Sign in to follow this  
s3crtAZOnt

Finaly a use for Crowbars

I think since the crowbar is the least used and least usefull weapon in game, it should be a starting weapon.

It has low pvp damage,still melee,and it will be finaly used by players!

From what I recall, the crowbar w put in experimentally when it was introduced.

So in mt estimation, either they found out what they wanted, or other things were a bigger priority in the eyes of the folks who decide priorities.

I would bet that it will get a larger role at some point.

Maybe we should add head crabs to make it more useful?

I can't even use the crowbar :/ don't know why but it wont reload or react to anything :P

I can just imagine new spawns just running along the cost going all

"WARRIORS! COME OUT TO PLAAAAAAY!"

And pummelling each other with crowbar O.o

I agree that the crowbar is essentially useless, but making it a starting weapon? No.

The search for a weapon is a big part of DayZ, and giving players some sort of "peace of mind" with any sort of free starting weapon removes a lot of the essential feeling that DayZ creates.

Maybe have ammo crates or something with extra loot that can only be opened wit a crowbar...?

Edited by uberwolfe

I don't think you should start with any type of weapon as that is one of the great parts about this game, the high learning curve and difficulty is what makes the game challenging and fun for most people imho

I have no idea why so many people like to have a starting weapon. One of my happiest moments in dayz was when I first found a double barreled.