Sign in to follow this  
Deuzerre

Ah, I knew I shouldn't join servers with a pop>20...

Long story short, I died to a hacker.

Long version:

I spawn in a server with more people, as I only intend to go through the wilderness anyway. I still end up in a town, get in a big building, make a fireplace (yeah, I always make them inside) and cook some meat to get closer to 12K. As I move out (leaving the fireplace alight) I almost go out of the building... But suddenly the screen shakes. I think I've been hit by a zed, but no damage, and I went back inside. I look around and see that the building is collapsed near the fireplace. Two shakes later, I bail out, thinking the building was going to fall on my head... I run, look around for a second, see the building hihgly damaged...

Again a blurred vision silence black and white, this time with legs broken.

"I died" I suddenly realised. From the mystical "Hackers". Not in a fancy "Yo dawg, gotta teleport you dude, then you all die!". Not in "Jeeeeeet!" way. Not to any other "Funny" way a hacker may use to kill people with style. No, just a lame artillery strike.

My 22 days character, full stuff apart from GPS, is dead. No one around to get the stuff back, nothing. i'll be starting from scratch again. In itself, it isn't such a problem. It's just that this character was the one that lasted the longest, without killing humans.

That character survived three daylight helicopter crash lootings, 5 night time helicopter crashes, 8 raids to NE airfield (two with exchanges of gunfire) and 2 NWAF raids. All of that solo. Countless hours of crawling, checking the horizon, looking at Zed infested towns and thinking "Not that town today", around 12 firefights that generally ended with enemy broken legs or disconnects, not one ALT+F4 on my end, a dozen tent downs looted and destroyed, one bicycle found, many many deer stands explored. One raid in Cherno in daylight in "Run and Gun, 1 vs all zombies" mode. 3 medical assistances.

Well, this was the story of someone who played the game in a boring, "Survivalist" way some PvPers would say, but it was still a lengh most people don't reach, and died for a sad little moron that is now giggling, living in his own feces, with a half hard on because he is now impotent due to too much junk food. Or someone that craves for power when at work he's the lowest of salarymen. Something like that. A sad living soul. I feel pity, not rage. And a bit of sadness. He'll try to feed on my tears, failing to realise they were directed to him/her anyway.

• Like 2

Feel sorry for you man, I can totally relate to that story. Im too scared to log in atm, aussie servers have been under attack for the past couple of hours.

Now you know to not get too emotionally invested in your characters survival. The games not stable enough at this point in it's development to expect cheap shit like this to not happen regularly.

• Like 1

that blows man, f*kin hate these stupid script kiddies ruining the game

pretty annoying to die to hacking crap yeh but gonna happen as long as the game is still in such early stages unfortunatly :S

Sucks man, but like Twaski said, never get attached to your gear or character, and with so much "hackerz omg" threads out there, you should expect his :(

But starting again is always fun anyway :D

AJ

The games not stable enough at this point in it's development to expect cheap shit like this to not happen regularly.

When will people realise those hacks are used to work in arma2 and some script kiddies recoded small parts of it to make them work for dayz...

These hacks have been there since Arma2 was released, so don't tell me these hacks exist due to lack of development from dayz

It is really sad that you died to a hacker, but with that said the story seems pretty amazing till you look at the thread title.... Tell me what is the challenge in playing on low pop servers? That makes all that raiding pretty easy and really nothing special at all.

Title says it all. I find playing on highly populated servers with all the artifacting/hacking to be nothing more than a death wish. Sorry to hear about your demise :[

But starting again is always fun anyway :D

Yeah, that's true, it was getting stale a bit. And I lived with no tent so that I wouldn't have the temptation of restarting full gear.

It is really sad that you died to a hacker, but with that said the story seems pretty amazing till you look at the thread title.... Tell me what is the challenge in playing on low pop servers? That makes all that raiding pretty easy and really nothing special at all.

Well, it's for two reasons.

First one: i love playing at night! and it's hard to find many players at night.

Second: Less probability of finding a hacker. A 20 and less people server isn't "Tasty" for a hacker. Though I'm generally in 20-25 men servers. that one had 36 when I joined.

Third: More friendly. Less populated servers have more "Passive" players. I even healed one guy I never met, just saw him running and falling several times in a plain, healed him after approaching and telling him to drop the gun on the ground. He didn't shoot my back as I was falling back after healing him.

Edited by Deuzerre

Re-starting might be fun, but it wasn't fun for me FOUR FREAKING TIMES in a 2.5 hour period last night. Each time on a new server.

People kept just mass-killing the whole servers. Not even the same one each time.

Edited by tet5uo

I feel your pain. About a week ago I had a similar experience when a hacker teleported the entire server like 500 meters from the ground. Had been alive for about 10 hrs.