Sign in to follow this  
Tobu

Artifacting fix, maybe?

Me and my friend stumbled on this by accident, it works for us but I can't guarantee that it will work for others.

Basically if you encounter artifacts you just change your Vsync setting. Doesn't matter whether its on or off but changing it helps. Well, helped us anyway.

What you did was flush it. Works better and more often if you change your video memory to high then to default. Note that isnt a fix. Just a way around it temporarily. Rockets 1.7.3 will actually fix it though.

Edit: The DayZ Dev teams v1.7.3. Didn't mean to exclude all the others.

Edited by F3 Phoenix

Is usually works for me by just changing to fullscreen or the other way around. No idea why you made this thread in the general forums.

Also, that "fix" has been around since the release of the patch.

It's weird that they haven't fixed it already.. It stops you from going to almost all high-populated area's (Stary, NW, Cherno, Balota, Berezino medical camp).. I want to visit those places again!

What you did was flush it. Works better and more often if you change your video memory to high then to default. Note that isnt a fix. Just a way around it temporarily. Rockets 1.7.3 will actually fix it though.

Edit: The DayZ Dev teams v1.7.3. Didn't mean to exclude all the others.

Changing video memory has never worked for me, for whatever reason. And yeah, should have called it a workaround instead.

Is usually works for me by just changing to fullscreen or the other way around. No idea why you made this thread in the general forums.

Also, that "fix" has been around since the release of the patch.

I made this thread because it might help someone.

Changing video memory has never worked for me, for whatever reason. And yeah, should have called it a workaround instead.

I'm just glad you aren't an idiot lol (points at his squad that shot a goat right outside of the NW Airfield) "These assholes get me in some deep shit because they are incompetant."

You can also simply replace the updated files for the models in the dayz addons folder with the old version file, easily found, problem 100% gone.

Changing texture quality usually works for me, I have it very high, so I drop to high, if that dont work, drop to medium and so on, then back to very high, and keep changing it, it always eventually works for me, sometimes not straight away but it does the job.

I'm just glad you aren't an idiot lol (points at his squad that shot a goat right outside of the NW Airfield) "These assholes get me in some deep shit because they are incompetant."

Lol, reminds me of the first time I raided the NW airfield with a buddy. Everything went smoothly till he got greedy and decided to hit up the northern barracks as well and somehow fired his AKM on accident, attracting a horde of zombies and some snipers to boot :P I think I managed to kill one of the snipers though before the swarm got me.