damage IS based on ammo (and barrel length etc) and STANAG SD =/= STANAG. SD rounds are subsonic so as to be 'silent'. It's perfectly logical.

is there a way to confirm this? I use stanag sd in my M4 (non-sd) and damage seems to be same

Why not just find a Bison? It has a tiny bit less accuracy, and worse sights, but double the mag, and it's not nearly as rare, as well as not in a nearly as dangerous a place.

worse main hand weapon ever lol

a M4A1 CCO SD is a 2shot kill to zombies, 3 to players yes its worth it and only takes stanag SD rounds, if you want i have one i really dont want, im a sniper so i dont really need it. if you want it i can give it to you just message me on here.

it is definately not 3 shot kill to people

and definately not 3 shot to kill with SD rounds

youre somewhere up in the range of 10-11 bullets with SD rounds.

youll barely give them a bruise with that gun

it is 100% zombie killing gun only

edit: oh it seems the thread is already bashing the kid over this.

DAMAGE IS BASED ON AMMO USED NOT THE GUN. SD ROUNDS ARE WEAKER, SLOWER, DROP FASTER.

Edited by Buffjesus

I love mine.

but that's because i play sneaky :D untill i unleash my first .50 cal shot. shoot 1-3 shots depending on how many targets.

and reposition :D

... ummm what!?

M9sd takes 6-7 center mass shots m4sd takes 2...

If you can't get a headshot on a zombie you haven't aggro'd yet---which is one of the reasons you're using silenced weapons in the first place---you might want to try harder.

Right now ammo isn't a problem because of various bugs and exploits but if it ever gets as scarce as it is intended the people who can get headshots will always have ammo while people who can't will probably be running around with hatchets.

Best zombie killing gun in the game.

Smaller mags than the Bizon but the much higher damage is great for when you have to kill crawlers or hoppers that are facing away from you.

Also has a red-dot sight which is 10x better than the Bizons iron sights.

It's decent for PvP as well doing the same amount of dmg ast he AK variants and it makes up for the reduced range with the suppressor.

Also ammo for the m4sd is MUCH easier to find than bizon mags.

Edited by vile.

a M4A1 CCO SD is a 2shot kill to zombies, 3 to players

How does 3 x 2.700 = 12.000 ?

Edited by Hawk24

well, i try to avoid all kinds of zombie-contact because all i need is a coke from time to time. so no raids for beans or ammo :D. i safe my ammo for pvp. and it seems like the mk48 will serve better.

anyway i looted the barracks over and over again and never found one to try it on my own :(

but i found the m136 this morning with 2 rockets. unfortunately the rockets take like 5 or 6 free spaces in backpack and that's just a waste.

i hope i'll find gps and rangefinder soon, so i can say that i'm "complete" :D

Edited by drunkenteddybear

Wepaon is one thing, your skill and how you like to play is another. If you like to get close to the enemy and are good at it, m4a1 sd will be your trusted friend. If you prefer to take out your enemy from a big distance, it is a bad choice. I for my part love the m4sd (never had it in dayz) and would trade it for a sniper rifle at any time, just because i am a really bad sniper but i am good in close combat and in sneaking up to the enemy.

On another note, the m4sd is good for the night - it has no muzzle flash.

Find a sniper rifle, it dosent need to be suppressed if you kill them with one shot.

if you're a bandit and camp for targets - yes, of course :D

but i like to move. a sniper doesn't fit in my gameplay.

and sometimes a sniper rifle is a bad choice.

its the most useful gun in the game

silent

2 hit kill on zombies

4-5 hit kill on ppl

in semi auto there is no recoil, no matter how many rounds u shoot

i was unloading M4A1SD into a noob and he blew me away with a cheap ass shotgun.

We both died. Now I'm going to use the SAW249 or go back to the M4A3.