Sign in to follow this  
SoWeMeetAgain

waypoint ability ONLY with GPS

Hey there!

It just has come to my knowledge, that the waypoint ability only needs a map (if it is turned on by the server admin at all).

That should not be the case, you should need a GPS for that.

Who can change that? Whom to tell?

greetings

• Like 2

This is a feature that's only on recruit/beginner servers to my knowledge. I don't see that much of a problem with it being there for those who can't handle navigating themselves

HUD Waypoint markers are available on Vetern servers by default. The beginner servers show your position and heading on the map and don't display any waypoints you set.

GPS are unrealistically extremely rare. In fact, I'm a DayZ addict and I have NEVER found one that was not in a tent or on a bandit body. I believe that either the waypoint should remain or GPS become more prevalent.

I use the waypoint thingie to pin down distances for my sniper rifle. It is a very handy feature. And I haven't stopped using it, not ONCE, since I learned of it like, two days ago. It is kinda a crutch.

HUD Waypoint markers are available on Vetern servers by default. The beginner servers show your position and heading on the map and don't display any waypoints you set.

GPS are unrealistically extremely rare. In fact, I'm a DayZ addict and I have NEVER found one that was not in a tent or on a bandit body. I believe that either the waypoint should remain or GPS become more prevalent.

I felt the same way about them, until I started looking at all the green pouches in fire stations and found 3 in a few days. I just assumed they were just makarov mags so I ignored them.

we found out yesterday that if you got an gps, then you automaticly gets a map (if you push M). thats weird, but i think the ide about it is that you have access to the map inside the gps-display. the bad thing about that is that the map is useless if you got an gps.

I think waypoint ability with just a map should be turned OFF, but as soon as you got a GPS you can use it again. Using it to judge distance for sniper rifles is a fair use IMHO because you actually CAN do that with a GPS.

How do I actually make this suggestion to someone with the power to do anything about it? Just posting in this forum seems to do exactly nothing.

Edited by SoWeMeetAgain

This is a feature that's only on recruit/beginner servers to my knowledge. I don't see that much of a problem with it being there for those who can't handle navigating themselves

Works on most veteran servers as well.

You should be able to set WAYPOINTS in the map, if you have the map, a watch and a compass... who needs a GPS to navigate having those 3 items?

old school !

I remember how much I loved to navigate by the sun, in-game landmarks etc. but when my friend told me about the waypoint system, it took away everything. I could just waypoint the location where I wanted to go, and it would show me on the map.

it makes navigation too wasy for sure. half the fun was getting lost before i learnt about waypoints

How do I actually make this suggestion to someone with the power to do anything about it? Just posting in this forum seems to do exactly nothing.

Waypoints can be turned off my server admins. But I do like the gps only waypoint idea.

So + 1 from me!