Sign in to follow this  
edgaroviz

stacking and blood transfusion for yourself.

Some of the things in the inventory don't make sense, a epi-pen does not take the same space as a DMR mag.

It'd be nice if we could stack some items, like 3 epi-pens/bandages/etc, not something unreal, but it should be real.

The second thing is for people like me, I have only 3-5 hours a week to play... If any at all, teams have no need for people like me, and I don't want to make time so I'll play with other people when I barely can find time at all.

When I play, if I get hit I look for food and animals to replanish my blood, it's almost impossible to survive like this, and in real life you can transfuse blood to yourself anyway.

• Like 5

Good post, stackable items are something I'd expect to see in the full release now as I think this is largely down to the Arma 2 engine.

I think epi pens and blood transfusions are intentionally made that way to encourage and reward team play within the game. It works (for the most part!) too. Incidental, there are clans and teams that have time for casual gamers. We have loads of casual gamers within our community and many teas and groups that are happy to have casuals tag along as and when they like, details are in my signature.

Edited by Box

It's a valid point that you can do a blood transfusion yourself. So it should be in game too.

Yeah I agree with some items being much smaller so obviously the ability to hold more. Also do you use Steam or have a mic at all, because you can just add a bunch of people and whenever you're on someone else should be on too to play with. Even list some voip programs you have maybe?

I am an casual player so if you ever wan't to hook up and slay some zeds let me know :D

Good idea though, they did take self transfusions out though to try and combat camping....fail

Edited by Bobcomss
  • Like 1

I think the idea of blood transfusion by yourself is crazy - it damages the teamplay, and it's unrealistic. Try to make a transfusion to yourself in real life :) It's not only hard, but also very risky, and I don't see we are all doctors in zombie world :P

It's a valid point that you can do a blood transfusion yourself. So it should be in game too.

but in real life you cant respawn while you are dead... :)

I think the idea of blood transfusion by yourself is crazy - it damages the teamplay, and it's unrealistic. Try to make a transfusion to yourself in real life :) It's not only hard, but also very risky, and I don't see we are all doctors in zombie world :P

Well... I did, it's no harder than giving yourself an I.V. ^_^

I agree with the stacking of smaller items or at least making them take up less slots or something along those lines. However with blood transfusions, I believe its implemented the way it is to promote teamwork and surviving solo with meat or even food is possible just more difficult. I think the main point for the dayz team right now is giving some incentives to work together so we'll see how they implement it in the future...

Some of the things in the inventory don't make sense, a epi-pen does not take the same space as a DMR mag.

It'd be nice if we could stack some items, like 3 epi-pens/bandages/etc, not something unreal, but it should be real.

The second thing is for people like me, I have only 3-5 hours a week to play... If any at all, teams have no need for people like me, and I don't want to make time so I'll play with other people when I barely can find time at all.

When I play, if I get hit I look for food and animals to replanish my blood, it's almost impossible to survive like this, and in real life you can transfuse blood to yourself anyway.

Indeed you can have 10 flares of chemlights in one inventory square but only one epi pen or morphine injector. Who knows, Perhaps they come in a big box?

Fish

You said we aren't all doctors in the zombie world, so how would it be any safer or easier to give a blood transfusion to another person if we don't know what we're doing?

I agree with the stacking of smaller items or at least making them take up less slots or something along those lines. However with blood transfusions, I believe its implemented the way it is to promote teamwork and surviving solo with meat or even food is possible just more difficult. I think the main point for the dayz team right now is giving some incentives to work together so we'll see how they implement it in the future...

I completely agree, but you can't make the game much harder for people who are "lone wolves", or don't have anytime on their hands.

Now that I see that there are players and groups who have room I'll definitely try to play with them, but time is scarce these days, and I live in Israel, so my time zone mostly matchs with european players who speak english.

but in real life you cant respawn while you are dead... :)

But in real life there's no zombies.

The whole Bloodtransfusion thing is unrealistic. Carrying 6 bags of "healthy ultrablood" uncooled in the bagpack. But some stackable items would be nice ;)

I don't really like the idea that if you are shot once that you need to be in a clan or there is a high risk you will die, I think giving yourself a blood transfusion isn't a bad idea, but it would need to take longer and have a chance of failing.

I don't really like the idea that if you are shot once that you need to be in a clan or there is a high risk you will die, I think giving yourself a blood transfusion isn't a bad idea, but it would need to take longer and have a chance of failing.

I agree about the longer part, but you can't really fail a blood transfusion.

I like your idea of item management. But to be honest it really isn't that hard to find an animal that you can hunt and get blood from, sure it might be hard to find things like matches, etc, personally I think it should stay that another player has to give you the transfusion.